ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-08-2021, 10:34 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

o

3 times this season, Tom Brady's teams have been given a gift touchdown right before halftime, including in yesterday's Super Bowl.

vs. CHARGERS, 10/04: ..llllll The Chargers were having their way with the Buccaneers, holding a 24-7 lead just before halftime. The Buccaneers were out of timeouts, and there were only 55 seconds left to play in the half. The Chargers had the ball on their own 6-yardline, 1st and 10. Take 2 knees and run out the clock, right ??? Wrong. Justin Herbert channels his inner Joe Theismann, and decides to hand the ball of to his running back, Joshua Kelly. Kelly promptly fumbles, and the Buccaneers recover. 2 plays later, Tom Brady hits his receiver for a touchdown.

That sequence of events completely changed the complexion of that game. Instead of heading into the locker room with a commanding 24-7 lead, the Chargers gift-wrapped a TD for Tom Brady and company, who ride that momentum in the 2nd half en route to a 38-31 victory.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...2010040tam.htm

vs. PACKERS, AFC Champ: ll With no timeouts and only 8 seconds left on the clock, the Buccaneers have the ball at the Packers' 39-yardline. Anybody who has not been living on the moon knows what the Packers should do ...... rush 2 lineman, and position their remaining 9 defenders (all defensive backs) appropriately to prevent a quick sideline pass which could potentially stop the clock and give the Buccaneers a better shot at a field goal attempt, and (most importantly) have at least 3 of them positioned 5 yards in front of the goal line to prevent a touchdown. The Packers inexplicably play a standard defense, and leave corner-back Kevin King all alone with one-on-one coverage of his man (no, I'm not kidding. It was straight-up, one-on-one coverage in what was a Hail Mary situation.) Scott Miller catches the ball in the end-zone after running past King to turn a 14-10 lead into a more daunting 21-10 lead for the Buccaneers heading into the locker room.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...2101240gnb.htm

vs. CHIEFS, Super Bowl: ll. Not to be outdone in the category of being a complete imbecile, Andy Reid wants in on the action ...... with only 1 minute left to play before halftime, his team's kicker had just booted a field goal to cut their team's deficit to 14-6. The Buccaneers only had 1 timeout, and were on the own 25 yardline. Tom Brady, not wanting to be a Justin Herbert/Joe Theismann type of fool, accepts the reality that in such a situation it is best to simply run the clock out and head into the locker. He hands the ball off to his running back, who is stopped for no gain. Reid calls a timeout. This timeout was not necessarily an awful decision, because they had 2 timeouts left, and there was at least a remote possibility that they could force a punt with 2 more stops and get the ball back with enough time to perhaps get into field goal range. But then Tom Brady calls for a conservative pass, which gains 8 yards on 2nd down. This makes it 3rd down and only 2 yards needed for a first down. This 8 yard-gain changes the situation significantly, because the Buccaneers no longer led 9 or 10 yards for a 1st down, they only need 2. Subsequently, it is time for Reid to cut his losses and let the clock run, right ??? Wrong !!! he calls ANOTHER timeout !!! Tom Brady must think that he's dreaming, with yet another moron tempting fate and daring him to put more points on the board only seconds before halftime. Brady does just that. First, he finds Rob Gronkowski for a conservative 5-yard completion to get the 1st down. Then he throws a deep pass to Mike Evans, who is tackled by the Chiefs defender 36 yards down-field for pass interference call to put the Buccaneers in easy field goal range. 3 plays later, Brady finds Antonio Brown in the end-zone, turning a relatively close 14-6 Buccaneers lead into a commanding 21-6 lead heading into halftime.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...2102070tam.htm

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 02-09-2021, 10:46 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

[QUOTE=Colts And Orioles;186579]o

3 times this season, Tom Brady's teams have been given a gift touchdown right before halftime, including in yesterday's Super Bowl.

And he took advantage of them. You can flame me if you want but winning this last Super Bowl in Tampa puts Brady in a class all his own. Games are all about winning and the asshole wins. I cannot stand the guy but I am not blind to his form of greatness.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:48 AM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post

And he took advantage of them. You can flame me if you want, but winning this last Super Bowl in Tampa puts Brady in a class all his own. Games are all about winning, and the asshole wins. I cannot stand the guy, but I am not blind to his form of greatness.

o

I'm not blind to his 10 Super Bowl appearances and 7 Super Bowl wins, either. In fact, I made it clear in my post that he successfully took advantage of each and every gaffe that was handed to him on all 3 occasions. His overall success is a combination of him being an excellent quarterback, having all-time great head coaches, and almost always being surrounded by (at a bare minimum) very good teams (sometimes great teams.) It doesn't necessarily mean that he is the greatest quarterback of all-time, any more than Terry Bradshaw's 4 Super Bowl championships and 2 Super Bowl MVP's necessarily make him a greater quarterback than the ring-less Dan Marino.

Why these moronic head coaches gift-wrapped him 3 touchdowns in crucial situation right before halftime this season, I have no clue. It almost feels like in addition to his excellence as a quarterback and his fortune of having excellent players and excellent head coaches around him, Brady has the power to periodically hypnotize opposing teams into laying out a red carpet for him. I know that it's not true (him having the power to hypnotize opponents), but it almost feels that way. In addition to the 3 examples that I pointed out, 2 of his Super Bowl wins were also largely aided by inexplicable brain-freezes by opponents. One was when Russell Wilson decided to tempt fate by throwing the ball at the 1-yardline instead of handing the ball off to the beast (Marshawn Lynch.) The other was when the Atlanta Falcons decided not to simply keep the ball on the ground, force the Patriots to use their remaining timeouts, and kick what would have been a game-sealing field goal ...... they instead decided to get cute and try to throw the ball, which resulted in them losing 22 yards on 2 consecutive plays by being sacked (a 12 yard loss) and penalized for offensive holding (a 10 yard loss), which took them out of field goal range.

Additionally, I have pointed out on numerous occasions that since I have been watching football in the early 1970's, Tom Brady is the 2nd toughest quarterback that I have ever seen play. Ben Roethlisberger is the toughest SOB that I have ever witnessed taking snaps behind the center.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (02-09-2021)
Old 02-09-2021, 04:57 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,643 Times in 952 Posts

Tom Brady still has yet to legitimately win a Super Bowl and hopefully the commissioner after Goodell will have the stones to erase him from NFL history as he rightfully should be.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Tom Brady still has yet to legitimately win a Super Bowl and hopefully the commissioner after Goodell will have the stones to erase him from NFL history as he rightfully should be.
I though I was a Brady hater, but after reading this, I realize I only have a healthy dislike for the man.
Brylok (02-12-2021), Chaka (02-10-2021), Oldcolt (02-10-2021)
Old 02-10-2021, 11:36 AM
Post whore

Quote:
o

vs. CHARGERS, 10/04: ..llllll The Chargers were having their way with the Buccaneers, holding a 24-7 lead just before halftime. The Buccaneers were out of timeouts, and there were only 55 seconds left to play in the half. The Chargers had the ball on their own 6-yardline, 1st and 10. Take 2 knees and run out the clock, right ??? Wrong. Justin Herbert channels his inner Joe Theismann, and decides to hand the ball of to his running back, Joshua Kelly. Kelly promptly fumbles, and the Buccaneers recover. 2 plays later, Tom Brady hits his receiver for a touchdown.

That sequence of events completely changed the complexion of that game. Instead of heading into the locker room with a commanding 24-7 lead, the Chargers gift-wrapped a TD for Tom Brady and company, who ride that momentum in the 2nd half en route to a 38-31 victory.

vs. PACKERS, AFC Champ: ll With no timeouts and only 8 seconds left on the clock, the Buccaneers have the ball at the Packers' 39-yardline. Anybody who has not been living on the moon knows what the Packers should do ...... rush 2 lineman, and position their remaining 9 defenders (all defensive backs) appropriately to prevent a quick sideline pass which could potentially stop the clock and give the Buccaneers a better shot at a field goal attempt, and (most importantly) have at least 3 of them positioned 5 yards in front of the goal line to prevent a touchdown. The Packers inexplicably play a standard defense, and leave corner-back Kevin King all alone with one-on-one coverage of his man (no, I'm not kidding. It was straight-up, one-on-one coverage in what was a Hail Mary situation.) Scott Miller catches the ball in the end-zone after running past King to turn a 14-10 lead into a more daunting 21-10 lead for the Buccaneers heading into the locker room.

vs. CHIEFS, Super Bowl: ll. Not to be outdone in the category of being a complete imbecile, Andy Reid wants in on the action ...... with only 1 minute left to play before halftime, his team's kicker had just booted a field goal to cut their team's deficit to 14-6. The Buccaneers only had 1 timeout, and were on the own 25 yardline. Tom Brady, not wanting to be a Justin Herbert/Joe Theismann type of fool, accepts the reality that in such a situation it is best to simply run the clock out and head into the locker. He hands the ball off to his running back, who is stopped for no gain. Reid calls a timeout. This timeout was not necessarily an awful decision, because they had 2 timeouts left, and there was at least a remote possibility that they could force a punt with 2 more stops and get the ball back with enough time to perhaps get into field goal range. But then Tom Brady calls for a conservative pass, which gains 8 yards on 2nd down. This makes it 3rd down and only 2 yards needed for a first down. This 8 yard-gain changes the situation significantly, because the Buccaneers no longer led 9 or 10 yards for a 1st down, they only need 2. Subsequently, it is time for Reid to cut his losses and let the clock run, right ??? Wrong !!! he calls ANOTHER timeout !!! Tom Brady must think that he's dreaming, with yet another moron tempting fate and daring him to put more points on the board only seconds before halftime. Brady does just that. First, he finds Rob Gronkowski for a conservative 5-yard completion to get the 1st down. Then he throws a deep pass to Mike Evans, who is tackled by the Chiefs defender 36 yards down-field for pass interference call to put the Buccaneers in easy field goal range. 3 plays later, Brady finds Antonio Brown in the end-zone, turning a relatively close 14-6 Buccaneers lead into a commanding 21-6 lead heading into halftime.

o
You forgot the refs walking the ball halfway down the field for Brady on penalties on that drive in the Super Bowl. Had that not happened, they never would've scored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I though I was a Brady hater, but after reading this, I realize I only have a healthy dislike for the man.
If Shoeless Joe Jackson is still banned from baseball and the Hall of Fame over a century after he was on a team that threw the outcome of games but did not participate in the fix, there's no way human scum like Brady who is a proven cheater twice over should still be allowed in football, let alone anywhere near Canton. He's completely destroyed the integrity of the game and the only way to get it back would be to erase him from the record books. Belichick too. Do you honestly think they stopped spying after SpyGate or deflating after DeflateGate? If you do, you're naive. The punishment wasn't harsh enough to warrant stoppage.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-10-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 09:49 PM
Historian

Quote:
o

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post

You forgot the refs walking the ball halfway down the field for Brady on penalties on that drive in the Super Bowl.

o

No, I didn't.

The subject of my post was opposing coaches and players gift-wrapping Brady crucial touchdowns, not referees.

o

The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (02-12-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 11:21 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I don't even have that anymore. That rivalry is so far in the rearview mirror now, I don't even care. I hate New England and their fans, but Brady is just a douchebag. Ten Superbowl appearances with seven wins is never going to happen again, let alone ever be broken. Turns out "The Patriot Way" was 70% Brady being great (and taking less $), 25% BB finding diamond in the rough guys who all turned into gold, and 5% actual cheating/shenanigans.
Ironshaft (02-13-2021), Oldcolt (02-12-2021)
Old 02-13-2021, 12:45 AM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
I don't even have that anymore. That rivalry is so far in the rearview mirror now, I don't even care. I hate New England and their fans, but Brady is just a douchebag. Ten Superbowl appearances with seven wins is never going to happen again, let alone ever be broken. Turns out "The Patriot Way" was 70% Brady being great (and taking less $), 25% BB finding diamond in the rough guys who all turned into gold, and 5% actual cheating/shenanigans.

I agree for the most part but lets not forget that all (most?) of his superbowl wins came on the back of strong defensive teams. I would say your 70% is too high. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (02-13-2021), Racehorse (02-13-2021)
Old 02-13-2021, 12:57 AM
Post whore

Quote:
o

No, I didn't.

The subject of my post was opposing coaches and players gift-wrapping Brady crucial touchdowns, not referees.

o
I understand that, but Reid's timeout decisions would've been irrelevant without the penalties from the refs that were questionable at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
I think you need to flip the 70 and the 5 there.