ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-22-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
@TomPelissero
#Colts wasting no time. They put in a request tonight to interview #Patriots OC Josh McDaniels a second time, source said. Can’t make hire official until season is over, but he’s their guy (as @RapSheet and I reported last week), so this is an opportunity for planning.
At this point they better hire him.

Otherwise they are wasting a whole lot of time by not having a new coach in place by now with no excuse for it
Old 01-22-2018, 09:45 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
At this point they better hire him.

Otherwise they are wasting a whole lot of time by not having a new coach in place by now with no excuse for it
I'm sure this "second interview" is an excuse to get moving on hires and talk about what McD wants to do w/the roster in FA and maybe the draft.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:53 AM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I'm sure this "second interview" is an excuse to get moving on hires and talk about what McD wants to do w/the roster in FA and maybe the draft.
If so, The first words out of McDaniel's mouth, need to be "Chris, please get Kamar Aiken off of my team".
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-22-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
If so, The first words out of McDaniel's mouth, need to be "Chris, please get Kamar Aiken off of my team".
Aiken actually did play for the Pats back in 2012.

He only played in one game and didn't record a catch, so I can't imagine McDaniels was overly impressed by him.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
And TJ Green should be next.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Spike (01-22-2018), YDFL Commish (01-22-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
And TJ Green should be next.

Now, now don't be hasty.....there's still one or two new positions on defense we haven't given him the opportunity to fail at yet. Plenty more wood to chop.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Pez (01-22-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 02:12 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

I could not care less about Aiken. Just another in a long line of overplayed, disappointing FA WRs in this offense. Hakeem Nicks, Andre Johnson, DHB, Donnie Avery was probably the best of them and he wasn't that great. I don't even know why Ballard signed him, what purpose was he supposed to serve?

I hate wasting a 2nd round pick. I know he probably flat out sucks and can't contribute. But I'd give Green a chance in camp to show something w/the new coaching staff. Special teams gunner, backup safety maybe.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I could not care less about Aiken. Just another in a long line of overplayed, disappointing FA WRs in this offense. Hakeem Nicks, Andre Johnson, DHB, Donnie Avery was probably the best of them and he wasn't that great. I don't even know why Ballard signed him, what purpose was he supposed to serve?

I hate wasting a 2nd round pick. I know he probably flat out sucks and can't contribute. But I'd give Green a chance in camp to show something w/the new coaching staff. Special teams gunner, backup safety maybe.
We might be getting the Pats Special Teams coordinator out of this one:

Quote:
Faced with the prospect of losing defensive coordinator Matt Patricia to Detroit, offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels to Indianapolis and linebackers coach Brian Flores to Arizona, the New England Patriots' coaching losses may go even deeper.

Patriots special-teams coach Joe Judge also is working on an expiring contract and could leave New England after this season to join one of his fellow departing assistant coaches, league sources told ESPN.

If Judge were to leave New England, it would mean that head coach Bill Belichick could be losing each of his three direct reports on his coaching staff.

Judge has coached with the Patriots since 2011, after working under Nick Saban at Alabama from 2009 to 2011.

Under Judge's talents and direction, the Patriots typically have fielded one of the league's top special-teams units.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...istant-coaches

I guess we'll see if he's closer to McDaniels or Patricia.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:11 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
No the Colts went 1 and done, because their defense could not get the job done in the playoffs. Letting Billy Volek drive the length of the field for the winning TD in '07, giving up 167 yds rushing to the Chargers in '08, letting Mark Sanchez drive the length of the field for the winning FG in '10, while giving up 164 rushing yds.

The '05 team did lose their focus, mainly due to the untimely death of Tony Dungy's son. Also a big contributor to the '07 loss was the fact that Freeney and Mathis did not play in that game, due to injuries.

But lets not let facts get in the way here.
What facts?

The team relied on offense every year and it routinely underperformed in the playoffs that's the fact

My point was the best players get special treatment on every team including the Colts

You can't tell me Peyton and Bob Sanders had the same rules and expectations as everyone else. Bob rarely even practiced but started whenever he was healthy what message does that send to the bum ass safety the coach is telling to go hard in practice because it pays off?
Old 01-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Aiken actually did play for the Pats back in 2012.

He only played in one game and didn't record a catch, so I can't imagine McDaniels was overly impressed by him.
We all know what's coming a bunch of jittery 5ft 7 white WR's we already have the goofy white TE.