ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-03-2022, 06:09 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
And if you believe Hue Jackson, it proves that what I suggested can and did happen!
You are talking about the owner of the browns right. Jim Haslam has a problem with honesty.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...j-pay-92m-fine

I can see an owner tell a coach to tank games. The problem is the coach’s career is done when he gets caught. The NFL owners arent going to tolerate being cheated by a partner
Old 04-03-2022, 07:12 PM

Thanked 2,641 Times in 1,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
You are talking about the owner of the browns right. Jim Haslam has a problem with honesty.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...j-pay-92m-fine

I can see an owner tell a coach to tank games. The problem is the coach’s career is done when he gets caught. The NFL owners arent going to tolerate being cheated by a partner
Well, I think we can all agree that tanking a season, if it happens at all would be a very rare occurrence. But if it happens it would involve very dishonest people....the comment I made about the Jaguars possibly sandbagging last season started this discussion, and for the first 13 games last season their coach was Urban Meyer. Now I don't know much about the Jags owner, but I've seen enough of Urban Meyer to believe he would be capable of carrying out such a plan!
Old 04-03-2022, 07:30 PM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Well, I think we can all agree that tanking a season, if it happens at all would be a very rare occurrence. But if it happens it would involve very dishonest people....the comment I made about the Jaguars possibly sandbagging last season started this discussion, and for the first 13 games last season their coach was Urban Meyer. Now I don't know much about the Jags owner, but I've seen enough of Urban Meyer to believe he would be capable of carrying out such a plan!
Were the Jagoffs tanking it during these games after Meyer was fired?:

Week 15 - Loss vs. Houston 30-16
Week 16 - Loss @ NYJ 26-21
Week 17 - Loss @ Cheats 50-10

No, the Colts just shit the bed like they always do in Jax.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:19 PM

Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,217 Posts

Hue Jackson was incompetent. He lost games because he sucked as a coach. Its not like it was a one year thing , it was career thing.
Old 04-04-2022, 11:54 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:

And if you believe Hue Jackson, it proves that what I suggested can and did happen !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post

Hue Jackson was incompetent. He lost games because he sucked as a coach. Its not like it was a one year thing, it was career thing.

o

If so, then that would be the ultimate sour grapes excuse ...... "Don't blame me for the team losing, my team lost games because I was trying to lose."

Again, it would be insane for Jackson (or any head coach in the NFL) to throw games intentionally at the whim of the team owner for what would essentially be pocket change in a profession in which the the lowest-paid coach makes $3 Million per year.

So there are 2 possibilities ...... Hue Jackson is either an extremely stupid person with no sense of reason/logic, or he sucked as a head coach and is making excuses for it after the fact. The latter is probably more likely.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 04-04-2022, 01:24 PM

Thanked 2,641 Times in 1,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

If so, then that would be the ultimate sour grapes excuse ...... "Don't blame me for the team losing, my team lost games because I was trying to lose."

Again, it would be insane for Jackson (or any head coach in the NFL) to throw games intentionally at the whim of the team owner for what would essentially be pocket change in a profession in which the the lowest-paid coach makes $3 Million per year.

So there are 2 possibilities ...... Hue Jackson is either an extremely stupid person with no sense of reason/logic, or he sucked as a head coach and is making excuses for it after the fact. The latter is probably more likely.

o
Or he was only hired for that one reason and would never have been hired and paid millions unless he agreed upfront to carry out his mission! You need to think more like a criminal.....