ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-06-2024, 04:42 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

This yahoo article cites "TMZ" as its source ...... and TMZ is a tabloid.

Irsay's condition (congestive heart failure) may or may not be related to an overdose, but right now we don't know anything other than his life was in danger because his heart's oxygen saturation number was 71% ...... most healthy people's level is between 95% and 100%.

This is the latest on the subject, from the IndyStar.

Colts Owner Jim Irsay's 911 Call Released

(By Evan Frank and Joel A. Erickson)

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...csp=chromepush

o
o

(ONE WEEK LATER)

He's alive, he's conscious, and he's very grateful.

Colts Owner Jim Irsay On the Mend, Grateful for Support

(By Stephen Holder)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ateful-support

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
AlwaysSunnyinIndy (02-07-2024), bigalbert (02-10-2024), ChoppedWood (02-07-2024), Dewey 5 (02-06-2024), IndyNorm (02-06-2024), Racehorse (02-06-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 10:06 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

(ONE WEEK LATER)

He's alive, he's conscious, and he's very grateful.

Colts Owner Jim Irsay On the Mend, Grateful for Support

(By Stephen Holder)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ateful-support

o
Great news
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (02-07-2024), IndyNorm (02-06-2024), Racehorse (02-07-2024)
Old 03-08-2024, 05:24 PM

Thanked 2,650 Times in 1,175 Posts

Chappell gave an update about Irsay:

https://fox59.com/sports/hospitalize...m-doing-great/

Quote:

by: Mike Chappell

Hospitalized Colts’ Jim Irsay: ‘I’m doing great’

INDIANAPOLIS – The appreciation and excitement in Jim Irsay’s voice was palpable.

In his first public comments since his health became a concern in early December, the owner of the Indianapolis Colts offered an update on his well-being and reaction to being selected by Dwight Freeney to present him for enshrinement in August for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

“I’m doing great,’’ Irsay said Friday in an interview with FOX59/CBS4. “I’ve appreciated all of the prayers and concerns.

“It’s a long road and you have to be patient. The great news is everything is going well.’’

Irsay, 64, reached out from his hospital room, where he said he’s been since undergoing recent surgery on his right leg. The procedure was deemed necessary to improve his mobility.

He revealed it was the latest in “26 surgeries over the last seven years.’’

“I’m getting out of the hospital in a couple of days, maybe by Monday,’’ Irsay said. “You just have to have patience. It’s going to take some rehab, which I’ve already been doing to get me going. Just gotta get my strength and mobility back.

“Everything else is going great.’’

Irsay’s condition has been in question since Dec. 8 when officers and paramedics responded to a 911 call and were dispatched to his Carmel residence. The police report documented “overdose’’ as the reason for their response.

Irsay attended the Colts’ Dec. 16 game against Pittsburgh at Lucas Oil Stadium, but then canceled his appearance at a Jan. 11 Jim Irsay Collection concert in Los Angeles. The team attributed his absence to a “severe respiratory illness’’ and noted he was “receiving excellent care.’’

Over the past few months, the family asked for Irsay’s privacy to be respected. He has been transparent regarding his long battle with addiction.

Irsay declined to elaborate on any specifics regarding his health, other than the leg surgery.

“There’s always speculation and rumors that come out,’’ he said. “But really, it’s been a tough process. The (leg) procedure was a hard one.

“I’m thankful and blessed with where I am.’’

Irsay is uncertain if he’ll attend the NFL owners meeting in Orlando, Fla. later this month.

“I’ll talk to my doctor and see,’’ he said. “It’s possible I might take a pass.

“As you get older, you’ve got to put your health first . . . I treasure every year.’’

General manager Chris Ballard said Irsay has been involved with the daily operations of the franchise.

“Look, at the end of the day we’re not going to do anything without his approval,’’ he said. “We still keep him in the loop.

“You know him. He wants to know. He loves this team. He’s making his way and doing well. He’s getting better.’’

About Freeney

Earlier Friday, Irsay announced on social media he was selected by Freeney to present him for induction in August into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a member of the Class of 2024.

“I’m honored and humbled,’’ he said.

Previously, Marvin Harrison and Edgerrin James chose Irsay to serve as their presenters as well.

“It shows I’ve always had their backsides and represented them,’’ he said. “A lot of it has to do with growing up with the players. They were like my brothers.

“We were such a close group. It’s just a blessing.’’

As for Freeney, Irsay insisted he’s deserving of being the latest accomplished Colt individual to be enshrined. He joins recent inductees Harrison, James, Peyton Manning, Tony Dungy and Bill Polian.

“Dwight was a unique player. Just a complete disruptor,’’ Irsay said. “I said every time the ball’s snapped it was like a bar fight brought out on his side of the line of scrimmage. He created havoc.

“We’re just really hoping Reggie (Wayne) and (Robert) Mathis are next. We know Adam Vinatieri is going to be coming in It’s really an incredible time for us.’’

About moving ahead

Irsay admitted he was excited about what the future holds for his franchise. The Colts finished 9-8 last season and nearly won the AFC South under first-year head coach Shane Steichen even though rookie quarterback Anthony Richardson suffered a season-ending shoulder injury in week 5.

“It’s the start of a great year with AR back and (Jonathan) Taylor set to go with a full mindset at training camp,’’ Irsay said. “If Chris (Ballard) can just figure out how to get Marvin Harrison Jr. here, we’ll be set.’’
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (03-09-2024), CletusPyle (03-09-2024), Colts And Orioles (03-08-2024), Dewey 5 (03-08-2024), Racehorse (03-08-2024)