ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 04-27-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
The Colts have no linebackers and no pass rush. They had two potential generational talents at LB staring them in the face and at least one team looking to trade up for a QB. While I wouldn't have been thrilled with 12, 53, and 56, Edmunds and two more second round picks would've been vastly superior to Nelson. Now, the only potential game changing defensive talent I see on the board is Rasheem Green and Harold Landry, and there isn't a LB worth taking until Day 3. Hopefully someday this franchise will learn that defense wins championships. Clearly they haven't yet.
you know Dammy, I'm not thrilled much with this pick too, but we have to get over it. Nelson is now a Colt, and if Luck gets the protection that he needs, he's the one that will win chamionships for the Colts.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:34 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
you know Dammy, I'm not thrilled much with this pick too, but we have to get over it. Nelson is now a Colt, and if Luck gets the protection that he needs, he's the one that will win chamionships for the Colts.
Not without a defense behind him. You can find starting guards on Day 3 of the draft. Green dot helmet wearers and impact pass rushers are a lot more difficult to find there.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:44 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck View Post
I,agree 100% that defense wins championships... but if our QB is dead then what? I feel confident we still get some solid defenders. If Luck goes down again I say we have zero chances with Briskett even if we had Jacksonville Defense.. and we are more that 1-2great defenders from their D. IMO
Perhaps we should look at this as a two part build. Ballard shores up the oline, maybe another position grp, CB/WR. Then addresses the front 7 next year. There is just no way they can fix every position group this year. Not enough picks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
rcubed (04-27-2018), VeveJones007 (04-27-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Perhaps we should look at this as a two part build. Ballard shores up the oline, maybe another position grp, CB/WR. Then addresses the front 7 next year. There is just no way they can fix every position group this year. Not enough picks.
Irsay said it’s a three year rebuild. Several here have balked when I say that when criticizing Ballard’s use of free agency, but it seems pretty obvious.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Not without a defense behind him. You can find starting guards on Day 3 of the draft. Green dot helmet wearers and impact pass rushers are a lot more difficult to find there.

Pretty sure we have enough day 3 and day 4 talent over the 6 years