ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-17-2017, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

I thought it was a good call
Mr. Session (12-18-2017)
Old 12-17-2017, 09:41 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I thought it was a good call
I did too but still had roles been reversed it would have been called a TD for the Pats. Count on that!
Old 12-17-2017, 09:45 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,266 Times in 2,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

By the way, these absurd "catch or no catch" calls don't always go against our rooting interests.

I remember this play from the 2005 season divisional playoff game against the Steelers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO8-MpXgjsw

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post

Except the Colts still lost that game, so it didn't matter.

o

It mattered a lot, because it kept the Colts' chances to win that game alive.

It was a horrible call, it was in as crucial a situation as could be (late in the 4th quarter of a playoff game), and it went in the Colts' favor ........ to assert that referees should not be judged unless their awful calls cost a team a game (and/or that awful calls are not worth bringing up in regard to a discussion about catch rules if the team that was screwed wound up winning the game) is illogical.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 12-17-2017 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
I think the rule- the sham I should say- is based on "player safety"... lol---

FUCK OFF ROGER!

I have really found myself giving less and less of a shit- I know the Luck / Colts situation has had a profound impact on that, but it's also got a great deal to do with the complete sham that the league really has become. There is no defense to be played and if there is, the game comes to a stop so they can review every blade of grass to see where it was during the snap of the ball...

Fuck this, just tired of it, fucking tired of it. WWE is a more realistic "sport" than this trash...
Why you holding back? Tell us how you really feel, it's therapeutic ...
Butter (12-18-2017), ChoppedWood (12-17-2017)
Old 12-17-2017, 11:35 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Did I say FUCK ROGER? If not--- FUCK ROGER!
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Luck4Reich (12-18-2017)
Old 12-18-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
o

It was a horrible call, it was in as crucial a situation as could be (late in the 4th quarter of a playoff game), and it went in the Colts' favor ........ to assert that referees should not be judged unless their awful calls cost a team a game (and/or that awful calls are not worth bringing up in regard to a discussion about catch rules if the team that was screwed wound up winning the game) is illogical.

o
I still think it does matter whether it made a difference in the outcome, but I would grant that was a bad call as well and if Pitt had lost due to that call I can see why they would be mad.

The problem with the catch rules are they tried to come up with a rule that makes it "easy" for refs to interpret and in the process they get ridiculous results like what we saw yesterday or with Dez Bryant where obvious catches are ruled incomplete.

The play yesterday goes against everything else we see in the NFL with plays at the goal line where the play is over when the ball touches the goal line.

Now if you catch it IN the end zone, that's different.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (12-18-2017)
Old 12-18-2017, 09:24 AM

At least the call was consistent with what we saw in the Dallas GB matchup a few years ago.

I hate both of these teams so idgaf. The steelers talk too much shit for my personal taste and feel like posers to me. I don't like New England either but they are still the best team in football.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:27 PM
Accidental Administrator

The dumbest call in this game was the fake spike...

Just spike it and kick the fucking FG.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:21 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,266 Times in 2,014 Posts

Quote:
o

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post

I still think it does matter whether it made a difference in the outcome, but I would grant that was a bad call as well and if Pitt had lost due to that call I can see why they would be mad.

The problem with the catch rules are they tried to come up with a rule that makes it "easy" for refs to interpret and in the process they get ridiculous results like what we saw yesterday or with Dez Bryant where obvious catches are ruled incomplete.

The play yesterday goes against everything else we see in the NFL with plays at the goal line where the play is over when the ball touches the goal line.

Now if you catch it IN the end zone, that's different.

o

Why would it matter less if the Steelers had won the game? It's not a horrible rule because the Steelers lost the game, it's a horrible rule because it's a horrible rule. Yesterday's call/application of the rule would have been just as horrible if the Steelers had kicked a field goal and won the game in overtime instead of throwing the INT that they did.

The most effective time to complain about the referees and/or of a questionable rule is after a win. Complaining about the officiating/rules after a loss if often shrugged off as sour grapes. Complaining about the officiating/rules after a win cannot be written off as such.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Puck (12-18-2017)