ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-20-2018, 06:07 PM
Colts And Orioles's Avatar
Colts And Orioles Colts And Orioles is online now
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brewster, NY
Posts: 2,176
Thanks: 226
Thanked 138 Times in 97 Posts
Default Teacher Body Slams Student Over a Box of Chocolates

o




Substitute Teacher is Fired after Body-Slamming a Student Over a Box of Chocolates

(By Jessica Chia)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3830530




THE VIDEO: ll https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LIq4UQBqhg


o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-20-2018, 07:12 PM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Poster Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 7,892
Thanks: 2,671
Thanked 574 Times in 351 Posts
Default

There is a vast difference between a teacher and a substitute teacher. Your title is incorrect.
__________________
Colts headed back to prominence.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-20-2018, 09:17 PM
Colts And Orioles's Avatar
Colts And Orioles Colts And Orioles is online now
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brewster, NY
Posts: 2,176
Thanks: 226
Thanked 138 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post



There is a vast difference between a teacher and a substitute teacher. Your title is incorrect.



o



I'm sorry about the oversight. However, while there is a difference between substitute teachers and permanent teachers in terms of experience and tenure, fundamentally that doesn't matter much in this particular case. The person was still a teacher that was employed and entrusted by that school district. Teachers are screened and scrutinized much more heavily these days before being allowed to be in charge of a classroom of kids than they were 40-50 years ago ........ even substitute teachers.



o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 02-21-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-21-2018, 10:03 PM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Poster Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 7,892
Thanks: 2,671
Thanked 574 Times in 351 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o



I'm sorry about the oversight. However, while there is a difference between substitute teachers and permanent teachers in terms of experience and tenure, fundamentally that doesn't matter much in this particular case. The person was still a teacher that was employed and entrusted by that school district. Teachers are screened and scrutinized much more heavily these days before being allowed to be in charge of a classroom of kids than they were 40-50 years ago ........ even substitute teachers.



o
Some school systems are so hard up for subs that they don't go through all of the protocols when hiring subs.
__________________
Colts headed back to prominence.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-21-2018, 10:35 PM
Colts And Orioles's Avatar
Colts And Orioles Colts And Orioles is online now
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brewster, NY
Posts: 2,176
Thanks: 226
Thanked 138 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post



Some school systems are so hard up for subs that they don't go through all of the protocols when hiring subs.


o



If they are that hard-up for substitute teachers, then they are probably are also hard-up for permanent teachers. And in those cases, they are almost always the poorer and severely disadvantaged school systems. School systems that are at least average or better (middle class or higher) rarely find themselves in such dire straits with their teacher and/or their substitute teacher situations which would force them to take such major risks.



o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 02-21-2018 at 10:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-22-2018, 08:08 AM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Poster Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 7,892
Thanks: 2,671
Thanked 574 Times in 351 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o



If they are that hard-up for substitute teachers, then they are probably are also hard-up for permanent teachers. And in those cases, they are almost always the poorer and severely disadvantaged school systems. School systems that are at least average or better (middle class or higher) rarely find themselves in such dire straits with their teacher and/or their substitute teacher situations which would force them to take such major risks.



o
Finding someone to work for ~$30K/year is much easier than finding someone for ~$50/day.
__________________
Colts headed back to prominence.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-22-2018, 12:46 PM
Colts And Orioles's Avatar
Colts And Orioles Colts And Orioles is online now
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brewster, NY
Posts: 2,176
Thanks: 226
Thanked 138 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post



Finding someone to work for ~$30K/year is much easier than finding someone for ~$50/day.


o



Yes. And as I just explained, that is not a problem for well-run school districts, as it is for poorer school districts that are underfunded and have overcrowded classrooms.

More significantly, that has little to do with the topic at hand. A teacher that was employed and entrusted by that school district body-slammed a student over a box of chocolates, and was immediately fired. The fact that it was a substitute teacher as opposed to a tenured teacher has no relevance to any of the parents of the kids from that school district who were horrified and outraged at what happened. They're not particularly concerned about the distinction, and I'm sure that they take no comfort in the fact that it was not a tenured teacher.



o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-22-2018, 06:59 PM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Poster Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 7,892
Thanks: 2,671
Thanked 574 Times in 351 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o



Yes. And as I just explained, that is not a problem for well-run school districts, as it is for poorer school districts that are underfunded and have overcrowded classrooms.

More significantly, that has little to do with the topic at hand. A teacher that was employed and entrusted by that school district body-slammed a student over a box of chocolates, and was immediately fired. The fact that it was a substitute teacher as opposed to a tenured teacher has no relevance to any of the parents of the kids from that school district who were horrified and outraged at what happened. They're not particularly concerned about the distinction, and I'm sure that they take no comfort in the fact that it was not a tenured teacher.



o
No, a babysitter did it, not a teacher.
__________________
Colts headed back to prominence.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-22-2018, 08:23 PM
Colts And Orioles's Avatar
Colts And Orioles Colts And Orioles is online now
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brewster, NY
Posts: 2,176
Thanks: 226
Thanked 138 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o



Yes. And as I just explained, that is not a problem for well-run school districts, as it is for poorer school districts that are underfunded and have overcrowded classrooms.

More significantly, that has little to do with the topic at hand. A teacher that was employed and entrusted by that school district body-slammed a student over a box of chocolates, and was immediately fired. The fact that it was a substitute teacher as opposed to a tenured teacher has no relevance to any of the parents of the kids from that school district who were horrified and outraged at what happened. They're not particularly concerned about the distinction, and I'm sure that they take no comfort in the fact that it was not a tenured teacher.



o


Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post



No, a babysitter did it, not a teacher.


o



Considering how obstinate you continue to be, I'm not going to bother explaining this to you anymore.

It was a teacher that did this to the kid, whether you like it or not. Nobody involved in this particular situation (the kids that witnessed it, the parents of said kids, the school system which fired him, or even the press which covered it) is making the distinction and arguing the point of it being a substitute teacher as opposed to a tenured teacher, and why that subsequently changes everything (which is what you are bent on insisting.)



o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 02-22-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-23-2018, 07:56 AM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Poster Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 7,892
Thanks: 2,671
Thanked 574 Times in 351 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o



Considering how obstinate you continue to be, I'm not going to bother explaining this to you anymore.

It was a teacher that did this to the kid, whether you like it or not. Nobody involved in this particular situation (the kids that witnessed it, the parents of said kids, the school system which fired him, or even the press which covered it) is making the distinction and arguing the point of it being a substitute teacher as opposed to a tenured teacher, and why that subsequently changes everything (which is what you are bent on insisting.)



o
Yeah, I'm being obstinate. And, yeah, you're not going to explain it again.

As for accuracy, compare your thread title to the title of the article. There is where the real story is.
__________________
Colts headed back to prominence.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.