ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 08-25-2019, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaynesWorld87 View Post
I'm not doubting you, but I am curious. What, exactly, did this guy say to you? You two were golfing together a couple of weeks ago and he actually said, "I'm hearing Luck may retire." ?

This was just so out-of-nowhere for me and most other people, I'm really wanting to piece-together all the information I'm seeing here, and elsewhere, where people have heard this could possibly (albeit slim) happen.
I can't quote exactly because I was kind of drunk and frankly I didn't really want to talk about it, but while playing disc golf a friend told me that his brother in law or something had told him Luck was going to retire. I don't remember in what capacity, but he worked for the NFL. So, everyone in the loop has known for weeks. Really amazing they were able to keep it hush hush when I found out on a disc golf course in Colorado.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:38 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

For me: It’s going to reaaaalllllyyy suck not watching him play (and the ramifications that has on the Colts). That disappointment is like a hollow pit in my chest.

For him: The man is starting a family. I won’t judge him just as I wouldn’t judge anyone else’s decision to change their career in the best interests of their family.

This is so disappointing but I don’t hold it against the man, if that makes any sense. I just can’t judge someone who puts their body through the ringer like NFL players do and risks their long-term health. If other things are more important to him than football now, then good luck to him and I hope Ballard can pull another McDaniels/Reich.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Butter (08-25-2019), Racehorse (08-25-2019), rcubed (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
We’ve had some tough QBs over the years... Unitas, Jones, Harbaugh, Manning... etc. Then a sissy like Luck.
I still think Johnny U was the greatest because he played before they had all of those promote more offense rules. It's sad that you don't get to hear the voices that played against him.

It was during the Jones era that made more rules protecting the QB. Too many starter out and Monday night duds.

I never consider Harbaugh part of the Colt legacy. He spent most of his career with the Bears.

The Colts were one of the few teams to have so many franchise QBs. Luck ruined that. They only way to get a Manning or Luck is to be really bad at the right time and drafting the right guy. Imagine if the Colts drafted Leaf and Williams.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discflinger View Post
I can't quote exactly because I was kind of drunk and frankly I didn't really want to talk about it, but while playing disc golf a friend told me that his brother in law or something had told him Luck was going to retire. I don't remember in what capacity, but he worked for the NFL. So, everyone in the loop has known for weeks. Really amazing they were able to keep it hush hush when I found out on a disc golf course in Colorado.
I find that hard to believe and still don't. No one keeps their mouth shut these days.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
I find that hard to believe and still don't. No one keeps their mouth shut these days.
Things that happen in my life don't rest upon whether you believe them or not.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:02 AM

Reading some comments around the web there are Pats fans who still like Brisette.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:40 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
Lucks pressor after game if you didn't see it …

https://www.theindychannel.com/sport...G0uXqOSgopgQEk
And he made not one mention of the fans. Fuck that dude.
ChoppedWood (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 03:00 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Watched the press conference and am just left with how sad this whole situation is. Luck went from scratching and clawing it out in 2016 with a torn labrum to utterly broken about football. He went from having the most fun in his professional life last Nov-Jan to this.

He completely lost his calling to the game...enough to pass on $500MM, as Irsay pointed out. How unhappy and broken would you need to be to pass up that kind of money? It’s just...really really sad.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Watched the press conference and am just left with how sad this whole situation is. Luck went from scratching and clawing it out in 2016 with a torn labrum to utterly broken about football. He went from having the most fun in his professional life last Nov-Jan to this.

He completely lost his calling to the game...enough to pass on $500MM, as Irsay pointed out. How unhappy and broken would you need to be to pass up that kind of money? It’s just...really really sad.
I guess it's an issue of pain. After watching a pocket passer like Manning who could get rid of the ball and seeing the way Luck would play you wonder how long he would last. Sometimes he would do things no coach wants to see their franchise QB do.
Old 08-25-2019, 03:32 AM

I say good for him. We had a great ride while it lasted.

He made what he thinks is the best decision for he and his future. I respect that.

He's a Stanferdz kid. He doesnt need luck. I wish him the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to natagu23 For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (08-25-2019)