ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-27-2018, 12:58 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Good article from Holder. Colts are working through their plan based on scenarios of what happens from 1-5.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...aft/462245002/

Quote:
As for what the Colts think of the individual prospects, we know they see Barkley as nearly flawless. That’s in line with pretty much the rest of the NFL. Chubb is an interesting evaluation. He’s not a freakish player in the mold of Von Miller but, internally, the Colts have used Terrell Suggs as a comparison due to their similar physicality and power. And at Notre Dame’s pro day last week, Ballard said of Nelson, “You can see his natural power. He’s a big, strong man. He’s got quick feet, good agility and balance, so you saw about everything you wanted to see. You saw it on tape, too.”
Quote:
Here’s something we don’t know: Who would the Colts be inclined to pick if Barkley, Chubb and Nelson are all gone at pick No. 6?

What we learned in Orlando: The Colts have identified which prospect outside that group they most like, and they are ready and willing to pick him if this scenario plays out. We won’t speculate, but don’t rule out any position (except quarterback).
Quote:
The Colts don’t seem inclined to trade down any further unless the run on quarterbacks fails to materialize.

If two of that top-four group of quarterbacks remain on the board at No. 6, the Colts do think they might garner some attractive trade offers for their pick. But they are not actively seeking to trade the pick as of right now.

“If it’s beneficial for us, and we think we have a deal that works long term, we’ll make the deal,” Ballard said. “But (No. 6) is a good spot for us.”
Old 03-27-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
There's also a mystery player who is pretty high on the Colts' draft board. I haven't been able to identify him, but I laid out the situation in there.
-Holder
Old 03-27-2018, 01:02 PM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

Good article.

I don't know that I love anyone else at #6 outside of Chubb, Nelson and Barkley that cannot probably be gotten at #8 or #10 if there really is that non-run on QBs.

None of the top CBs, LBs or OTs scream "Top-10" pick. After the QBs and the big-3 are gone, then I keep seeing mostly offensive skill players in the next couple of slots.

We will see but I expect a QB-run and our chance at one of those "big 3" players.

Walk Worthy,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (03-27-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Good article.

I don't know that I love anyone else at #6 outside of Chubb, Nelson and Barkley that cannot probably be gotten at #8 or #10 if there really is that non-run on QBs.

None of the top CBs, LBs or OTs scream "Top-10" pick. After the QBs and the big-3 are gone, then I keep seeing mostly offensive skill players in the next couple of slots.

We will see but I expect a QB-run and our chance at one of those "big 3" players.

Walk Worthy,
I think they’ll have a choice of 2. I’m intrigued to see which they take. I just really hope it isn’t Barkley since good RBs will be available late 2nd/early 3rd (Michel, Guice, Jones, Penny)
Old 03-27-2018, 01:55 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Faster Terrell Suggs is a good comp for Chubb. A lot of his game reminds me of Suggs, but he's faster and he plays faster.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:24 PM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Faster Terrell Suggs is a good comp for Chubb. A lot of his game reminds me of Suggs, but he's faster and he plays faster.
Suggs is no slug.

If you could tell me that he has the ability to get 7 double digit sack seasons to go along with 4 8.0-9.5 sack seasons (11 season averaging over 1/2 sack a game) then I am ALL OVER Chubb.

Man, did that come out wrong!

But, seriously, I hope he is still available and is the pick.

Walk Worthy,
Old 03-27-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Suggs is no slug.

If you could tell me that he has the ability to get 7 double digit sack seasons to go along with 4 8.0-9.5 sack seasons (11 season averaging over 1/2 sack a game) then I am ALL OVER Chubb.

Walk Worthy,
I lost in fantasy playoffs last year because Suggs had something ridiculous like 9 hurries in a single game. He's a beast and has been for a very long time.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:50 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Suggs is no slug.

Walk Worthy,
Another way to look at it: the only reason Suggs fell to the 10th pick in the 2003 draft is because he had a bad combine. He would've been a likely Top 3 pick had he run a 4.65 like Chubb.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:33 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Not to get all Dam about this but I called the Suggs comparison months ago. Surprise guys I've been a scout with the Colts all this time. And I DO think he's a no-brainer at 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I like Chubb as a player. The more I watch him though I don't think he's an elite pass rush prospect like Myles Garrett, Clowney, Mario Williams, Julius Peppers, Watt, etc. He's not an athletic freak. He's a good athlete, and he is a high effort player. I will not mind taking him. Guys like Suggs, Jared Allen, Michael Bennett, Demarcus Lawrence, Cam Jordan, are some of the best defenders on the edge in recent history and were not "freaks". But I don't think he's a no brainer at #3.
Quote:
Suggs is who he reminds me of.
PS TJ Green wasn't my fault.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:21 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:

PS TJ Green wasn't my fault.
You know who would say that, the scout who sold Pagrigsono in TJ
The Following User Says Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
sherck (03-28-2018)