ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-15-2018, 10:00 PM

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
http://www.weei.com/blogs/ryan-hanna...medium=twitter

Yeah, like I’ve said, don’t be surprised if Amendola is one of McDaniels’ carryovers.
Why don't we get this over with right now, and you can name every Pats FA that you would like the Colts to sign.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Brylok (01-16-2018), Coltsalr (01-15-2018), Indiana V2 (01-15-2018), omahacolt (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 10:06 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,267 Times in 2,015 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smooth View Post

Was just about to say something about that. There is always a date in his posts from at least a decade ago.

Usually something like "Reminds me when Henry "Flapjacks" Terwilliger missed a FG in the third quarter of the Dolphins/Bears game in 72'. IMRAOAO. Really makes you think, huh."

o

Yeah, imagine that. Talking about games and/or circumstances from the present, and correlating it with other historical games and/or circumstances that were very similar from the past.

How annoying that must be for people with IQ's of 90.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-15-2018, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Why don't we get this over with right now, and you can name every Pats FA that you would like the Colts to sign.
I don’t think Puck gave this site enough server space for me to list ALL of them...
Old 01-15-2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtwudusay View Post
Speaking of living in the past, I wonder how that Bojangles guy feels about the hire.

BTW - no, not him, just don’t post much. However I couldn’t resist wondering how a Pats troll would react. Won’t bother wondering how Tom Simpson would react to future line coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha! Good seeing you! I remember you from the RATS days! How’s it been?
Old 01-16-2018, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Was just about to say something about that. There is always a date in his posts from at least a decade ago.

Usually something like "Reminds me when Henry "Flapjacks" Terwilliger missed a FG in the third quarter of the Dolphins/Bears game in 72'. IMRAOAO. Really makes you think, huh."
He is our 'Historian" ... Kinda nice having someone who does take the time
Brylok (01-16-2018), Colts And Orioles (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 12:47 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I live in both the present and the past, which is why I am able to make analogies about current events that are comparable to similar historical events that have happened in the past.

I'm sorry if that concept is too difficult for you to grasp.

o
It's not your fault that you're older than some types of small rocks. You do you.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:48 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:

Smooth siting
Big Smooth (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 02:53 AM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtwudusay View Post
Speaking of living in the past, I wonder how that Bojangles guy feels about the hire.

BTW - no, not him, just don’t post much. However I couldn’t resist wondering how a Pats troll would react. Won’t bother wondering how Tom Simpson would react to future line coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who the fuck are you?
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Big Smooth (01-18-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 07:58 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I may be wrong but my understanding was that Ballard had only two windows to meet with McDaniels.....the first was during their bye week during wildcard week, which is when he went to Boston and did the first interview. The second window is the week between the afccg and the Super Bowl. This is the week they were targeting for second interviews if they decided they need a second round. With today's leaks I don't know that they'd be interviews per se but more discussion. Again, I may be wrong but that's what I understood to be the process so that they wouldn't be tampering with another teams coach that is still under contract. If anyone knows differently please chime in.

Here you go Jesus...it's a couple of years old but clearly states the process so as to stay cleanly on the right side of the anti-tampering rules. It's exactly as I remembered. http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...re_a_head.html
That is only in regards to interviews. They aren't prohibited otherwise from talking to someone.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:48 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I wasn't crazy about the McDaniels hire at first (he failed in Denver because he seemed to be an asshole. usually once an asshole always an asshole in my experience) but am beginning to believe this was another instance of me not knowing what i was talking about. Ballard seems to have courted this guy for the last year and believes they have the same football philosophy. Having everyone pulling the same way is essential for our teams growth and long term success. I don't know that Grigson/Pagono even had a football philosophy. So I love the way that Ballard goes about his and the Colts business. There is enough here for me to actually look forward to the draft and next year. It's always a crapshoot when you hire a new coach, but I like our odds with Ballard at the helm.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-16-2018), VeveJones007 (01-16-2018)