ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-11-2021, 10:33 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,682 Times in 2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
Seems like we a constantly hearing this though. For top players, someone will always overpay. So "looking into" them doesnt mean much to me. I am happy that ballard hasnt gone wild with our cap money, but if you really want some of these guys, difference makers, you will probably need to overpay according to your binder.

We have a pretty solid core. One or two difference makers could really propel this team.
He’s not kicking tires. He’s just getting outbid. That was on a few guys though. But Reddick was like the 30th FA listed. Not exactly Miles Garret. The problem is we are not going to get a 2nd wr, dominant corner, pass rusher, And a TE out of the next draft. He will have more misses. Just a matter if you want to keep delaying or spend some money in FA to fill a couple important weak spots. Because this team goes no where if it can’t defend the pass. And they will need a 2nd wr as teams key on Pittman.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
CanuckColt (11-13-2021)
Old 11-12-2021, 01:31 AM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
He’s not kicking tires. He’s just getting outbid.
That’s my point, he gets outbid. He has a price for a given FA and doesn’t go beyond. At some point he will have to move past his price if he wants to land someone of significance.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (11-12-2021)
Old 11-12-2021, 01:35 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
That’s my point, he gets outbid. He has a price for a given FA and doesn’t go beyond. At some point he will have to move past his price if he wants to land someone of significance.
Yeah, not all the time. We’ve signed a fair amount of guys.
Old 11-12-2021, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Yeah, not all the time. We’ve signed a fair amount of guys.
Ballard has signed guys as long as he “wins” the contract negotiations. Needs to be low risk and team friendly. That method is why Autry is a Titan.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (11-12-2021), rcubed (11-12-2021)
Old 11-12-2021, 08:33 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Ballard has signed guys as long as he “wins” the contract negotiations. Needs to be low risk and team friendly. That method is why Autry is a Titan.
Which has proven to be a big mistake. But Autry didn’t want to resign here. Whether he felt slighted or he got offered more money regardless. Ballard either learns from his mistakes or he doesn’t. You guys can bitch at me all you want, I’m still going to look at prospective free agents. Do you really expect fans not to do that?
Old 11-12-2021, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Which has proven to be a big mistake. But Autry didn’t want to resign here. Whether he felt slighted or he got offered more money regardless. Ballard either learns from his mistakes or he doesn’t. You guys can bitch at me all you want, I’m still going to look at prospective free agents. Do you really expect fans not to do that?
I’m personally not bitching at you. I absolutely agree Ballard should use free agency more effectively than he has. I’ve been fairly critical of Ballard’s method. I don’t see that it has done anything other than prolong a rebuild. We’ll find out a lot about Ballard this off season as others (including the media) have started to question his BS long term dynasty plan. It just doesn’t match the reality of the modern NFL.

On Autry I don’t think it is fair to say he didn’t want to resign here. It sounds like Ballard’s mantra of resign our own is what pissed Autry off. He was effectively one of ours, someone the team would supposedly value, and Ballard wanted to low ball him. Would probably piss me off too.
Old 11-12-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Absolutely not, look and imagine what the Colts will be like when Ballard signs a player or two that you think will take them to the next level, just be prepared for a gigantic let down when the first day, than the second day of FA goes by and the only signee is a back-up long snapper because Ballard got him for a bargain, and saved a ton of cap space!!