ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-24-2018, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

With our current OL regardless of where drafted, a couple of these positions Guard, Right Tackle and even Center when Kelly is sidelined are just turds in the punch bowl. Doesn't matter the scheme or who is coaching them. No matter how much you polish a turd it is still a turd...
VeveJones007 (04-24-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 11:59 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
With our current OL regardless of where drafted, a couple of these positions Guard, Right Tackle and even Center when Kelly is sidelined are just turds in the punch bowl. Doesn't matter the scheme or who is coaching them. No matter how much you polish a turd it is still a turd...
Unfortunately you could say the same thing about most positions on the roster.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (04-24-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I agree with this, but Ballard might not. As an example, there are going to be a lot of OL options in rounds 2-3, so he might prefer getting an extra 1-2 players.

Though, you could always look to trade back from #22 if you don't like the board at that point. #22 could be a hot commodity for teams trying to move in front of the Patriots for one of the QBs.
My ideal draft would be getting Chubb at #6, but if he is off the board then trading #6 to Buffalo for #12 and #22 and drafting any two of Landry, Davenport, Wynn,or Hernandez.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:08 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,608 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
You can get the ball out quickly by design. That's a lot of what the Eagles offense has done the past few years. That's what I expect Reich will do. It makes Nelson entirely unnecessary, a luxury pick, and a bad one at that. This team needs a defense if it's going to get anywhere, adding to the OL instead of taking an impact defender makes no sense.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:12 PM

Thanked 1,195 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
This is a list from sportsline for zone blocking rankings for interior OL:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...-interior-ols/

and OT's :

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...now-about-ots/
Heh....Crosby and Daniels are the 2 guys that I wanted us to target even before seeing this list.

Crosby should be able to be gotten with one of our 2nd round picks and Daniels should be available at the top of the 3rd round.

If we could come out of the draft with Edmunds/Smith in the 1st, Crosby, CB, LB/DE in the 2nd round and Daniels in the 3rd round I would consider that a heck of a draft.

4 guys for the O-Line/Front 7 and a CB2 to pair with Wilson. That would be amazing.

Walk Worthy,
Old 04-24-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Heh....Crosby and Daniels are the 2 guys that I wanted us to target even before seeing this list.

Crosby should be able to be gotten with one of our 2nd round picks and Daniels should be available at the top of the 3rd round.

If we could come out of the draft with Edmunds/Smith in the 1st, Crosby, CB, LB/DE in the 2nd round and Daniels in the 3rd round I would consider that a heck of a draft.

4 guys for the O-Line/Front 7 and a CB2 to pair with Wilson. That would be amazing.

Walk Worthy,
I wouldn't be surprised if Daniels makes it into Rd 1. He's definitely going before Rd 3 at the very least.
smitty46953 (04-24-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
I would’nt start a conversation with the Bills if #12 AND #22 are not in play!!!
and I suspect the Bills GM feels the same way in reverse: he wouldn't entertain a conversation where both picks ARE in play, unless it's with the Giants or maybe the Browns, to get past #6 to the greater value at #4 or #2.

if Beane WERE willing to trade both picks for #6, IMO 1) he's incompetent and 2) if I'm Ballard I make that trade in a nanosecond unless Chubb's still there
Old 04-24-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiaColt View Post
and I suspect the Bills GM feels the same way in reverse: he wouldn't entertain a conversation where both picks ARE in play, unless it's with the Giants or maybe the Browns, to get past #6 to the greater value at #4 or #2.

if Beane WERE willing to trade both picks for #6, IMO 1) he's incompetent and 2) if I'm Ballard I make that trade in a nanosecond unless Chubb's still there
Ballard:

"I have Miami and Arizona offering their 1 and 2, plus additional picks. It's going to take at least 12 and 22 for me to get this done."
Racehorse (04-25-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
@AdamSchefter

One GM estimated today that there is a “50 percent chance” that four QBs will go in first five picks Thursday night. Would be a big help to top 10 teams not in QB market.
That's how I've felt for a couple weeks. And if that includes Barkley at 2, then that leaves Chubb at 6.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Ballard:

"I have Miami and Arizona offering their 1 and 2, plus additional picks. It's going to take at least 12 and 22 for me to get this done."
that tells us Ballard's side of it, but not Beane's.

I respect McShay's evaluation of QBs (especially since he was a starting QB in college) and he feels only 2 of the "4 QB's" everyone mentions are deserving of being drafted in the top 10 of this draft. That's not to say they won't be drafted in the top 10, they likely will. And Jackson later in Round One, and Rudolph may even move up into Round One, near the end. IMO the current NFL rules cause teams to over-value QBs in general.

But speaking personally, if I'm Buffalo's GM, I'm not valuing #6 in this draft enough to give up #12 and #22 for it, especially if there's any shot at #4 or #2.