ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-22-2018, 05:11 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
My biggest problem w/the Jags offense, is that they had no deigned runs for Bortles in the game plan.
I was thinking that during the game last night. Romo kept saying they were gonna run out of play action possibilities, which meant the NE defense wasn't going to bite on the run too hard, so as soon as those LBs are ready to defend the pass, that's when you let Bortles loose on a designed run. He's decently mobile, he could have got a first down at some point. Hell, 1 first down in the 4th quarter for the Jags might have made the difference in the game.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-23-2018), YDFL Commish (02-01-2018)
Old 01-23-2018, 08:54 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
Sure, but no way could they ride Bortles' arm the whole second half. Big problem was that they didn't get creative with the running game, they kept running the same plays that worked in the first half, but weren't working in the second half.
Because Belicheat adjusts at the half. I wonder if some of these other coaches even do this. You almost have to have two game plans against them. One for each half. And you need to save your best stufffor the end when it is close. So man teams go up on them, then can't maintain the momentum.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:16 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Because Belicheat adjusts at the half. I wonder if some of these other coaches even do this. You almost have to have two game plans against them. One for each half. And you need to save your best stufffor the end when it is close. So man teams go up on them, then can't maintain the momentum.
So much this, teams figure you out in the first half, so flip the script in the second. It takes a well-trained team and slid execution by the staff to pull it off, and I am sure the cheating helps.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:53 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
So much this, teams figure you out in the first half, so flip the script in the second. It takes a well-trained team and slid execution by the staff to pull it off, and I am sure the cheating helps.
...and referees
Old 01-24-2018, 06:30 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
...and referees
Saw this stat but have not verified it:

In the past 16 seasons in NFL post-season play, there have been 175 games played between 350 teams. Of those 350 team efforts, only 3 times has a team only been flagged 1 or 2 times.

All three teams? The New England Cheaters.

On the sack play early on, when Tommy Cheater tried to create time by moving around in the collapsing pocket, I counted 3 separate holding penalities none of which were called. The Jags finally got the sack but I was expecting Tommy Cheater to find an open receiver and gain 20.

On Gronk's play where he was knocked out of the game, he pushed off his defender with no call. That play should have been off-setting.

This more than the social justice stuff is going to kill the sport. Fans will not come back if they think it is pre-determined WWE crud.

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Brylok (01-24-2018), Racehorse (01-24-2018), Scotty (01-24-2018), Spike (02-02-2018), Thorgrim (01-24-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 01:24 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quotes from McD. What is this "adapting" he is talking about? Something about scheming to players strengths or some wacky philosophy...

“The biggest thing for us is adapting to what our players do and try to put them in as many successful positions as we can during the course of a game. I think sometimes the word ‘system’ is overused. The best thing for us is our foundation is broad enough that we can accommodate most players and then fit them in and figure out what we do well as a team and do it as many times as we can.”

“No play is good without good players who execute it,” McDaniels said. “We can all sit here and draw up a bunch of pretty-looking plays. The guys who win the play are the players. So, if you’re putting together some play or plan that they can’t execute, it’s a bad play or a bad plan.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ls/1085766001/
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Indiana V2 (02-02-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 02:59 PM

He probably means that if he were here at the time Pagano first arrived, he would've made use of the best pass rushing duo this town has ever seen rather than try to turn them into coverage linebackers who occasionally blitz.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colt Classic For This Useful Post:
Mr. Session (02-02-2018), Racehorse (02-01-2018), Spike (02-02-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 11:51 PM

First question he should be asked is how he feels about wood chopping?
Old 02-02-2018, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
He probably means that if he were here at the time Pagano first arrived, he would've made use of the best pass rushing duo this town has ever seen rather than try to turn them into coverage linebackers who occasionally blitz.
Watching Freeney be the sole difference in New England's win over ATL in the superbowl had to be one of the most infuriating things I have ever seen in my life.

He was in Brady's ass the entire night until the Patriots literally told their TE to just double him every play.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-02-2018), Spike (02-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 01:56 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
Watching Freeney be the sole difference in New England's win over ATL in the superbowl had to be one of the most infuriating things I have ever seen in my life.

He was in Brady's ass the entire night until the Patriots literally told their TE to just double him every play.
Yep, that pissed me off too. Pagano was nothing but a fucking idiot.

Last edited by Spike; 02-02-2018 at 01:58 AM.