ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-04-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Gotta double down on your one year investment.
I know you're being sarcastic, but I think there's some truth to that. Ballard obviously likes Funchess and thinks he's a difference maker based upon how he rushed to sign him and paid top dollar for him, but he really never got to see him play and to find out whether his assessment was correct. If I was Ballard, I'd still want to have the guy on the team, and I'd be motivated to resign him for the exact same reasons he was motivated to sign him earlier this year - maybe even moreso, given the criticism now being expressed about the signing due to the injury.

As for those decrying the loss of Cain, nothing against him or anything but the guy has caught exactly 2 passes for the Steelers. Can we give it a bit more time before fitting him for the gold jacket? Keep in mind that even the Steelers weren't interested in him when he was first cut by the Colts and was available to every team as a free agent. Nobody claimed him. It wasn't until he was added to the practice squad that he was signed away. And I don't recall a whole lot of tears shed here when he was originally cut - just a lot of "best of luck to him, sorry it didn't work out" kind of stuff. Now the guy has a (tiny) bit of success with the Steelers and suddenly he's an example of poor roster management - I thought you wished him well? Gimme a break.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:47 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Ol' apballin only shows up when the team is struggling. Don't take him too seriously
Bullshit I’m always on here. Just because I don’t post everyday don’t mean shit. Sometimes I just read and you guys have covered all the issues or I agree with what’s said. I was one of the main people talking most off the ledge when Luck retired
Old 12-04-2019, 05:51 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,680 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I know you're being sarcastic, but I think there's some truth to that. Ballard obviously likes Funchess and thinks he's a difference maker based upon how he rushed to sign him and paid top dollar for him, but he really never got to see him play and to find out whether his assessment was correct. If I was Ballard, I'd still want to have the guy on the team, and I'd be motivated to resign him for the exact same reasons he was motivated to sign him earlier this year - maybe even moreso, given the criticism now being expressed about the signing due to the injury.

As for those decrying the loss of Cain, nothing against him or anything but the guy has caught exactly 2 passes for the Steelers. Can we give it a bit more time before fitting him for the gold jacket? Keep in mind that even the Steelers weren't interested in him when he was first cut by the Colts and was available to every team as a free agent. Nobody claimed him. It wasn't until he was added to the practice squad that he was signed away. And I don't recall a whole lot of tears shed here when he was originally cut - just a lot of "best of luck to him, sorry it didn't work out" kind of stuff. Now the guy has a (tiny) bit of success with the Steelers and suddenly he's an example of poor roster management - I thought you wished him well? Gimme a break.
Didn’t you get the memo? Cain is the greatest receiver to play the position. I think you might be mixing me up with someone else.

I don’t care about Cain, he did zero for us. I think we need to fix the QB first before it will impact the receivers. To me, this was essentially Cain’s rookie year, he belonged on the practice squad or at the end of the depth chart. He also regressed from the guy they saw in camp.

As for Funchess I would likely move on and invest in a draft pick. It’s a great WR class and there are guys with the same physical attributes as Funchess who will be younger, cheaper, and maybe have better hands. I wasn’t big on Funchess bc his hands are inconsistent and I thought we already had a big play TE with inconsistent hands.

Anyway a good QB will make the WRs better. But this HAS to be addressed in the off season. You need a passing game in this league, you can’t just run the ball all the time.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:51 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

I’m just sick of nobody holding Ballard accountable because he drafted 2 all pros it’s like he gets a pass on everything now
Old 12-04-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Didn’t you get the memo? Cain is the greatest receiver to play the position. I think you might be mixing me up with someone else.
Didn't intend to direct that part of my comment at you specifically, just those have been vocal recently about the Cain's performance with the Steelers.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:00 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
I’m just sick of nobody holding Ballard accountable because he drafted 2 all pros it’s like he gets a pass on everything now
No, you're just sick of nobody else agreeing with your opinion of Chris Ballard, so you come on here and state it over and over again. How exactly would anyone here hold him accountable anyway? Stand outside his house with signs or something? Petition Jim Irsay on Twitter? I'm sure he'd be concerned about apballin and some people from the internet wanting to hold him accountable. C'mon man...
Racehorse (12-04-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 08:10 PM

Thanked 4,291 Times in 1,756 Posts

Quote:
Coming from the dude that backed Pagano until the end.
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-04-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Sooooooo. Where should have he drafted differently?
Old 12-04-2019, 11:38 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Sooooooo. Where should have he drafted differently?
I’d take Samuel, Brown, or Metcalf over Campbell

And anybody over Rock ya-sin
Old 12-04-2019, 11:39 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
No, you're just sick of nobody else agreeing with your opinion of Chris Ballard, so you come on here and state it over and over again. How exactly would anyone here hold him accountable anyway? Stand outside his house with signs or something? Petition Jim Irsay on Twitter? I'm sure he'd be concerned about apballin and some people from the internet wanting to hold him accountable. C'mon man...
Pagano is a good coach, he got another job as I said he would when everybody here said no way in hell. Nobody on here mentions Ballards fuck ups this season, I’m talking about on here not social media bs