ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-08-2019, 10:52 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts
Default things i am looking at vs chargers

1) Brissett obviously. i want to see him execute this offense. quick reads, get the ball out and be accurate. hopefully he has improved his pocket awareness. not just standing there at the same spot. i like the kid as a person, hopefully he can play better than i expect.

2) can the oline run block. really want to see well over 100 on the ground today. this will be critical, imo, to our success this year.

3) justin houston. how much does he have left? does his presence alone create a ripple effect on our dline.

4) to go along with #3, our young pass rushers. can they get after rivers? is there hope? we have invested a good amount of draft capital in this area.

5) the middle of the field. are we going to let rivers eat up yards right over the middle in front of the safeties?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (09-08-2019), Oldcolt (09-08-2019), Puck (09-08-2019), Racehorse (09-08-2019), VeveJones007 (09-08-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 11:09 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Watching how our added speed and length play out with linebackers and defensive backs. Can they cover an extra half second to help the rush
Old 09-08-2019, 11:44 AM

I want to see if Marlon Mack and Geathers can stay on the field.

I want to see if the O-line regresses a bit or builds on last season.

I want to see a Colts team with a fierce, intimidating, and successful defense.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:04 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

I want to see if we stay in the mode of being a dynamic offense geared to beating you by being more creative than you are scheming for / taking advantages of personnel / situation. Loved Luck, he had a great year, I believe a lot of that had to do with Frank / Siriani's playbook being so great.

They talk a big game about how that was just the tip of the iceberg, I do not want to see a regression. A regression there will be my get my antena up that they DO NOT really have the confidence in Jacoby that they claim they do and that will deflate my sails in terms of seasons expectations.

If we stay unpredictable / aggressive, I will be excited for what is yet to come and where we can go. If not I will start to bite my nails on the long term future.

Defensively, I want to see if we can bully people as my belief is we have transitioned to a team that once was just too damned small and had to rely on speed. My take is this team is built to bring the hammer- jump the gaps, collapse the pocket, send blitzers- let the back 7 be free to look for TO's. I have been saying since camp that to me this team is BIG- I want to see that size play a role in how we command the LOS this year. If we get pushed around by this Oline, anxiety will definitely jump up.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:38 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

6) Can Autry price to be a real difference maker at 3T?

7) What kind of pressures does Eberflus draw up against a suspect OL?

8) How much man do the Colts employ?