ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-11-2019, 01:32 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
Yeah, if they got to the bottom of the issue then a 4 or possibly a 3 I would be fine with. We have the money and I think he would still be good over the next couple years.

From sports talk radio and some articles it sounds like ben is an issue and tomlin enables it by not doing anything. Steelers org sounds like its falling apart. Unless he is a total headcase I would guess that luck, reich, etc might keep him in line. Change of atmosphere often fixes these things as well.
Regardless of the circumstances though, he controls his response. He has chosen to be a dramatic dumbass. No one forced that. There would need to be understanding that no one in this locker room is going to push him into anything, so he needs to leave that nonsense in Pittsburgh.

I really doubt Ballard has this on his radar though.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:36 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Crazy theory alert:

I don't think Ballard is interested in Brown, but wants the rumor mill to give some misdirection for us. If other AFC teams think we are possibly going to pursue Brown, a potential rival may offer up enough to put them in A) cap hell, or B) lacking in draft capital. Then, a rival will have the lockerroom issues and we will get a WR in the draft who will be WR2, sign Bell instead, trade for Julio, etc.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:57 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
Regardless of the circumstances though, he controls his response. He has chosen to be a dramatic dumbass. No one forced that. There would need to be understanding that no one in this locker room is going to push him into anything, so he needs to leave that nonsense in Pittsburgh.

I really doubt Ballard has this on his radar though.
that is true.

I dont think ballard will go for either of them and I am fine with that.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:54 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
Honestly, I'm less concerned about Brown reports out of PIT (I think they completely coddle Big Ben who is more usually the problem) than I am the fact that Brown is 30 years old. He was surpassed this season by JuJu on pure effectiveness. He's still a damn good WR, but you're not getting prime or approaching prime with Brown; you're getting start of decline. Any financial commitment would have to acknowledge that.

I think underrated or underdeveloped players will continue to be Ballard's forte.

In the underrated department, Golden Tate intrigues the hell out of me....but he's more of a slot than a boundary WR. Colts could still use that skillset.

I think a name to watch out for is Tyrell Williams. Chargers are gonna have roughly $27M in cap space and need to pay Verrett and Perryman at the very least. Not sure how much Williams will command as he didn't put up monster numbers by any stretch, but he's 26, 6-4 and kinda has the career look of a Reggie Wayne type on the verge of breaking out.
Williams is a really intriguing name. The one thing I'm confident about is that Ballard and Reich want some bigger WRs. Williams would fit that mold.

There are also some big WRs in the draft who should be available between 25-60. Getting Williams and one of those guys could give the receivers a significant upgrade.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Williams is a really intriguing name. The one thing I'm confident about is that Ballard and Reich want some bigger WRs. Williams would fit that mold.

There are also some big WRs in the draft who should be available between 25-60. Getting Williams and one of those guys could give the receivers a significant upgrade.
Hopefully Cain makes it back and continues to improve as well.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:27 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
Hopefully Cain makes it back and continues to improve as well.
Yeah, I was trying to avoid going all Sherck, but here is goes anyway. This would be a significant upgrade at WR next year:

Hilton
Williams
Top 60 WR draft pick
Inman
Cain
Pascal (depending on injuries/ability to contribute on ST)

Williams also gives you the flexibility to get a smaller, speed WR in the draft since you have some size with Williams, Inman, and Cain.

And just cutting off the reply before it happens, this isn't to say that I expect Cain to be WR5 on the depth chart. This is just starting him out lower with the hope that he proves his health and produces to the point of moving up.

Last edited by VeveJones007; 01-11-2019 at 05:30 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
GoBigBlue88 (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 05:38 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

No thanks. 31 and acting like a diva. In a must win game to make the playoffs he sits on the sideline in a fur coat. Then leaves the freaking game. I don’t care who started it. Guy sounds awful. No way I want him on this team and no way the Steelers let him walk for a 3rd or 4th. Wr’s are going for 1st rounders. That is what they will want.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Brylok (01-11-2019), JAFF (01-11-2019), Racehorse (01-11-2019), YDFL Commish (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 05:57 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
No thanks. 31 and acting like a diva. In a must win game to make the playoffs he sits on the sideline in a fur coat. Then leaves the freaking game. I don’t care who started it. Guy sounds awful. No way I want him on this team and no way the Steelers let him walk for a 3rd or 4th. Wr’s are going for 1st rounders. That is what they will want.
They don't have the leverage to get a 1. I'd be shocked if they had enough to get more than a 4.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
EXACTLY.

You have on the Colts, TY Hilton, who has gutted out a bad ankle since before the playoffs. And he DELIEVERS. You can't bring in a guy, who's going to get a shit ton of money and has bailed on his team when the playoffs was on the line.

No. Absolutely FUCKING NOT.

Makes me crazy. Talent does not equal dependable.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:00 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

I didn't read the whole thread, but we have Cain and Fountain. Let's see what they have and not waste resources on a WR1. We need a pass-rusher or two more anyway
Racehorse (01-11-2019)