ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-17-2018, 10:48 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
McDaniels was not my first choice either for this job. There are legitimate concerns about what he did in Denver and the BB coaching tree is short on success stories once they leave NE.

However, if nothing else, the offense should be better with a system based on 21st century NFL reality finally. He should at the very least find a way to maximize the potential of the WRs and RBs, plus allow Luck to get rid of the ball quicker and take fewer hits. His shoulder situation should be less of a concern with shorter, quicker routes.
Yep, there are reasons for optimism and concern. It’s a hell of a lot more intriguing than what we knew we had with Pagano.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Brylok (01-17-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 03:04 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
McDaniels was not my first choice either for this job. There are legitimate concerns about what he did in Denver and the BB coaching tree is short on success stories once they leave NE.

However, if nothing else, the offense should be better with a system based on 21st century NFL reality finally. He should at the very least find a way to maximize the potential of the WRs and RBs, plus allow Luck to get rid of the ball quicker and take fewer hits. His shoulder situation should be less of a concern with shorter, quicker routes.
We've been waiting on that for years. We weren't going to get it with Pagano and company.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:02 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,124 Times in 638 Posts

Quote:

Agree, but I must say goddam I loved Andrew going off script and making shit happen

I'm looking forward to empty sets and fast pace I definitely feel like Luck will excel in that
Old 01-18-2018, 02:23 PM

Here is a wrinkle to throw in though it if happens :

Do you go after Mike Tomlin if he is fired by the Steelers?

Personally I think that would be a stupid move by Pitt. But the rumor mill is swirling of them being unhappy with him. Haley was fired already.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:48 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:

Personally I think that would be a stupid move by Pitt. But the rumor mill is swirling of them being unhappy with him. Haley was fired already.
If we are moving to a 4-3. I would consider him as my DC, but fuck no as a HC.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:06 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

No to younger, louder, dumber Tony Dungy.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:07 PM

Thanked 1,238 Times in 694 Posts

Quote:

Dude is a great underachiever. No thanks.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:

He’d be a clear upgrade on Pagano, don’t get me wrong...

That said, normally after a team fires a coach, they like to overcorrect and bring in a guy that at least ostensibly offers the opportunity to shore up the previous coaches shortcomings.

The knocks on Tomlin that his teams are underprepared and underachieve are too similar to the knocks on Pagano.

That, and I think at this point if we left McDaniels at the altar it might be hard for the Colts to ever get a respected coach to trust them in the hiring process knowing that the Colts don’t negotiate in good faith.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-18-2018), Spike (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 09:01 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
He’d be a clear upgrade on Pagano, don’t get me wrong...

That said, normally after a team fires a coach, they like to overcorrect and bring in a guy that at least ostensibly offers the opportunity to shore up the previous coaches shortcomings.

The knocks on Tomlin that his teams are underprepared and underachieve are too similar to the knocks on Pagano.

That, and I think at this point if we left McDaniels at the altar it might be hard for the Colts to ever get a respected coach to trust them in the hiring process knowing that the Colts don’t negotiate in good faith.
Not to mention, there are terribly undisciplined on and off the field.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:06 PM

Sad that in this decade of the NFL there just isn't quality coaching or candidates. Experienced ones were fired for a reason and they get fired again. There are probably more benefits to coaching at the college level. In some cases the pay is much higher. The players are also not above you.