ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-03-2021, 11:36 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

That last TD run he had was phenomenal. Great day and season for the rookie who looked shaky at the beginning of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-04-2021), Racehorse (01-04-2021)
Old 01-04-2021, 10:10 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,607 Times in 934 Posts

Jonathan Taylor was just short of 1,200 rushing yards, had nearly 1,500 yards from scrimmage and 12 total TD, and best of all only fumbled once the entire season (though I think that fumble was a big factor in the loss to the Ravens). The best part of all of it, though, is that this was Jonathan Taylor's age 21 season. That should mean that far better days are ahead for him, and makes the urgency to find a franchise QB even greater.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
apballin (01-04-2021), Mr. Session (01-05-2021), njcoltfan (01-04-2021), Racehorse (01-04-2021)
Old 01-04-2021, 11:08 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
He looks like he is improving in his pass protection. In the game against those bastard Steelers, he made a damn good block to protect Rivers.

I really like how Taylor has improved so much from the start of the season to now. He is going to be special for us. Apparently he worked his ass off to get so much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
He is already an ok pass blocker. He will get better. He has the willingness to step up and blast lbers
When he makes contact he is not bad. I was mainly referring to before he makes contact. Positioning, how to move around the QB in the pocket and get to blocks. One of the sacks the other game happened bc he wasn't able to get into position and took the wrong path around the QB. That should come with experience.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:11 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Jonathan Taylor was just short of 1,200 rushing yards, had nearly 1,500 yards from scrimmage and 12 total TD, and best of all only fumbled once the entire season (though I think that fumble was a big factor in the loss to the Ravens). The best part of all of it, though, is that this was Jonathan Taylor's age 21 season. That should mean that far better days are ahead for him, and makes the urgency to find a franchise QB even greater.
That was the fumble that happened when trying for after contact yards I believe. Which was the knock on him and when most of his fumbles happened in college. Nice to see Rathman helped correct that issue. He wraps the ball as soon as he makes contact now and he is always leaning forward and getting yards after contact. Couple of first downs yesterday he drove the defender past the marker.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:15 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,134 Times in 642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Finished 3rd in the NFL in rushing
Old 01-04-2021, 01:00 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,266 Times in 2,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

If somebody had told me that Derrick Henry would gain 250 yards rushing against the Texans today, and that Jonathan Taylor would gain more yards on less carries in his game against the Jaguars, I wouldn't have believed it.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401220180

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401220187

Derrick Henry llllllllll,) 34 Rushes, 250 Yards, 7.4 YPC

Jonathan Taylor llll.., 30 Rushes, 253 Yards, 8.4 YPC

o
o

Philip Rivers is in his 15th season as a starting quarterback in the NFL, and his 17th season overall in the NFL ...... here, he weighs in on his teammate's exploits in yesterday afternoon's season finale against the Jaguars.

Philip Rivers on Jonathan Taylor’s 253: ‘Don’t Know that I’ve Been Around That’

(By Mike Chappell)

https://fox59.com/sports/philip-rive...n-around-that/

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck