ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-13-2017, 08:51 AM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
This team is close to contending. Yeah, they will lose badly to the top four or five teams in the league, but good coaching puts this group in the playoffs and gives us a shot at winning it all.
lmao...

no it's not

Oh wait, you were being sarcastic right?
Old 11-13-2017, 09:05 AM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedge View Post
They're both terrible, but Chud is worse.
It's like being the tallest midget
Old 11-13-2017, 10:04 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Indystu2

I didn't watch the game. I didn't miss anything.

Stu
Old 11-13-2017, 07:23 PM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indystu2 View Post
I didn't watch the game. I didn't miss anything.
awesome stu

nobody gives a shit
Old 11-13-2017, 07:42 PM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

hope you don't mind gbb but i will add a couple thoughts here. no need for two threads on this.

1) brissett is a young qb that struggles. but he was thrown into a shitty situation and he is improving. there is definitely something to work with here. can he ever be a really good starter? i don't know. but he looks like he could be the best backup in the league no problem. and those guys usually get plenty of chances to start.

2) the offensive line needs talent. that isn't up for debate. the who and what of that is debatable but we all agree we need more talent up front.

with that said, this offense gets qb's murdered. and at this point i don't think it is just a qb struggling to see the blitz. that is it at times part of it but i think it is just a fundamental issue with this coaching staff. and this isn't news to anyone here. other than i did blame Luck some and now brissett is having the same issues and both are smart kids.

there is absolutely no defense for having no answer for the blitz. we havent for years. and this is just atrocious coaching.

3) vontae davis has to go for no reason but aiken and tj green can start all day long. dumbasses can't blame grigson anymore. this is all on chucky. and it is disgusting. davis was a really good player for this team and we treat him like trash while just letting play poorly and keep starting. where is the coaching decision here chuckles?

4) dam still likes pagano. just imagine that. like that is a thing. he thinks he isn't the problem.

5) good to have you back rogers. tuck in your jersey fucker.

6) colts give up points before half and at the end of games. you can set your watch by it. it is going to happen. pagano has never learned.

7) there are probably 30 (and i am not even joking here) better safeties that are free agents than tj green. enough is enough ballard.

8) this offense is pagano. sorry but it is. pep and chud do the same thing. run up the middle, run up the middle, pass on 3rd and 8, then punt.

9) gbb made a great observation about how the defense defends mack as opposed to gore. good coaches would see this and counter punch. we have pagano and company.

10) i like desir. if vontae played that same game, fans would say he sucked.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (11-13-2017), apballin (11-14-2017), Butter (11-13-2017), Chaka (11-14-2017), GoBigBlue88 (11-14-2017), Racehorse (11-13-2017), Spike (11-13-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 09:42 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
2) the offensive line needs talent. that isn't up for debate. the who and what of that is debatable but we all agree we need more talent up front.

with that said, this offense gets qb's murdered. and at this point i don't think it is just a qb struggling to see the blitz. that is it at times part of it but i think it is just a fundamental issue with this coaching staff. and this isn't news to anyone here. other than i did blame Luck some and now brissett is having the same issues and both are smart kids.

there is absolutely no defense for having no answer for the blitz. we havent for years. and this is just atrocious coaching.
Can't remember the exact #'s but Venturi said today something like the Colts lead the league in sacks and hits given up this year--- and did last year as well. I think he said we've let Brisset get hit something like 87 times so far this year and it way out in front of the pack.

I know a lot of us would sort of blame Luck for holding the ball too long and that being a part of the driver of the high sack hit #'s. Two diff QB's--- it's a combination of the line and even moreso- the shittiest design in the history of man.

Usually you talk about a QB being a coach killer, you are right, Pagano is a QB killer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
FatDT (11-13-2017), Racehorse (11-13-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Can't remember the exact #'s but Venturi said today something like the Colts lead the league in sacks and hits given up this year--- and did last year as well. I think he said we've let Brisset get hit something like 87 times so far this year and it way out in front of the pack.

I know a lot of us would sort of blame Luck for holding the ball too long and that being a part of the driver of the high sack hit #'s. Two diff QB's--- it's a combination of the line and even moreso- the shittiest design in the history of man.

Usually you talk about a QB being a coach killer, you are right, Pagano is a QB killer.

I was listening to Venturi today as well and he called the design of this offensive passing scheme with its focus on the slow developing 5 step drop back criminal malpractice on the part of the coaching staff given talent of the oline over the past 6 years......
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Maniac (11-14-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 10:31 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Pagano almost beat a tough Steelers team with all the injuries.
What other coaches can you replace him with that will do better?

Signed,

Dam , The Clapping Wood lover.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (11-13-2017), Coltsfever (06-19-2019), Racehorse (11-14-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 10:33 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I was listening to Venturi today as well and he called the design of this offensive passing scheme with its focus on the slow developing 5 step drop back criminal malpractice on the part of the coaching staff given talent of the oline over the past 6 years......
Yeah he ripped it pretty good today. I loved the fact he just flat out said that Aiken is nowhere near as good as Rodgers and there is no reason he should be getting the time he has been and he did not understand how that could happen.

You can tell he is sort of in disbelief that Pagano and co. have been able to get away with some of these abysmal personnel decisions.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:04 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
Venturi must be reading my posts