ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-23-2018, 05:09 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
Competing just because we are in a shitty division isn't much to brag about. I would rather them build the team to where we can compete for championships for the longer term, not just AFC south divisions.

We weren't close to competing last year in a shitty division. Now we are becoming less shitty. And the team has some excitement. Last years colts were more predictable than a year old calendar.

Now I about pooped my pants when Luck was leading the way on the double reverse, but it was cool when he check up and realized, HOLY FUCK what am I DOING???????

I like watching this team win or lose this year. It's fun, they put it all out there. Last year was god awful
Old 10-23-2018, 05:12 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
This is a football message board where people express their thoughts and opinions about the colts and football in general. You don’t seem to understand that or like it.

Why are you here? If we shouldn’t question the colts, seems like this would be a very boring place.
So put away logic, reason and facts. Ok, I can roll with that.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:13 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
One guy? That guy's name is:

Von Sammy Nate Trumaine Malcolm Miller Wakins Solder Johnson Butler

Sign THAT guy and we would have been a contender.

Walk Worthy,
Yeah, Nate Solder has turned the Giants around. Well, he's turned Eli, around as in LOOK OUT ELI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Because I don't agree with you I'm intellectually dishonest? That's silly - I always try to explain my position in terms of actual information. Please point out my prior posts where you think I'm not being forthright or "moving the goalposts" on you. My position has always been that a healthy Luck gives us a chance to win almost any game - perhaps our chances could be slightly improved by signing a bunch of free agents, but I'll trade a few extra mistakes in exchange for the long term benefits that I think following Ballard's plan will bring.

And by the way, what players is Ballard playing "clearly before they are ready"? It appears to me that the areas of greatest concern are those that are manned largely by players that have been in the league for several years: CB and WR. Most of the rookies have performed admirably, and a review of the stats reveals that our defense is actually far better statistically than it was with all of the old guard you argued so strongly that we should have kept (Hankins, etc.). Despite our 2-5 record, we've actually scored more points (189) than we've given up (185).

Simply put, while your comments often reflect commonly held sentiments about the Colts, they aren't supported by the facts. Now THAT is intellectually dishonest, and that's why I've been pressing you to provide me with real-world information that we can all analyze in support of your position.
Chaka, I’ll apologize for the intellectual dishonesty comment. I did go back and reread some of your posts and while your comments lead me to believe you expected better than 2-5 at this point you haven’t specifically stated such. My memory apparently let me down again and I do apologize.

As to the rest I’ll comment shortly when I get a chance, but I did want to get the apology posted.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Chaka (10-23-2018), Colts And Orioles (01-21-2019), sherck (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
Why keep any player not on a rookie contract? Just trade away all good players over 25 for draft picks and bring in young players every year. Cap space forever, building culture forever.

Wait that sounds almost as dumb as your post, nevermind.
I was referring to what RM posted about not developing players
Old 10-23-2018, 05:25 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
So put away logic, reason and facts. Ok, I can roll with that.
What the fuck is so illogical with wanting the colts to field the best team possible? Or not liking losses to the Texans and jets? The fact is we are 2-5 and you want to act like that is some fucking accomplishment.

Don’t sit on the fucking fence and ridicule people for having opinions.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:27 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Awesome. Then come back at the end of the year. Seriously why are you here?
To annoy you. You really fucked up sometime in the last year for me to show up and bother you. This is Karma. I should just change my name to Karma. I'm here because you want to rule a message board and discourage anyone who disagrees with you force them to join you on your tiny love me island.

What? Too much truth? DOH!

Here's the thing. That was last year, this is NOW.

I like Ballard. He took the leap. The leap of faith that Luck would return and be, well, LUCK. What, I've got to keep Pagano? Ok, that won't stop me.

Now he's got two drafts and the talent looks really good. And the guys he keeps finding to plug into the gaps that have kept forming. He wanted his dream, he had a chance here and JUMPED into the abyss that was the Colts QB shit storm. I don't know what goes on in Jim Irsay's brain (who does), but he stuck Ballard with a terrible head coach and he took it on. Last year was so bad, even I could tell you what play was coming and I don't know squat about coaching.

That was then, this is NOW!

Yeah, the Colts have lost more games than they have won. But they didn't take it right between the eyes, they made every team bust their ass to beat them.

I don't give a damn about last year. There is a new coach and he's going to roll the dice and throw caution to the wind. WHY NOT? What's the worst that can happen? They lose. They have been doing that. Now they will learn how to win. And you don't do that by playing safe.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:28 PM
Post whore

Quote:
What the fuck is so illogical with wanting the colts to field the best team possible? Or not liking losses to the Texans and jets? The fact is we are 2-5 and you want to act like that is some fucking accomplishment.

Don’t sit on the fucking fence and ridicule people for having opinions.
You can have an opinion. I am not forced to accept it. It's a right insured by the Constitution of the United States.

Oh, and I'm not sitting on a fence. I agree with Ballard's methods
Old 10-23-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Chaka, I’ll apologize for the intellectual dishonesty comment. I did go back and reread some of your posts and while your comments lead me to believe you expected better than 2-5 at this point you haven’t specifically stated such. My memory apparently let me down again and I do apologize.

As to the rest I’ll comment shortly when I get a chance, but I did want to get the apology posted.
Very cool of you to say, but unnecessary as I took no real offense at your comments even if my response sounded like I did (getting across the right tone in writing is always difficult – I guess that’s what emojis are for, but I can’t bring myself to use them).

I can save you the trouble of looking through my old posts – whether I said it or not, I did expect the Colts to be better than 2-5 by now. But I don’t think I’ve said anything since then that’s inconsistent with that. I am disappointed by the record, and I think we’re better than that. I never felt this year had to be a rebuilding year where we just had to accept the fact we’d have a losing record, particularly since we have the best QB in the division. Parcell’s famous statement that “you are what your record says you are” sounds nice coming from him, but it’s not true – particularly over a period of seven games. There is a world of difference between the Colts and the Bills, even though they have the same W-L record at this point. Just look at the game last Sunday.

That said, I’m looking forward to your response to my comments.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
We weren't close to competing last year in a shitty division. Now we are becoming less shitty. And the team has some excitement. Last years colts were more predictable than a year old calendar.

Now I about pooped my pants when Luck was leading the way on the double reverse, but it was cool when he check up and realized, HOLY FUCK what am I DOING???????

I like watching this team win or lose this year. It's fun, they put it all out there. Last year was god awful
Frank was Mic'd up for the Buffalo game and on the Colts site on Facebook they posted excerpts from the game. If you have a chance, look it up....it's very cool....includes his chit chat w/Jim Kelly before the start of the game.....Anyway, on the Play you mention above, when Andrew comes off the field he says to Frank..."I wanted to punch it in" and Frank says, "If you'd have tried I would have body slammed you. You made the right decision". It was cute....the two of them seem to have a nice chemistry.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Spike (10-27-2018)