ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-18-2021, 09:55 AM

Default Hard Knocks *Spoilers*

Thought I would share my initial thoughts after seeing the first episode of Hard Knocks featuring our beloved and flawed Colts.

-If anyone was hoping that Hard Knocks might avoid the whole Wentz/Reich Christianity narrative...well they didn't. Clearly the faith of our coach, QB, and likely others will be highlighted as a narrative for the duration of the show.

-For all of Frank Reich's shortcomings as a play caller, he does always come across as likeable and a hard worker. He stays hyper focused on football and is the furthest thing from a showman type of coach.

-The first episode spent extra time and focused on mainly Wentz and his family/home life, Leonard's family and home life, and a bit of scattered footage and snippets about other players like Kelly/Glowinski doing their baby gender reveal on the field at Lucas Oil together. Evidently, the whole team is having girls.

-Easily 70% of the show seemed to be spent with the aforementioned players families. Really preaching how football is life, family is life, and how these players intertwine both effectively.

-Some really cool shots and drone footage of games, Lucas Oil Stadium and the training complex. (There is an awesome looking golf course, or single hole, at the facility. Looks cool!)

-The best stuff, in my opinion, comes when we see the interior discussion between Ballard and his guys, and between the positional coaches in the meeting/film rooms. Seeing Ballard and the RB coach literally perform a circle jerk for 10 minutes about JT was hilarious. JT is also very reserved, humble and an overall extremely likeable player to root for. DL maybe not to much?

-I like how the plan for this show is to start it midway through the season and record the journey going forward. Each episode should highlight each weeks game going forward, with the next episode focused on the Bills week.
HBO has already come out and said that they would keep filming episodes so long as Indy keeps playing games, including playoffs.

Interested to see everyone's initial take if they watched it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MeSayDayo For This Useful Post:
Brylok (11-18-2021)
Old 11-18-2021, 12:16 PM

I'm avoiding this shit like it's 2020 and Trump is talking shit about the China virus.

I feel like ultimately I'd prefer to remain ignorant instead of becoming intimately familiar with some of these children's personalities.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
Brylok (11-18-2021), Colts And Orioles (11-18-2021), Dewey 5 (11-19-2021), JAFF (11-21-2021)
Old 11-18-2021, 01:48 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

it was fine. first episode feel good type show.

I want to see some shit in future episodes. I want to see the coaches getting up in someone's ass. I want to see players holding others accountable.
Old 11-18-2021, 03:15 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Honestly, I don't feel like paying for HBO again just to watch this. I also cannot stand religious talk/programming and I don't want to end up disliking our own players/staff (in some cases more than I already do). So it's a "pass" for me for right now. Thanks for the info though.
Old 11-18-2021, 11:17 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

It was ok, I feel like the main reason I watched hard knocks in the past is the threat of cuts and getting to know some of the players but whatever it was alright

The best part to me was maniac pulling up in the Monte Carlo “now that’s American muscle “

And shoutout to Reich telling the team before Baltimore “this team will block a kick so be ready “
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Spike (11-19-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 08:38 AM

Thanked 1,667 Times in 797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Honestly, I don't feel like paying for HBO again just to watch this. I also cannot stand religious talk/programming and I don't want to end up disliking our own players/staff (in some cases more than I already do). So it's a "pass" for me for right now. Thanks for the info though.
Yea, I have 0 interest in watching Reich and Wentz get all lovey dovey over their god fixation.
Old 11-20-2021, 12:03 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Pretty boring. I'll watch a few more episodes, and see where it goes.
Old 11-21-2021, 01:37 AM

Link here to first episode (full HD) Fuck paying for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO1drElMa6Q
NextManUp (11-21-2021)