ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-10-2021, 04:32 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Both sides probably like the one year. It’s popular around the league until the cap goes back to normal. Contracts should go back up then and there will be more spending. We can try him out and see if he fits. If we like him we may have the inside track. If he has a really good year there might be some demand for his services. Gives us another chance at filling the position through the draft.
This also gives the Colts franchise rights if he does really well. Could buy 2 years to fill the void or determine if Fisher is the guy for maybe 3-5 years.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
apballin (05-10-2021), Chromeburn (05-10-2021), Racehorse (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 05:29 PM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
This also gives the Colts franchise rights if he does really well. Could buy 2 years to fill the void or determine if Fisher is the guy for maybe 3-5 years.
I don't think that he will ever be worth the franchise tag. But they could use at as bargaining chip to a longer term deal.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:54 PM

Thanked 1,568 Times in 891 Posts

Quote:
Not 100% on compensatory picks, but if he signs with another team in 2022, Indy can get one, even if he was only here a year, right?
Old 05-10-2021, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Personally, I was hoping at this point for a 2-year deal for Charles Leno. I realize the ceiling is much higher with Fischer than Leno. However, Fisher missed a good portion of 2019 with a core injury, then this Achilles tear in January concerns me. I'm not a big fan of the huge risk with Fischer’s recovery. Our ability to protect Wentz now falls on turn-style Tevi filling in until our new 30-year-old Left Tackle who is rehabbing from one of the worst injuries an athlete can have (in terms of ability to rehab and return to form, historically) in record time and then be able to still play at a high level when he returns?

Most research I have read says it's an 11-month recovery, on average. Outliers are 9 months. For Fisher to play in September, he'd be an outlier. No one bets on outliers without acknowledging the risk they're taking. If Fisher's recovery is typical, he probably won't play until December. And if he has a setback, he might not play this season at all.

I would much rather take a chance of consistently average play starting game number one, from a healthy Leno all day over the uncertainty of Fisher's possible elite level of play. This is not my favorite FA move by Ballard. With this being a 1-year deal, I am less concerned with the $9.4M and more with his ability to actually play and do so at a high level. I am not a Ballard bootlicker as some or most here seem to be. I disagree with a lot of the things he is doing recently.

Hopefully our medical staff gets this one right?

NextManUp (05-11-2021), Oldcolt (05-10-2021), omahacolt (05-14-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 06:02 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Chromeburn. Putting an adjective such as hopefully before a statement about our defensive line being fixed alters the meaning of that statement to one of unknown but thinking it is within the realm of possibility. Never said it was fixed.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:58 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
Personally, I was hoping at this point for a 2-year deal for Charles Leno. I realize the ceiling is much higher with Fischer than Leno. However, Fisher missed a good portion of 2019 with a core injury, then this Achilles tear in January concerns me. I'm not a big fan of the huge risk with Fischer’s recovery. Our ability to protect Wentz now falls on turn-style Tevi filling in until our new 30-year-old Left Tackle who is rehabbing from one of the worst injuries an athlete can have (in terms of ability to rehab and return to form, historically) in record time and then be able to still play at a high level when he returns?

Most research I have read says it's an 11-month recovery, on average. Outliers are 9 months. For Fisher to play in September, he'd be an outlier. No one bets on outliers without acknowledging the risk they're taking. If Fisher's recovery is typical, he probably won't play until December. And if he has a setback, he might not play this season at all.

I would much rather take a chance of consistently average play starting game number one, from a healthy Leno all day over the uncertainty of Fisher's possible elite level of play. This is not my favorite FA move by Ballard. With this being a 1-year deal, I am less concerned with the $9.4M and more with his ability to actually play and do so at a high level. I am not a Ballard bootlicker as some or most here seem to be. I disagree with a lot of the things he is doing recently.

Hopefully our medical staff gets this one right?

They obviously did medicals on him, so they must feel comfortable with where he is in the rehab process. Also, everything I could find on Achilles tears said the healing time was 6 months on average, with 9 months being the high end time. I understand wanting the more certain thing in Leno, and this does have a higher risk factor, but it also has a higher reward factor, as Fisher is a better LT at his best than Leno.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
They obviously did medicals on him, so they must feel comfortable with where he is in the rehab process. Also, everything I could find on Achilles tears said the healing time was 6 months on average, with 9 months being the high end time. I understand wanting the more certain thing in Leno, and this does have a higher risk factor, but it also has a higher reward factor, as Fisher is a better LT at his best than Leno.
Believe I mentioned everything you stated ? Only difference being in time frame for recovery. As I said hope our medical staff got this one right.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:07 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Can’t wait for the schedule release let’s fucking go!!!
Old 05-10-2021, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Sooooo. we got 2 DE a QB AND a TE AND a top LT Damn. Ballard may know more than us

Just goes to show. None of us know the behind the scenes going ons.

This has been a freakin awesome off season!!!!
apballin (05-10-2021), Ironshaft (05-10-2021), Racehorse (05-11-2021), Spike (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 09:49 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Can’t wait for the schedule release let’s fucking go!!!

Where to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk