ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-24-2021, 02:08 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,664 Times in 2,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
The pass rush has still been hugely inconsistent, Paye looks like he is improving, but i generally have little confidence that a 4 man rush is going to create much cause for concern for most offensive lines. I will predict we barely touch Brady this weekend, happy to be proven wrong and take him out of the game early with a monster collision from Dayo, Paye and Buckner. But Brady is generally too savvy to take the big hits.
Wirfs is one of the best left tackles in the league now. I would be surprised if we get a consistent push on their line.
Old 11-24-2021, 02:47 PM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Wirfs is one of the best left tackles in the league now. I would be surprised if we get a consistent push on their line.
Not to mention that Brady is incredibly hard to sack. He’s a lot like Peyton that way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (11-24-2021), Colts And Orioles (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 03:01 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post

Not to mention the fact that Brady is incredibly hard to sack ...... he’s a lot like Peyton that way.

o

They both had/have excellent pocket-presence ...... the antithesis of Joe Flacco, who has awful pocket-presence.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 11-24-2021, 08:33 PM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

They both had/have excellent pocket-presence ...... the antithesis of Joe Flacco, who has awful pocket-presence.

o
Yeah, Brady is a different animal from the Trevor Lawrence’s or even Josh Allen’s of the world.

It’s gonna take a helluva game to beat him.

Come to think of it, Robert Mathis will be there. Let’s suit him up one more time.
Old 11-25-2021, 08:33 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post

Yeah, Brady is a different animal from the Trevor Lawrence’s or even Josh Allen’s of the world.

It’s gonna take a helluva game to beat him.

Come to think of it, Robert Mathis will be there. Let’s suit him up one more time.

o

Lawrence is a rookie who had good pocket presence in college, but has struggled in that aspect of his game in his lone season in the pros.

I'd like to see (if and how) he evolves with experience on the NFL level, and also if he gets a better team around him ...... he has essentially gone from having the best college team around him (Clemson) to the worst NFL team around him (the Jaguars.)

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 11-25-2021, 11:22 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

If you are going to win in the playoffs you need to generate a pass rush no matter who you are facing. This Sunday will be a good gauge of where this team truly is. I think we need more time but I sure hope I am wrong.

Last edited by Oldcolt; 11-25-2021 at 11:26 AM.