ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-07-2022, 12:12 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts
Default Broncos Fans Leaving the Game at the End of Regulation

o

They couldn't take it anymore ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Laz_OPFt2Xg

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 10-07-2022, 06:37 AM

Thanked 4,396 Times in 2,529 Posts

And I thought our fans sucked.
Chromeburn (10-07-2022), Colts And Orioles (10-07-2022), omahacolt (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 10:27 AM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post

o

In 2011, the Colts had a record of 1-13 heading into a nationally televised game against the Jaguars at home on Thursday Night Football. Not only did more than 64,000 fans show up at Lucas Oil Stadium, but they were going absolutely bonkers on the Colts' final, game-winning touchdown drive which left only 19 seconds left to play when Dan Orlovsky hit Reggie Wayne with a 1-yard TD pass ...... if one didn't know that the Colts' record was 1-13, you would have thought that a playoff berth was on the line for them.

Fast-forward the following video to 56:00 to see the crowd go bananas after the game-winning TD ...... Peyton Manning is rooting as hard as the maniacal fans were on the sidelines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y19BMGrKkow

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-10-2022), IndyNorm (10-07-2022), NextManUp (10-07-2022), Racehorse (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 12:52 PM

Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,488 Posts

Everyone is giving them crap for leaving, and I understand it.

On the other hand, what better way to show you think the product out there is horrible.
Thorgrim (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 01:30 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
they do
Old 10-07-2022, 08:53 PM
Historian

o

I think that Colts fans are both ...... we're great, and we also suck.

o

The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-08-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 09:04 PM

Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,214 Posts

Colts fans can't be that bad 4 of the 8 home games have sold out.

Considering how this team has played like ass, that's quite an achievement.

If we were in a better division it would also probably be more.

I must admit, the 1st game to sell out was vs the Steelers and I expect to almost as much black and gold as blue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-10-2022), IndyNorm (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 09:16 PM

Thanked 1,325 Times in 749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

In 2011, the Colts had a record of 1-13 heading into a nationally televised game against the Jaguars at home on Thursday Night Football. Not only did more than 64,000 fans show up at Lucas Oil Stadium, but they were going absolutely bonkers on the Colts' final, game-winning touchdown drive which left only 19 seconds left to play when Dan Orlovsky hit Reggie Wayne with a 1-yard TD pass ...... if one didn't know that the Colts' record was 1-13, you would have thought that a playoff berth was on the line for them.

Fast-forward the following video to 56:00 to see the crowd go bananas after the game-winning TD ...... Peyton Manning is rooting as hard as the maniacal fans were on the sidelines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y19BMGrKkow

o
It's all relative. After we knew that Peyton was out for the year and realized how bad the team was after week 1, we were happy when the Colts were competitive and ecstatic when they won. This Denver team (and the Colts as well) are more like the '01 and '15 Colts teams where the expectations were really high going into the season, but it turned out the team pretty much sucked.

Last edited by IndyNorm; 10-07-2022 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-10-2022, 08:14 AM

I still have night sweats about the game that I decided to beat traffic on and leave early, which was on December 2nd, 2012.

In my defense, We had travelled across the border from Canada to watch the game, the Colts were getting their faces kicked in and we were hungover as hell and wanted to beat the onslaught of chirping from Lions fans as we left.

Andrew Luck threw three interceptions and completed 44 percent of his passes against the Detroit Lions and may well have won the Rookie of the Year award in the process.

Thanks to two Luck touchdown passes in the final three minutes, the Indianapolis Colts stunned the Lions. Everyone remembers the play, Luck flipping a quick pass to Donny Avery after threatening to run with 0:00 on the clock to win it.
I just remember being on a shuttle buss to the Detroit/Windsor border- myself, my fellow Colt friend, and about 30 other Lions fans on their phones ready to smash them.
Amazing for the Colts and horrible to miss all at the same time. I will always regret that, and told myself from that day forward to never give up on my squad until the clock strikes 0:00 (and even then wait until the play is over).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MeSayDayo For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-10-2022), YDFL Commish (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 10:44 AM

Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSayDayo View Post
I still have night sweats about the game that I decided to beat traffic on and leave early, which was on December 2nd, 2012.

In my defense, We had travelled across the border from Canada to watch the game, the Colts were getting their faces kicked in and we were hungover as hell and wanted to beat the onslaught of chirping from Lions fans as we left.

Andrew Luck threw three interceptions and completed 44 percent of his passes against the Detroit Lions and may well have won the Rookie of the Year award in the process.

Thanks to two Luck touchdown passes in the final three minutes, the Indianapolis Colts stunned the Lions. Everyone remembers the play, Luck flipping a quick pass to Donny Avery after threatening to run with 0:00 on the clock to win it.
I just remember being on a shuttle buss to the Detroit/Windsor border- myself, my fellow Colt friend, and about 30 other Lions fans on their phones ready to smash them.
Amazing for the Colts and horrible to miss all at the same time. I will always regret that, and told myself from that day forward to never give up on my squad until the clock strikes 0:00 (and even then wait until the play is over).
Let's be honest, how many people watched till the end, the 2003 comeback vs the defending SB champ Bucs on MNF, when we were down 35-21 w/less than 5 min. to go?

I know I did.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-10-2022), Luck4Reich (10-10-2022)