ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-12-2020, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
There isn't any. He goes an entire year without surgery and/or rehab. Oh yeah, he's going to come back and take another beating since he feels better.
I'm confused. You seem to be taking a crack at Hoopsdoc here by suggesting that there is no logical basis for his suggestion, but then in mocking him you point out one perfectly logical reason why Luck would come back as he theorized.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:58 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I'm confused. You seem to be taking a crack at Hoopsdoc here by suggesting that there is no logical basis for his suggestion, but then in mocking him you point out one perfectly logical reason why Luck would come back as he theorized.
He white knights Luck whenever possible. It's his thing
Old 02-12-2020, 07:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
There is none. Its a WAG. Wild Ass Guess.

Im old, so I have some experience. There are things I stopped doing because it was just too hard. I didnt have it in me, so I gave it up.

He walked away from something he loved, and no one can be great at something unless they love it. He traded it in for something else. Something more important.

Good for him. We should be happy for him.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:40 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post

If he does come back, it won’t be next season. It would be the season after ........ he's only been retired since August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post

Curious as to the logic here ??

o

If I may take the liberty of speaking for Hoopsdoc, I believe that he is implying that since Luck continued practicing with the team and did not make the decision to retire until right before the start of the 2019 season (late August), he has not physically, mentally, and emotionally had a full year off from football ...... for example, I remember when Randall Cunningham retired for one year immediately after the completion of the 1995 season, and then came back to play for the 1997 season after missing all of 1996 ...... but the difference is that Cunningham retired immediately after the 1995 season, so he subsequently was out of the game physically, mentally, and emotionally for a full year (unlike Luck, who retired at the very last minute prior to the start of the 2019 season.)

I'm not saying that I necessarily agree or disagree with Hoopsdoc's hypothesis, I'm simply explaining his logic on the matter ........ and if I am wrong in my presumption, my apologies to Hoopsdoc in advance.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 02-13-2020, 07:52 AM

Thanked 4,362 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

If I may take the liberty of speaking for Hoopsdoc, I believe that he is implying that since Luck continued practicing with the team and did not make the decision to retire until right before the start of the 2019 season (late August), he has not physically, mentally, and emotionally had a full year off from football ...... for example, I remember when Randall Cunningham retired for one year immediately after the completion of the 1995 season, and then came back to play for the 1997 season after missing all of 1996 ...... but the difference is that Cunningham retired immediately after the 1995 season, so he subsequently was out of the game physically, mentally, and emotionally for a full year (unlike Luck, who retired at the very last minute prior to the start of the 2019 season.)

I'm not saying that I necessarily agree or disagree with Hoopsdoc's hypothesis, I'm simply explaining his logic on the matter ........ and if I am wrong in my presumption, my apologies to Hoopsdoc in advance.

o
That makes sense. I was thinking that he was saying that Luck HAD to wait until then.

On a side note, I had a dream last night that we were playing the Cheats. For some reason, my sonwas watching the Steelers, and I reminded him that the Colts were playing. we turned it over, and Luck was playing and we were kicking the tar out of them. No mention prior that he was playing, he just showed up and led the butt-kicking.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:24 AM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Would anyone here trade for Andy Dalton?
Old 02-13-2020, 11:38 AM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
There isn't any. He goes an entire year without surgery and/or rehab. Oh yeah, he's going to come back and take another beating since he feels better.
I dont believe he took a beating the last year he played. We do have a pretty good Oline now. So saying he would come back to take another beating sounds silly.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:38 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I wouldn't even take him for free let alone trade for him.
dwilli57 (02-14-2020), Racehorse (02-13-2020), rcubed (02-13-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 12:08 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
god no, but I did hear talk that the Lions might be interested in shopping Stafford. He would be a far better choice than Dalton, and a decent stop-gap until the draft affords the opportunity for a desirable QB. But I would assume any trade like this would wait until after we see how the draft shakes out.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:49 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
No, I would rather go for a rookie. Or go for Drew Brees. I don’t want to settle for mediocrity. We saw what that is like this past year.