ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-31-2021, 10:40 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Justin Fields isnt worth a look? Hell, use one of the picks for Darnold
Fields will go in the top 10 first round picks, do you think a team targeting him will trade out to get 2 lower first round picks? As far as Darnold, maybe.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:51 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

My first thought when I read this was that this was the rare trade that both teams lost. Maybe Stafford will be the last piece they need, he better be. Now nobody has any idea whatsoever where Ballard will go. Are we stuck in almost good enough hell?
Old 01-31-2021, 11:00 AM

If Stafford turns out to be the missing piece, then this was a good trade for the Rams. They were saddled with a QB they had lost faith in and he had a huge contract. I imagine the negotiations going something like this. If you want us to take Goff off your hands you'll have to throw in more draft choices. Getting rid of Goff and his huge contract was paramount for the Rams.
Ironshaft (01-31-2021), Oldcolt (01-31-2021), Racehorse (01-31-2021)
Old 01-31-2021, 11:38 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
If Stafford turns out to be the missing piece, then this was a good trade for the Rams. They were saddled with a QB they had lost faith in and he had a huge contract. I imagine the negotiations going something like this. If you want us to take Goff off your hands you'll have to throw in more draft choices. Getting rid of Goff and his huge contract was paramount for the Rams.
Getting rid of their future in the process of getting rid of his contract. It's win now or else. Personally I don't think Stafford puts them over the rest of the elite teams in the league.
Old 01-31-2021, 11:56 AM

Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,217 Posts

I hate to say this but we may end up with Andy Dalton when this is all said and done.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Mr. Session (01-31-2021)
Old 01-31-2021, 12:29 PM

Thanked 1,121 Times in 624 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
NBA type trade.
Old 01-31-2021, 04:54 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Good question. One of the issues with the Ram's #1 picks are that they will be very late 1st round picks since I figure the Rams will be very serious SB contenders now. I personally wouldn't trade a #3 spot for the Rams two #1s because at that point it is a crapshoot, where as a 3 is where you can land a stud player.

My son in law is a Lion's fan, and he hates this trade because of Goff's contract. That's the biggest reason I said the Lions were stupid. The Rams were dumb as fence posts to pay that guy that ridiculous money, and the Lions bailed them out.
I disagree. If I’m not mistaken, they can get out of that contract in 2 years, years they plan on using to rebuild anyway. Goff’s contract will keep them above the salary floor for that period, then they can use that money however they want to.
Old 01-31-2021, 04:56 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I hate to say this but we may end up with Andy Dalton when this is all said and done.
You shut your whore mouth.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (02-01-2021), Mr. Session (01-31-2021), Puck (01-31-2021), Racehorse (01-31-2021), rcubed (01-31-2021)
Old 01-31-2021, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Alas, when I was looking at all the QB situations a week ago, I felt like we will end up in one of three ways:

1. Sign Dak if he makes it to free agency (he will not)

2. Trade for Darnold (prob our 3rd rounder)

3. Sign either Andy Dalton, Cam Newton or Mitch Tribiscuit.

Don't hate the red rifle; it is becoming more probably that he will be wearing a horseshoe next season.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:10 PM

Thanked 1,570 Times in 892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
Alas, when I was looking at all the QB situations a week ago, I felt like we will end up in one of three ways:

1. Sign Dak if he makes it to free agency (he will not)

2. Trade for Darnold (prob our 3rd rounder)

3. Sign either Andy Dalton, Cam Newton or Mitch Tribiscuit.

Don't hate the red rifle; it is becoming more probably that he will be wearing a horseshoe next season.
I agree that Dak won't really be available. Jerry is still Jerry.

I would be fine with Dalton, and I would worry about Trubisky, but be hopeful if Reich and Ballard grabbed him because they know 1000x more than any of us.
But I really think Darnold can be a quality starting QB for the next 10-12 years. (this may come back to haunt me, thank the gods we don't have an archivist here...), and hope we go that way.

Cam? Cam can sit on it, Potsie.