ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-23-2022, 03:03 PM

Thanked 4,404 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
It looked like it, just giving a source, so people know its accurate
Someone shared that site on here a few years ago. It has become an invaluable source for me when discussing this stuff with ignorant people on Facebook.
Old 01-23-2022, 03:23 PM

Here are my thoughts on these free agents:
Eric Fisher LT I think he is serviceable, but never looked as good as before. If cheap, maybe sign, but there are a lot of OTs in free agency. It boils down to which ones actually hit free agency and are not tagged.
T.Y. Hilton WR I think he retires, but if he wants another year on a reasonable contract, I would pull the trigger. He was still getting open, but wentz couldn't hit him.
Mark Glowinski RG I think he will be let test the waters. I am okay with this.
Xavier Rhodes CB Might be time to move on. Injuries riddled him this year
Zach Pascal WR One of "our guys", but surely we will find a better replacement, right?
Mo Alie-Cox TE This comes down to two things; Does Dotle retire, and can we lure Ertz.
AQ Muhammad EDGE Dude has earned a new contract.
Sam Tevi LT Bye, Felicia
Isaac Rochell IDL Only if very cheap. Decent rotational piece, but not starter quality
George Odum S Sign him back already. Dude is a baller.
T.J. Carrie CB I am on the fence with him. I could take him or not.
Marlon Mack RB Let him get a contract elsewhere. He won't get snaps here, anyway
Kemoko Turay EDGE Should come fairly cheap, so why not. He can play, and should be totally healthy next year
Julie'n Davenport LT See Tevi above
Chris Reed LG Keep him here. Good team player, and can step in when needed. Those guys are hard to find
Tyquan Lewis EDGE Depends on his medical report. He was coming into his own before the injury
Andrew Sendejo S We looked different without him, so maybe sign him back
Jahleel Addae S Meh
Taylor StallworthIDL I would like to see him stay, if he is reasonable
Michael Badgley K Specs can do what he did, and is already on contract
Antwaun Woods IDL Maybe, maybe not
Ashton Dulin WR He is a ST demon, and showed flashes at WR. Bring him back
Nick Nelson CB Who?
Robert Windsor IDL Not interested
Quartney Davis WR Who?
Matt Pryor RG Like Reed, we need backups who can step in. He needs a contract
Matthew Adams LB Meh
Zaire Franklin LB yes, a new contract is in order
Skai Moore LB Meh
Ibraheim Campbell Pass

This would be approximately 12 guys returning. Add this to the 48 under contract, and we have a decent core. Free agents from other teams next
apballin (01-25-2022), Puck (01-29-2022), Spike (01-23-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 07:37 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

The colts aren’t going anywhere without a quarterback. They’re in a conference with Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, and Jackson. It’s just not feasible.

Every player on the roster should be looked at as a potential chip to be used in acquiring a good quarterback. Nothing else matters.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:15 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Resign glowinski, Reed, Turay

Let the rest of them see what they can get but I wouldn’t pay any of them

Something tells me Muhammad gets paid somewhere else or wants more than Ballard is willing to give for him

Lewis injury= can’t pay him

Odum thinks he’s better than what he is let him go we can get a safety anywhere, the Rams just signed a 40 year old off the couch. Hell sendajo was decent and he’s 40 don’t pay any safety

Go get Aaron Rodgers
Old 01-26-2022, 12:00 AM

Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Go get Aaron Rodgers
Lol, it is just that easy with the few chips the Colts have to put on the table. Besides fuck adding another anti-vax shithead to this team, we have enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
JAFF (01-26-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 11:06 AM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Way too early, but interesting... Rodgers talked about future plans on McAfee's show. Seemed like he might try to make a decision before Free Agency starts which is March 16.

He mentioned potential options and said free agency wasn't an option. At first I took that as: he'll either decide to retire or come back to the Packers not another team.

In hindsight... actually I think he's simply saying he's not going to be a free agent, not that he wouldn't consider a trade. By the end McAfee half-joked about him coming to IND. And Green Bay is pushing $41m over the cap, so guys are going to get dumped (Colts are $41m under).
Old 01-26-2022, 11:12 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Way too early, but interesting... Rodgers talked about future plans on McAfee's show. Seemed like he might try to make a decision before Free Agency starts which is March 16.

He mentioned potential options and said free agency wasn't an option. At first I took that as: he'll either decide to retire or come back to the Packers not another team.

In hindsight... actually I think he's simply saying he's not going to be a free agent, not that he wouldn't consider a trade. By the end McAfee half-joked about him coming to IND. And Green Bay is pushing $41m over the cap, so guys are going to get dumped (Colts are $41m under).
And Rodgers said “yea I’ll come to Indy…….. and make my announcement “
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-26-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 09:06 AM

Hints are that Brady retires. If so, that makes the QB market favor the QBs and not the teams in need. If Rodgers goes to Denver, that leaves Jordan Love in G. Does that mean GB has their QB, or are they also looking? What if Rodgers retires? Then we have Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson. Do they get traded? If Watson ends up in Miami, do we have a shot at Tua? Do we want Tua?

Then we have these free agents:
Jameis Winston - 28 years old.
Cam Newton - 32 years old. ...
Ryan Fitzpatrick - 39 years old. ...
Teddy Bridgewater - 29 years old. ...
Geno Smith - 31 years old. ...
Tyrod Taylor - 32 years old. ...
Marcus Mariota - 28 years old. ...
Sean Mannion - 29 years old. ...

Winston and Bridgewater have been mentioned on this board as possibilities, but I am not sure either could take us to the SB. It would be really cool if we signed Fitzmagic, and the dude finally made it to the big game and won. However, that is just a band-aid, at 39 years of age.
Lots of QB questions. Should prove to be an interesting off-season.
Old 01-29-2022, 11:16 AM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Here are my thoughts on these free agents:
Eric Fisher LT I think he is serviceable, but never looked as good as before. If cheap, maybe sign, but there are a lot of OTs in free agency. It boils down to which ones actually hit free agency and are not tagged.
T.Y. Hilton WR I think he retires, but if he wants another year on a reasonable contract, I would pull the trigger. He was still getting open, but wentz couldn't hit him.
Mark Glowinski RG I think he will be let test the waters. I am okay with this.
Xavier Rhodes CB Might be time to move on. Injuries riddled him this year
Zach Pascal WR One of "our guys", but surely we will find a better replacement, right?
Mo Alie-Cox TE This comes down to two things; Does Dotle retire, and can we lure Ertz.
AQ Muhammad EDGE Dude has earned a new contract.
Sam Tevi LT Bye, Felicia
Isaac Rochell IDL Only if very cheap. Decent rotational piece, but not starter quality
George Odum S Sign him back already. Dude is a baller.
T.J. Carrie CB I am on the fence with him. I could take him or not.
Marlon Mack RB Let him get a contract elsewhere. He won't get snaps here, anyway
Kemoko Turay EDGE Should come fairly cheap, so why not. He can play, and should be totally healthy next year
Julie'n Davenport LT See Tevi above
Chris Reed LG Keep him here. Good team player, and can step in when needed. Those guys are hard to find
Tyquan Lewis EDGE Depends on his medical report. He was coming into his own before the injury
Andrew Sendejo S We looked different without him, so maybe sign him back
Jahleel Addae S Meh
Taylor StallworthIDL I would like to see him stay, if he is reasonable
Michael Badgley K Specs can do what he did, and is already on contract
Antwaun Woods IDL Maybe, maybe not
Ashton Dulin WR He is a ST demon, and showed flashes at WR. Bring him back
Nick Nelson CB Who?
Robert Windsor IDL Not interested
Quartney Davis WR Who?
Matt Pryor RG Like Reed, we need backups who can step in. He needs a contract
Matthew Adams LB Meh
Zaire Franklin LB yes, a new contract is in order
Skai Moore LB Meh
Ibraheim Campbell Pass

This would be approximately 12 guys returning. Add this to the 48 under contract, and we have a decent core. Free agents from other teams next
I mostly agree with what you're saying. We should definitely keep Hilton (if he doesn't retire), Muhammed, Odum, Reed, Stallworth, Dulin, Pryor, and Franklin assuming the money is right on all of them.

It'd be good to keep Turay, Carrie, MAC (if Doyle retires), Sandejo and Pascal (as a number 3/4 WR with an upgrade to at least a better WR2) as well if again the money is right.

Out of principle we should cut Banogu's worthless ass. It will save us $1.3M against the cap and it's absolutely ricockulous that he'll make ~$6M for doing nothing but sit on his ass as a healthy scratch for 4 years.

Last edited by IndyNorm; 01-29-2022 at 11:24 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-29-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 11:23 AM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

The folks at ESPN went on and on earlier in the week on how the contract restructure Rodgers forced on GB during training camp gives him all kinds of flexibility to leave in the offseason. But looking at the numbers I just don't see it. He'll be ~$27M in dead cap space if they release/trade him prior to June 1st. Of course GB is $50M over the projected cap, so they're going to have to do something.