ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-26-2021, 01:00 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
When your line is unhealthy, neither option (run or pass) is ideal. But, it's a 17 game season, and you need a healthy running game when the weather turns cold and the playoffs begin. I don't know this off hand, but I'd be willing to bet that its isn't often that rushing leaders have won a Lombardi, especially when that rushing leader has also led the league in carries. You just get beat up and if your line is unhealthy, you get beat up even more. I want JT to be strong in game 17 and then in the playoffs too.
Of the modern era? Terrell Davis, then Emmit Smith twice.

I don’t know if you need a strong running game. Pats had a short passing game that was pretty much the same thing. I think you just need to do some aspect of the the game really well that exploits defenses and then play good defense yourself. Preferably rushing the passer because most teams pass for their big plays. We just happen to run the ball well with two homerun hitters at RB. I think a lot of teams are built to stop the pass now, do the Colts kind of play into a weakness of a lot of other teams.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
It doesn’t matter now, but yea I would’ve rather used the 3 strong and healthy running backs behind the beat up offensive line instead of the qb that couldn’t even move JT will still be strong and sharing the carries with Hines and Mack could’ve saved him too so that’s bullshit, and I’m confused are you saying we’re not winning the super bowl because JT is winning the rushing title

There's usually a correlation between winning the rushing title and number of carries. Currently, only one back has carried the ball more times than Taylor and that man (Henry) is out for the season. So at this pace, Taylor will lead all backs in carries by seasons' end. Will he be healthy and strong for the playoffs? I don't know, but I'd be happier if they didn't overuse him over the next 6 games. I wish we knew what the story is on Mack.
TheMugwump (11-26-2021)
Old 11-26-2021, 03:02 PM

Quote:
There's usually a correlation between winning the rushing title and number of carries. Currently, only one back has carried the ball more times than Taylor and that man (Henry) is out for the season. So at this pace, Taylor will lead all backs in carries by seasons' end. Will he be healthy and strong for the playoffs? I don't know, but I'd be happier if they didn't overuse him over the next 6 games. I wish we knew what the story is on Mack.
Add me to that camp as well.

My father and I had a lengthy discussion about Taylor the other night within the context of health. I pray, for this kid's sake, he doesn't suffer an injury during his contract year like Mack did. This singular aspect of the game has turned into one of the painful things to watch for me, personally.
Old 11-26-2021, 03:24 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Pretty simple to me he’s added insurance in case of a Taylor injury which you can’t cut because he’ll be the starting back for the team in the drivers seat in the division

I believe they have been playing the matchups lately every team we’ve faced lately struggled vs the run… be interesting to see what Reich does vs the Bucs I seriously doubt Taylor continues getting the amount of carries he’s gotten recently

Last edited by apballin; 11-26-2021 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-26-2021, 05:06 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Pretty simple to me he’s added insurance in case of a Taylor injury which you can’t cut because he’ll be the starting back for the team in the drivers seat in the division

I believe they have been playing the matchups lately every team we’ve faced lately struggled vs the run… be interesting to see what Reich does vs the Bucs I seriously doubt Taylor continues getting the amount of carries he’s gotten recently
I understand your reasoning but hope you are wrong. To me the Colts only hope is to become a team that can dominate opponents and not let them dictate how we play. Honestly, I do not think we have the receiver set to win consistently with the receivers being our primary weapon. We were built with the offensive line as a centerpiece. We need to use it to force our will on defenses. In that circumstance I have confidence that our receiver set can get the job done.
Old 11-26-2021, 07:37 PM

Thanked 1,570 Times in 892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I understand your reasoning but hope you are wrong. To me the Colts only hope is to become a team that can dominate opponents and not let them dictate how we play. Honestly, I do not think we have the receiver set to win consistently with the receivers being our primary weapon. We were built with the offensive line as a centerpiece. We need to use it to force our will on defenses. In that circumstance I have confidence that our receiver set can get the job done.
Speaking of the offensive line, any word on Nelson? I've seen nothing.
Old 11-26-2021, 07:41 PM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post
Speaking of the offensive line, any word on Nelson? I've seen nothing.
Savings like he's going to play (there was a Star article about it an hour ago I'm too lazy to link).

Damn he's one tough mfer.