ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-17-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Good questions, particularly the reference regarding his injury ........ perhaps that was part of the reason for his (and the team's) demise over the final 9 games of the seasons after the promising 5-2 start over the first 7.

o
The colts point differential said they weren’t as good as the early record indicated. Teams don’t win that high a percentage of their one possession games. They certainly had some bad luck late, but they had a lot of good luck early. I think it’s a mistake to believe they were as good as their record said early. Or as bad as the late season collapse. They were a .500 team that caught a few breaks early and had a few bad breaks late.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-17-2020), Racehorse (01-17-2020)
Old 01-19-2020, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I think he still has some room for improvement and I think he can deliver a lot of games like early in the season - with good OL and WR play. The problem is that I don’t believe he can elevate those around him like a great QB can. I like the guy and am rooting for him, but it doesn’t look like he has “it”. He may be able to improve his vision and reads, I just think his ceiling is basically as a system QB. Very rarely is his play going to elevate the team to a win. That makes it hard to have consistent success, especially against good teams (playoffs).
It would be different if he decided to retire right before the season.