ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-06-2017, 05:21 PM

Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcase448 View Post
posit?

But beyond that it just furthers my point, trade Luck. Let Jacoby take the pounding until we're rebuilt
Just no! A franchise QB is the hardest piece to ever gat, you simply do not trade them away.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:29 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Can someone please get Mike Ditka or Mike Lynn, or preferably both of them on the red phone please...
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2017, 06:35 PM

I don't see this team being years away. There's some young talent on this team, and they'll add some more for next season. A free agent here and there and a healthy Andrew Luck and this team wins at least 11 games next season. It all hinges on Luck. If he's healthy, we're a pretty good team, without him we're not. Jacoby is a decent #2, and is proving he's a possible starter, but he's no Andrew Luck and never will be. If you trade Luck, you are trading the future of this team, he's only 28.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I don't see this team being years away. There's some young talent on this team, and they'll add some more for next season. A free agent here and there and a healthy Andrew Luck and this team wins at least 11 games next season. It all hinges on Luck. If he's healthy, we're a pretty good team, without him we're not. Jacoby is a decent #2, and is proving he's a possible starter, but he's no Andrew Luck and never will be. If you trade Luck, you are trading the future of this team, he's only 28.
Agree with Luck this yr we are 7-2 right now. Possibly 8-1
Old 11-06-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Just no! A franchise QB is the hardest piece to ever gat, you simply do not trade them away.
The Colts have been one of the luckier franchises to have 4 in their history. Teams like the Bears - never.

I think some are over valuing Brisset. If the Pats were willing to trade him despite having an aging Brady what does that tell you.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:25 PM

Our defense this year has been statistically horrific (quite a few points should be going against the offense with the pick 6's etc), but i see a lot of positives, along with a few absolute horrors as well.

Our defensive line has been very good, especially against the run, Hankins and Woods have been great all season. Anderson has had a couple of very good games the last couple of weeks, Margus Hunt has seen a lot of game time and has played well. Ridgeway and Stewart haven't seen a huge amount of game time, but have both been adequate as young depth players.

Our secondary has been up and down at times, but from my eyes has been markedly improved overall from last year, they at least appear to be in a position to make a play, even if they haven't always done so. A cornerback stable of Davis, Melvin, Hairston, Desir and Wilson is something i am very comfortable with, especially as we have some youngsters who will hopefully continue to improve. I was really impressed with how Desir played against Hopkins yesterday.......sure he gave up the TD, but he was playing man to may for much of the game, and had tight coverage throughout. Hairston has been an absolute revelation in the slot, and has possibly been our defensive MVP for the season. The safety position has been less encouraging, Butler seems lost much of the time, and always a step late. Hooker looked like the player we had all hoped him to be, but obviously has a serious injury to overcome. Fairley has played well enough, but T.J. Green has been as bad, if not worse than he was last year. Hopefully we will get a sighting of Geathers in action at some point soon. A healthy trio of Hooker, Geathers and Fairley ought to be something that we can rely on for a few years to come.

I have been fairly impressed with the performances of our OLB's, especially Simon, he has brought the most impact to the defense, but needs to get back on to the playing field.....Sheard has also played well against the run, although hasn't really stood out as a pass rushing force. Mingo has also been a nice addition who always gives his all. Basham has been a big disappointment, but maybe there are a few signs of some improvement of late. There has been a more consistent pass rush threat than last year, but not exactly causing major issues for the opposition offenses either. It is not as if you think we have a double digit sack candidate on the team. Then again i would never have thought that we did last year, but of course we did.

The biggest and most obvious cause for concern has been the ILB's, we just haven't got anyone who i feel should be on the roster come next season. Bostic, has been truly awful in coverage, and not a whole lot better against the run either. Morrison, just looks completely lost most of the time, George was a nice feel good player as someone making the roster from nowhere, but he really hasn't made any notable plays. Walker has barely seen the field of play, but maybe he could be a bright spot going forward, but i am not holding my breath on that happening.

I think come next season we should be ok at corner even if we were to lose Davis, the safety position is fine, i wouldn't do anything drastic along the defensive line, and believe that we can make do with the OLB's, but the ILB's both need to be replaced with new starters.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
"Realistically, the Colts could trade Jacoby Brissett for a late-first to mid-second round pick after his impressive season. "

That's the kind Of deal that only Ryan Grigson would love.
If someone wants to give the Colts a #1 or 2 or Brissett, you take it.

Garroppolo was traded for a high second. I just don't see how anyone things Brissett would command the same or more.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
GoBigBlue88 (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 07:29 AM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
If someone wants to give the Colts a #1 or 2 or Brissett, you take it.

Garroppolo was traded for a high second. I just don't see how anyone things Brissett would command the same or more.
094 attempts / 063 completions / 67.0% / 0,690 yards / 5 TD / 0 INT / 106.2 QB Rating / 26 years old / Jimmy Garoppolo

325 attempts / 199 completions / 61.2% / 2,350 yards / 7 TD / 4 INT / 085.3 QB Rating / 24 years old / Jacoby Brissett

The only thing that massively stands out is that, in very limited action, Jimmy G protects the ball better by not throwing picks.

Otherwise? Remember the phrase "there are not enough NLF quality QBs in the league......" If Brissett ends up the season at around a 61 - 62% completion percentage and around a 2-to-1 TD-to-INT ratio, then there will be an NFL team that would trade a 2nd round pick for him.

I am against that trade but someone would do so.

Walk Worthy,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 10:04 AM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Agree with Luck this yr we are 7-2 right now. Possibly 8-1
No we're not...
Old 11-07-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
094 attempts / 063 completions / 67.0% / 0,690 yards / 5 TD / 0 INT / 106.2 QB Rating / 26 years old / Jimmy Garoppolo

325 attempts / 199 completions / 61.2% / 2,350 yards / 7 TD / 4 INT / 085.3 QB Rating / 24 years old / Jacoby Brissett

The only thing that massively stands out is that, in very limited action, Jimmy G protects the ball better by not throwing picks.

Otherwise? Remember the phrase "there are not enough NLF quality QBs in the league......" If Brissett ends up the season at around a 61 - 62% completion percentage and around a 2-to-1 TD-to-INT ratio, then there will be an NFL team that would trade a 2nd round pick for him.

I am against that trade but someone would do so.

Walk Worthy,

There is more difference than just protecting the ball better.

The QB rating is 20 points higher and he has only thrown 7 TDs in 325 attempts.

And a completion percentage of 67% vs 61% is a big difference.

And beyond the stats there is just the obvious problem Brissett has shown making decisions quick enough to avoid sacks. And he is not just throwing INTs, he is throwing pick 6s.

But hey if someone offers, certainly take it. I just don't see it happening, especially with an upcoming draft that is deep at QB.