ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-29-2022, 04:41 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

To me, Rodgers is the only option that will not see Wentz starting for the Colts in 2022, and that's only if his age is a large factor in the negotiation (meaning the price is low). Watson will cost your franchise for the next 3-5 years (especially for the Colts) and he might be suspended for an extended period. Wilson will also cost your franchise for the next 3-5 years and is coming off a very uncharacteristic season at age 32, making him very high risk. That leaves free agents, and while I'd be willing to give Winston a chance, the Colts had that option and opted instead for 39 year old arm falling off Philip Rivers, which says to me that they didn't see him as a starter at that time. The question is given his body of work since, has that opinion changed, and is he enough of an improvement over Wentz to yet again invest over $50 million of the cap into the QB position to hopefully find a somewhat long term solution at the position?
Old 01-29-2022, 06:05 PM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Dam - Are there any Davis Mills types in this upcoming draft that we could target in the mid rounds?
Old 01-29-2022, 06:59 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Dam - Are there any Davis Mills types in this upcoming draft that we could target in the mid rounds?
I haven't had much of a chance to look into the 2022 class yet and I don't know if I will be able to. Mills was an interesting case though, highly talented kid who showed promise on the field but had a bad injury history.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (01-29-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 10:20 PM

Houston has been an organization that seems to make stupid moves to help them dwell in the cellar. They might be dumb enough to trade Watson to a division foe. I want him above anyone else personally. He’s the only guy out there that gives us a chance In The AFC besides Rodgers. Something tells me no way Aaron wants to be in the AFC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to bigalbert For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-30-2022)
Old 01-30-2022, 09:33 AM

Thanked 4,396 Times in 2,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalbert View Post
Houston has been an organization that seems to make stupid moves to help them dwell in the cellar. They might be dumb enough to trade Watson to a division foe. I want him above anyone else personally. He’s the only guy out there that gives us a chance In The AFC besides Rodgers. Something tells me no way Aaron wants to be in the AFC

I agree...if the legal issues are bogus.
Old 01-30-2022, 12:30 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post

To me, Rodgers is the only option that will not see Wentz starting for the Colts in 2022, and that's only if his age is a large factor in the negotiation (meaning the price is low.) Watson will cost a team's franchise for the next 3-5 years (especially for the Colts), and he might be suspended for an extended period. Wilson will also cost a team's franchise for the next 3-5 years, and is coming off a very uncharacteristic season at age 32 (making him very high risk.) That leaves free agents, and while I'd be willing to give Winston a chance, the Colts had that option and opted instead for a 39 year-old , arm-falling-off Philip Rivers, which says to me that they didn't see him as a starter at that time. The question is, given his body of work since, has that opinion changed, and is he enough of an improvement over Wentz to yet again invest over $50 million of the cap into the QB position to hopefully find a somewhat long-term solution at the position ???

o

I'm sure that Aaron Rodgers would love nothing more than to make it back to the Super Bowl for only the second time in his career with a new team, which (at least in his own mind) would fuel the argument that his lack of multiple Super Bowl appearances throughout his career was more of a reflection on the teams that he played for than of himself.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-30-2022, 01:30 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalbert View Post

They've turned down offers of 3 first round picks AFTER the allegations to a non-division foe. No way the Colts can get him for anything reasonable.
Old 01-30-2022, 07:44 PM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Well McDickface is going to Vegas. Maybe he'll dump Carr like he did Cutler, and we can benefit from his dumbassness.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-30-2022)
Old 01-30-2022, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Well McDickface is going to Vegas. Maybe he'll dump Carr like he did Cutler, and we can benefit from his dumbassness.
Allegedly... See if he shows up.
Racehorse (01-31-2022)
Old 01-30-2022, 08:23 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I agree...if the legal issues are bogus.
How many women need to make an accusation?

This thing stinks, and Watson is a train wreck. Some of those women cant be bought off.