ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-02-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
Did Jim Irsay just tip his draft preference for Penn State RB Saquon Barkley? Mentions putting "an Edgerrin James type" with Andrew Luck.

The Browns have the 1st and 4th ( from Houston) picks in the draft. They will draft Barkley with the first pick and still get a franchise QB with the fourth.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:17 AM

Thanked 4,375 Times in 2,520 Posts

Instead of Barkley, I would hope Chubb out of Georgia would fall to the third round.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
The Browns have the 1st and 4th ( from Houston) picks in the draft. They will draft Barkley with the first pick and still get a franchise QB with the fourth.
I hope you are correct and Colts can trade down for more picks and fix the O Line
Old 01-02-2018, 10:39 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Get an impact player, I don't care where he plays. Given what this team is if I had a choice it would be offensive line but I'm not sure that there is anyone other than Nelson who is worth such a high pick. I'd love to trade with the Bronco's or Jets (both need a qb) and pick whoever is left of Chubb, Nelson or Barkley. If Cleveland get cute and takes Barkley first then we really should trade back.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Get an impact player, I don't care where he plays. Given what this team is if I had a choice it would be offensive line but I'm not sure that there is anyone other than Nelson who is worth such a high pick. I'd love to trade with the Bronco's or Jets (both need a qb) and pick whoever is left of Chubb, Nelson or Barkley. If Cleveland get cute and takes Barkley first then we really should trade back.
To me Cleveland drafting Barkley would not be being cute, it would be the right thing to do! They get the premier running back and one of the best QBs in the draft!!
The Following User Says Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-02-2018)
Old 01-02-2018, 12:34 PM

Thanked 1,655 Times in 794 Posts

This might be a gamble, but I would like to see another UCF player on this defense: LB Shaquem Griffin.
UCF is the only team I have watched enough to say anything about any college players (cuz that's where I work, and I only live a mile from campus and have been to the games).
But Griffin is reported to be a natural leader, esp in practice. And when you watch him play he passes the eye test, he's fast, has great instinct, sniffs out plays and is in on pretty much every play. Consistently gets pressure on the QB, makes tackles in the open field, sniffs out screen passes. He was a dominant force in the Peach Bowl win vs. Auburn. He's relentless as an edge rusher.
He could be a 1st round pick, maybe 2nd, except for one big thing: he has no left hand!
I think he'll likely fall to the 4th or 5th round because teams aren't gonna want to take a chance on a guy who is challenged on things like wrapping up, catching the ball, basically anything in football where you need 2 hands. But I think he'll be a steal for whoever decides to take him.
Here's one highlight reel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MN6PfGB6eA

Some Peachbowl highlights (his number is 18)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j2fOaUkTpI
At 1:55 you can see Griffin getting into the backfield to disrupt the handoff, results in a fumble return, and Griffin ends up laying a nasty block that springs the return for big yards.
At 2:25 Griffin plows his way past the blocks to get a big sack.
At 3:10, he is slightly held on his edge rush, flushes the QB out of the pocket who then made a great pass
One bad play: at 3:35 he hesitates for some reason and ends up unable to tackle the RB, giving up a TD.
At 5:45, watch Griffin race across the middle to chase down the scrambling QB to make the tackle for short gain.
At 6:10 Griffin speeds past the LT to collapse the pocket, forces the bad throw that results in the game sealing interception.

Here's another highlight reel where you get a nice view on him in pass coverage, even coming up with an interception:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6jFL3W1Z7E
(also lots of forced fumbles and nice spin moves in that clip)

We need this guy!
Old 01-02-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
This might be a gamble, but I would like to see another UCF player on this defense: LB Shaquem Griffin.
UCF is the only team I have watched enough to say anything about any college players (cuz that's where I work, and I only live a mile from campus and have been to the games).
But Griffin is reported to be a natural leader, esp in practice. And when you watch him play he passes the eye test, he's fast, has great instinct, sniffs out plays and is in on pretty much every play. Consistently gets pressure on the QB, makes tackles in the open field, sniffs out screen passes. He was a dominant force in the Peach Bowl win vs. Auburn. He's relentless as an edge rusher.
He could be a 1st round pick, maybe 2nd, except for one big thing: he has no left hand!
I think he'll likely fall to the 4th or 5th round because teams aren't gonna want to take a chance on a guy who is challenged on things like wrapping up, catching the ball, basically anything in football where you need 2 hands. But I think he'll be a steal for whoever decides to take him.
Here's one highlight reel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MN6PfGB6eA

Some Peachbowl highlights (his number is 18)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j2fOaUkTpI
At 1:55 you can see Griffin getting into the backfield to disrupt the handoff, results in a fumble return, and Griffin ends up laying a nasty block that springs the return for big yards.
At 2:25 Griffin plows his way past the blocks to get a big sack.
At 3:10, he is slightly held on his edge rush, flushes the QB out of the pocket who then made a great pass
One bad play: at 3:35 he hesitates for some reason and ends up unable to tackle the RB, giving up a TD.
At 5:45, watch Griffin race across the middle to chase down the scrambling QB to make the tackle for short gain.
At 6:10 Griffin speeds past the LT to collapse the pocket, forces the bad throw that results in the game sealing interception.

Here's another highlight reel where you get a nice view on him in pass coverage, even coming up with an interception:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6jFL3W1Z7E
(also lots of forced fumbles and nice spin moves in that clip)

We need this guy!
I liked his brother that also came out of UCF last year and he's had a pretty nice year for the Seahawks from what I understand.

They were saying at the time last year to keep an eye on his brother this year at UCF. I didn't watch too much UCF football this year, but I'll study up during draft time and I'm sure I'll be impressed by him, particularly as a mid-round pick.