ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 08-24-2017, 08:12 AM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Well said.

It is completely American to protest the freedoms this nations has delivered to you upon the event of your birth on its soil. To paraphrase a movie line, "the symbol of your nation cannot just be the flag that it flies. It must also be the actions of one of its citizens to exercise that freedom by burning that flag in protest."

It is also completely American for others to look at your protest and then choose to deliver the deserved consequences to you for those protests.

The issue being is that Kapricorn wants to be an American in the first part (protest) but then wants to be un-American in the second part (not suffering negative consequences due to his actions).

I went to a great lecture about five years ago in which the lecturer took about 45 minutes to tell the history of the United States from a viewpoint of what today would be called a conservative Christian viewpoint.

He then turned around and took about 45 minutes to tell the history of the United States from a viewpoint of what today would be called a liberal activist.

Folks, both stories were beautiful; both touched on a lot of what makes American great. It was just fascinating to see the different events and actions that one side feels is central to the American experience while that same event or action did not even register to the other side as being of any significance.

I personally believe that his first version of history was more accurate in pointing to God which is why I am a conservative Christian but I could also see the attraction and greatness of the second viewpoint.

I personally believe that viewpoint was unrealistic and naive but I see how it could be compelling outside of a believe in the Christian God.

The point being is that both sides want to believe that they are acting towards a better America....just their version of it.

That does not excuse violence, threats, murder, property damage or any of the other things we are seeing that go along with today's protests. However, both sides have a vision of America that they are working towards.

Choose wisely.

And, yeah, agree that if we would sign Kapricorn, I would have to shoot my junk off.

Walk Worthy,
haha you said naive but weren't talking about the god part.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
haha you said naive but weren't talking about the god part.
God is angry at Kaepernick too because he is being un-american.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:51 AM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
The right to peacefully protest isn't anti American

Stop being an ignorant racist
Did I mention his race? Screw you... I could care less what color he is. If we find a Blue... black... chartreuse... green capable back up QB I really don't care.

I would argue that any spoiled, over paid no talent piece of shite that grew up privileged protesting the very flag that allowed him those privileges is a racist imbecile.

The disrespect he shows those that gave him those privileges as symbolized by that flag is the problem.

He has the right to be stupid, granted by the very flag he spits on. Teams have a right to not hire him for being an anti American cancer as well
Old 08-24-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcase448 View Post
Did I mention his race? Screw you... I could care less what color he is. If we find a Blue... black... chartreuse... green capable back up QB I really don't care.

I would argue that any spoiled, over paid no talent piece of shite that grew up privileged protesting the very flag that allowed him those privileges is a racist imbecile.

The disrespect he shows those that gave him those privileges as symbolized by that flag is the problem.

He has the right to be stupid, granted by the very flag he spits on. Teams have a right to not hire him for being an anti American cancer as well
You are one angry (and probably little) man.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:15 AM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
You are one angry (and probably little) man.
I do dislike anti American types. I'll grant you that

Me and that racist bastard George Foreman...

George Foreman Kevin Durant and Colin Kaepernick are unpatriotic

“‘I got all this money, but nobody knows me. So let me say something like Muhammad Ali, and maybe I’ll be different.’ That’s all that is,” he said, mocking a potential perspective of the athletes. “We came in the era (when) we were patriotic. The greatest day of my life was when I put on the colors, representing the United States [during the Olympics].”
Old 08-24-2017, 10:40 AM

Sorry to interrupt this riveting socio-political debate with the original point of this thread but just wanted to report that Grady and Big Joe have been discussing this rumor for the last few minutes and they commented that the Indy sports writers are now widely commenting on the rumor and some have characterized that the Colts have "discussed" this option but so far no one has characterized this rumor as something the Colts are inclined to seriously pursue. Grady's last comment was he sees this as more an indictment of how Tolzein is viewed in the organization right now vs any serious interest in the big O. I.e. he is underperforming against their expectations. As many here have said, I expect Ballard won't take on BO's crazy contract for a qb that is no better than Tolzein and may in fact be worse. I just hope this isn't an indication that Lucks shoulder isn't rebounding as they expected.

Last edited by 1965southpaw; 08-24-2017 at 10:43 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2017, 10:47 AM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
Sorry to interrupt this riveting socio-political debate with the original point of this thread but just wanted to report that Grady and Big Joe have been discussing this rumor for the last few minutes and they commented that the Indy sports writers are now widely commenting on the rumor and some have characterized that the Colts have "discussed" this option but so far no one has characterized this rumor as something the Colts are inclined to seriously pursue. Grady's last comment was he sees this as more an indictment of how Tolzein is viewed in the organization right now vs any serious interest in the big O. I.e. he is underperforming against their expectations. As many here have said, I expect Ballard won't take on BO's crazy contract for a qb that is no better than Tolzein and may in fact be worse. I just hope this isn't an indication that Lucks shoulder isn't rebounding as they expected.
Does Tolzein suck any worse than the rest of the roster broadly speaking?
TY and an handful of others are talented, a huge majority of the others aren't and I'd include the Coach and owner.
Would adding a failed, repeatedly failed, veteran like O do ANYTHING to improve the roster?
Old 08-24-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcase448 View Post
Does Tolzein suck any worse than the rest of the roster broadly speaking?
TY and an handful of others are talented, a huge majority of the others aren't and I'd include the Coach and owner.
Would adding a failed, repeatedly failed, veteran like O do ANYTHING to improve the roster?

No....it would only tie up $ that we need to sign some defensive playmakers next year. Let's face it, this is another year where our success rests largely on Lucks re-habbing right shoulder. I'm a glass half full kind of person but my expectations are pretty low for this year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Spike (08-24-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 11:31 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
[/B]

No....it would only tie up $ that we need to sign some defensive playmakers next year. Let's face it, this is another year where our success rests largely on Lucks re-habbing right shoulder. I'm a glass half full kind of person but my expectations are pretty low for this year.
That's been a Colt problem since Manning. Manning and Luck have had to be extraordinary for the Colts to be competitive. Hopefully Ballard can turn this around. Need to find a good coach too, Pagano absolutely sucks.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:00 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
God is angry at Kaepernick too because he is being un-american.
"God is an American." - David Bowie