ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-07-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
I'm not upset or numb. We just stink, and Ballard is working on it. I really hope Luck comes back, but the jury is still out on that. The worst I ever felt was losing to PIT in Indy in 2005. The Nick Harper game. That one loss is far worse than this whole season and 2011 combined. Twelve years later and it still stinks. Current events aren't even close.
I still get pissed about that one too.

I'll never, ever forget the 4th and short conversion Pittsburgh lucked into. I probably don't remember it correctly, but Pitt's offensive tackle flinched (False start) and the entire Colt defensive line jumped offside and threw an absolute fit.

The referee restarted the play, when the only legitimate thing to do was call an offside penalty if they hadn't actually seen the offensive lineman move.

That game still stinks, and a couple of years ago I actually left a restaurant because they were playing a replay of the game on NFL network. It still disgusts me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
Brylok (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
I still get pissed about that one too.

I'll never, ever forget the 4th and short conversion Pittsburgh lucked into. I probably don't remember it correctly, but Pitt's offensive tackle flinched (False start) and the entire Colt defensive line jumped offside and threw an absolute fit.

The referee restarted the play, when the only legitimate thing to do was call an offside penalty if they hadn't actually seen the offensive lineman move.

That game still stinks, and a couple of years ago I actually left a restaurant because they were playing a replay of the game on NFL network. It still disgusts me.

I was at that game and what sticks with me most is after it was over the strangest hush fell over the stadium. It was so quiet....everyone was stunned. Unlike most games where everyone files out fairly quickly after the game is over to beat the traffic, we were all just stuck in our seats looking at each other thinking what the hell just happened?
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Brylok (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 02:17 PM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I was at that game and what sticks with me most is after it was over the strangest hush fell over the stadium. It was so quiet....everyone was stunned. Unlike most games where everyone files out fairly quickly after the game is over to beat the traffic, we were all just stuck in our seats looking at each other thinking what the hell just happened?
It was the sew saw of emotions that hurt. Up and Down. Up and Down.

We get the ball with 1:26 left to play in the 3rd quarter down 21-3.

We score in 6-plays and 2:17 off the clock with a 50-yard TD pass to Dallas Clark to make it 21-10.

PIT then runs 8 minutes off the clock with a 14 play drive that ends up with a punt and touchback.

With 6:02 left to play, Manning then takes them 80 yards in 1:39 seconds to score on a 3 yard run by Edge and a successful 2 point conversion from Manning to Wayne to make it 21-18.

PIT eats half the remaining time left with a 5 play drive before punting the ball to us with with 2:31 left in the game on our 18 yard line.

Seeing that our last 2 drives had covered 72 yards and 80 yards in a combined 3:56 seconds and scored 2 TDs, it was reasonable to think that Manning would be able to do it again. However....

The next 4 plays went 2 yard pass, sack for -8 yards, incomplete pass and sack/strip/fumble for -10 yards by Joey Porter. PIT ball on the Indy 2.

Game over. Done. No chance. Brilliant aborted comeback. Bettis never fumbles the ball. The "BUS" was going to run over us.

The play from NFL.com
Quote:
1-2-IND 2 (1:20) 36-J.Bettis up the middle to IND 4 for -2 yards (58-G.Brackett). FUMBLES (58-G.Brackett), RECOVERED by IND-25-N.Harper at IND 7. 25-N.Harper to IND 42 for 35 yards (7-B.Roethlisberger, 84-J.Tuman).
Good golly, got a lump in my throat about seeing Gary Brackett's name there. Loves that guy. Never a superstar (except that play) but he was a great MLB for us.

Manning gets another shot. With 1:01 remaining, Manning drives the Colts 40 yards in 40 seconds setting up a game tying field goal from 46 yards out by the MOST ACCURATE KICKER IN NFL HISTORY.

Bah......frisk that guy.

Down (Got the ball late in 3rd quarter down 21-3)
Up (TD on drive starting in the 3rd quarter and ending in the 4th quarter)
Down (PIT eats up 8 minutes of clock on their drive)
Up (TD on drive starting at the 6 minutes left mark)
Down (PIT eats up 1/2 of the remaining time in the game)
Up (Manning gets the ball to win the game with 2:31 left on the clock)
Down (Sack #1 on Manning on our last ditch drive)
Down (Strip/Sack/Fumble on Manning)
Down (1st and goal from the 2 yard win with The Bus in the backfield)
Up (FUMBLE and runback by Harper)
Up (Manning gets the ball to wint he game with 1:01 left on the clock)
Up (Manning drives 40 yards in 40 seconds to give Vandershank a 46 yard makable FG to tie the game)
Down (Missed FG)
Down (3x Big Ben knee downs)

Fricking roller coaster ride.

Walk Worthy,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Brylok (12-07-2017), Racehorse (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 02:52 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

i still cant believe harper allowed himself to be tripped up by roethlisberger. He should have totally scored, end of story.

cut the other way, dumbass!
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Brylok (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 04:05 PM

Thanked 1,238 Times in 694 Posts

I’ve actually gotten physically sick just now reliving that game. Absolutely one of the worst experiences I’ve ever had as a fan.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thorgrim For This Useful Post:
Brylok (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 04:22 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
i still cant believe harper allowed himself to be tripped up by roethlisberger. He should have totally scored, end of story.

cut the other way, dumbass!
He cut the wrong way but he couldn't run at his normal speed. He and his wife had a domestic the night before and she stabbed him in the thigh with a steak knife. Just wild circumstances with that game.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:44 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
He cut the wrong way but he couldn't run at his normal speed. He and his wife had a domestic the night before and she stabbed him in the thigh with a steak knife. Just wild circumstances with that game.
I remember. But he was running well enough and only had ben to beat. Cut the wrong way and got shoe string tackled.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:35 PM
Accidental Administrator

The whole game was officiated poorly... I still dont know how they overturned Polamalu's interception with 5:33 left...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHL647Mclzk

The play starts at 1:31:20.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Brylok (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
The whole game was officiated poorly... I still dont know how they overturned Polamalu's interception with 5:33 left...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHL647Mclzk

The play starts at 1:31:20.
I just want to say fuck you for posting video footage of that game.

I'm joking, of course, but I never want to see anything from that game ever again.

That was James' last game as a colt.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
Pez (12-08-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 07:28 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

I have never watched a single replay from that game. If a replay comes on, I do something else. I will walk out of a room in full conversation if any of that fucking shit comes on.

To this day a gigantic huge middle finger solute to you Vandy- fuck off!
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Brylok (12-07-2017)