ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-07-2018, 06:49 PM

Thanked 4,399 Times in 2,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Seeing as how Nelson is the single player over the past two drafts and free agent periods that could fix the Colts Oline, Ballard is either extremely lucky or a complete fucking genius to put his team in a position to draft him. I wonder if maybe Ballard fabricated the Luck recovery issue to make sure he was in a position to get Nelson? Could you imagine if Luck had played last year? They probably would not have been in a position to take a guard at 6. Then the Colts OLine would apparently never get fixed! Regardless thank god for Ballard’s foresight to get the one and true savior for the Colts line.

For the record, Nelson appears to be a hell of a player. And hopefully he anchors the line for the next decade. But the lengths you guys are going to say Ballard has had no other options are fucking ridiculous.
Maybe you are lacking in reading comprehension, because nobody said what you say that we said.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:01 PM

To re-state what my point was, we had no real choice tan to draft Nelson because we missed out on OL in free agency, so to protect Luck, we HAD to get Nelson instead of Chubb.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:56 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
To re-state what my point was, we had no real choice tan to draft Nelson because we missed out on OL in free agency, so to protect Luck, we HAD to get Nelson instead of Chubb.
No we didn’t
Old 09-07-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Maybe you are lacking in reading comprehension, because nobody said what you say that we said.
Very next post we HAD to take Nelson. 😂 piss off
Old 09-08-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
No we didn’t
If we wanted to finally address the OLine, we did.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Very next post we HAD to take Nelson. �� piss off
Taking your post and mine out of context again. Your post implied that we all think Ballard is a genius for manipulating things to get the right team record in the right year to take the best guard ever. Not even close to my argument, and I have not seen that argument anywhere. My posts in response have not even remotely stated any of that, except taking Nelson was our only option, and that was stated because we were unable to lure the top OL guys in free agency.

You are like Dam, who likes twisting the words of posters to put up a straw man to fight. It is tiring to play your games.

I should add that the meaning behind the original post I made had a lot to do with the mantra on here for the past three years which was this: Protect Luck! Fix the OLine! You're gonna get Luck killed! We can argue all day long about how to accomplish this, but my contention is that Ballard went after FA linemen and was not successful, for whatever reason, so he decided to get the biggest stud OL guy in the draft.

Last edited by Racehorse; 09-08-2018 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:36 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post

Also, he was working with Grigon's staff for the 2017 draft as well. Again, the fact that he found Hooker, Wilson, Mack, Stewart, Hairston and Walker out of that mess certainly bodes well for the future.
Mack shouldn't be included in that list just yet. He hasn't done enough so far to say that he was definitely a good pick. He may well end up being just that, but the jury is still out there.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Taking your post and mine out of context again. Your post implied that we all think Ballard is a genius for manipulating things to get the right team record in the right year to take the best guard ever. Not even close to my argument, and I have not seen that argument anywhere. My posts in response have not even remotely stated any of that, except taking Nelson was our only option, and that was stated because we were unable to lure the top OL guys in free agency.

You are like Dam, who likes twisting the words of posters to put up a straw man to fight. It is tiring to play your games.
It was sarcasm dumb ass. I was mocking your ridiculous assertion that Nelson was Ballard’s only option to fix the line. I was simply pointing out how either lucky or smart Ballard is for being in position to draft the only plausible Oline help available. The previous draft and free agency were obviously not options. But even ignoring that (as you want to do) Nelson was the only player in the draft that could have helped the line. No other player. No other guard and certainly no other tackle taken after Nelson could help the line, right?
Old 09-08-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
It was sarcasm dumb ass. I was mocking your ridiculous assertion that Nelson was Ballard’s only option to fix the line. I was simply pointing out how either lucky or smart Ballard is for being in position to draft the only plausible Oline help available. The previous draft and free agency were obviously not options. But even ignoring that (as you want to do) Nelson was the only player in the draft that could have helped the line. No other player. No other guard and certainly no other tackle taken after Nelson could help the line, right?
He was the best option left, not the only one. Sorry you are too slow to understand my point and have to resort to this BS to make your point. Ballard said that he should have addressed it in the previous draft, and would fix it this year. He went after Norwood, and got outbid. I don't remember if he went after Solder, but I was not convinced that he was worth what he got. Patriots fans have not been kind to him regarding his play. Now, some could argue that he could have taken Chubb and then taken Smith in round 2, but every expert agreed that the drop-off between the two was huge, so if Ballard had done that, the ones clamoring for protection for the QB would be back at it. Like I said, they can't have it both ways.

As to my other point, one could argue that the best way to protect Luck is to get a defense that keeps the opponents from scoring, making it easier for the QB to manage a game instead of playing hero, which Luck does so well. I could agree with this, but I feel that the easiest way to protect him is to add a piece or two on that side of the ball, because the other side would have needed five or six pieces to accomplish the goal of constructing a dominant defense.

Just to be fair, I was one of those who wanted us to draft Chubb in the first round and get a free agent answer to the OLine. Once we struck out there, I was fine with the Nelson pick, especially when moving down gave us an additional pick in the draft.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:17 AM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

Girls, girls. You are both pretty!

Can we go home now?

(Best animated movie ever not to get a sequel. )

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk