ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-28-2018, 11:13 AM

I just listened to it again....I missed it the first time. Much of the time he's hyping everyone else up (including the crowd)...but there's a moment when he's hyping himself too.....it was cute. He tells himself "go out there and earn your name maniac, dawg. You just do you". Cracked me up.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:50 AM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck View Post
Good point. I should have added how slow he looked on several plays where he didnt seem to have much effort. He hasn't come close to playing anything near to deserve where he was picked.
His injury is not one that you come back from quickly. It takes time to get back up to speed, literally and figuratively. He has to learn to trust his body again. Now, it it lingers into next year, you can make this case against him again and you won't hear a peep from me.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:54 AM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
His injury is not one that you come back from quickly. It takes time to get back up to speed, literally and figuratively. He has to learn to trust his body again. Now, it it lingers into next year, you can make this case against him again and you won't hear a peep from me.
I'm hopeful that is the case.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:41 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck View Post
Good point. I should have added how slow he looked on several plays where he didnt seem to have much effort. He hasn't come close to playing anything near to deserve where he was picked.
That would have helped. But Stampede Blue just did a break down of his game a few weeks ago and he is playing very well. There are a couple things to consider, teams are not throwing his way, means they respect him. The scheme he is playing is making him drop deep a lot, it isn't the one cover that Pagano wanted him for which put him in a better position to make plays. Finally, although guys come back quicker than ever from knee injuries, it usually takes two years for them to come all the way back and get that speed they used to have. So the issue might be a little more complicated.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,608 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
That would have helped. But Stampede Blue just did a break down of his game a few weeks ago and he is playing very well. There are a couple things to consider, teams are not throwing his way, means they respect him. The scheme he is playing is making him drop deep a lot, it isn't the one cover that Pagano wanted him for which put him in a better position to make plays. Finally, although guys come back quicker than ever from knee injuries, it usually takes two years for them to come all the way back and get that speed they used to have. So the issue might be a little more complicated.
This scheme is cover 3 heavy I thought? The FS has a very similar role in cover 1 and cover 3. In both, his job is to cover the deep middle of the field. This is why a ballhawk with good range and speed is preferable for the position, because taking away the deep middle and generating turnovers on deep throws is important to any defense. I can't say whether Hooker is performing well or poorly (need All-22 for that), but I don't think a switch from primarily cover 1 looks to primarily cover 3 looks is a good explanation for poor performance if he is performing poorly. Recovery from injury would be a better excuse.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Puck (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 01:37 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
He's very quickly becoming one of my favorite Colts ever for that exact reason.
I said in a game thread a few weeks ago that if I were a jersey-wearing person, I'd get a Leonard 53. I still would, but he hasn't reached a favorite of all time status yet...but I hope he does.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:41 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Ray Lewis was his idol. He’s who he watched growing up. He was being Interviewed by Rich Eisen and he offered to introduce him. Sounded like a kid getting a autograph.

https://youtu.be/B-dUrb7R68Y
Thank you for that. I mainly listen to podcasts: Grady and Joe, Dakich, JMV, Cowherd, Rome, PTI. It's hard to keep up with all of it and I would have missed that.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:30 AM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
It just dawned on me that Leonard leads the team in sacks, with 6.
Which is pretty sad
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
sherck (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 08:36 AM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
This scheme is cover 3 heavy I thought? The FS has a very similar role in cover 1 and cover 3. In both, his job is to cover the deep middle of the field. This is why a ballhawk with good range and speed is preferable for the position, because taking away the deep middle and generating turnovers on deep throws is important to any defense. I can't say whether Hooker is performing well or poorly (need All-22 for that), but I don't think a switch from primarily cover 1 looks to primarily cover 3 looks is a good explanation for poor performance if he is performing poorly. Recovery from injury would be a better excuse.
They mix it up. At times they are heavy in a cover 2 over the game. They mix in cover 6 and go to a single high (usually cover 3) some.

I would say we are a zone team that favors a cover 2.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (11-29-2018), Puck (11-29-2018)