ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-31-2017, 02:27 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,608 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Well this sucks. Another year wasting Luck under the incompetence of Clappy McWoodchopper. It really puts you in a bind as a fan too, b/c you want the team to do well but if they do then we're stuck with that worthless dipshit and his band of stooges for at least another year
Just curious, what level of team performance would it take for you to change your mind on Pagano even the slightest bit? 12-4? 13-3? Deep playoff run? I'm actually curious as to the level of bias here.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:39 AM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Just curious, what level of team performance would it take for you to change your mind on Pagano even the slightest bit? 12-4? 13-3? Deep playoff run? I'm actually curious as to the level of bias here.

Lets starts with having a game plan that doesnt involve overcoming large deficits to win a game.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:53 AM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
It has very little to do with wins and losses. Not sure why you don't get that
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Butter (01-31-2017), Dewey 5 (01-31-2017), Indiana V2 (01-31-2017), Racehorse (01-31-2017), rcubed (01-31-2017), sherck (01-31-2017), Wyatt (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 09:15 AM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Easy: Stop with the slow starts and poor time management. And no more stupid punt plays.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:18 AM

Thanked 1,195 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Hmmm...that is an interesting question.

IMO, I would want to see a couple of things in order to have my mind "eased" as to Pagano's ability as a Head Coach in the NFL.

#1 = Winning record and winning the AFC South. This is very achievable with the roster we had in 2016 and I expect that the 2017 roster will be better. If this is not achieved, then the team has not achieved.

#2 = Game starting game plans that are effective. So often, it feels like we have zero clue that the opposing team is going to do what they have been doing all season long! "What? The Titans are going to run the rock with 2 RBs? Who knew?!?" I don't feel like we attack weakness very often; we just "do what we do."

#3 = Effective halftime adjustments. See Point #2 above but, again, we don't seem to attack identified weaknesses very well. "We do what we do."

#4 = Having the team play DISCLIPLINED football. Throwing for 40 yards on a 3rd down and 1. Committing unsportsmanlike conduct penalties on opposing team failed 3rd down plays. Offside penalties. Chronic drops on 3rd down pass plays. Any delay of game penalty. Just about any pass interference penalty. Catching the ball 7 yards downfield on 3rd down and 9. Ever getting caught with too many men on the field. Having to burn a timeout because someone is not on the field for a special teams play. Those are all the result of an undisciplined team.

#5 = Pure Head Coaching decisions. Use of timeouts. Decision to go for it on 4th down. Decision to kick a FG or continue an offensive drive. Decision to play "prevent" defense. Decision to continue an attacking offense or go time eating "ball control." One point conversion or two point conversion? Those used effectively greatly enhance a team's chances of winning a game. Used poorly....

Those are the criteria that I would use when evaluating Pagano in 2017. While point #1 has quite a bit to do with player talent, NONE of the other points depend on that; they depend on a coaches ability to lead their team.

Cheers,
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (01-31-2017), Dewey 5 (01-31-2017), mluntz01 (02-02-2017), njcoltfan (01-31-2017), omahacolt (01-31-2017), OneVoice (01-31-2017), Racehorse (01-31-2017), whtwudusay (01-31-2017), Wyatt (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 10:41 AM

Thanked 1,282 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
The other 4 posts above pretty much address what Clappy McWoodchopper and his band of dipshits need to do, but to add my .02:

-Install effective game plans and get the team ready to play. This has been something Pags and staff have been incapable of for the past 4 years as ~75% of the time the team starts a game looking like they haven't stepped on a football field for a month and have no idea what to do against the opposition (who most of the time are doing what they've just been doing all year like Sherck points out). It wouldn't surprise me if he actually has the coaches and players literally out chopping wood during the week instead of watching film and practicing.

-Large reduction in bone headed penalties and plays. From stupid penalties, to missed assignments, to trying to return punts from the 1 yard line, this type of crap has absolutely plagues us the past 2 years. This shows clearly a lack of discipline on the team. Need to tighten up that belt big time.

-Improved game management. No more losing games when you take the lead with only 40 seconds remaining or losing a 2 TD lead with only 5 minutes to play to a team with Brock Osweiller as their QB b/c you're playing too soft and/or trying to run the clock out for the entire 4th quarter.

-Improved play calling. Enough with the 7 step drops all of the time and other plays that are getting Luck killed out there, and for god fucking sake figure out what to do when the other team starts blitzing.

-No more god awful fakes and trick plays. The next time this team tries anything anywhere near as stupid as the infamous fake punt then not only should Pags and anyone involved be fired, but they should also be flogged and then tarred and feathered while being sent out of town.

-Quit playing down to the competition. When we play a bad team like the Jags or the Bears we should be either blowing them out or winning comfortable. Not falling behind and either falling short in a come back or barely squeaking out a win.

If he and his staff are able to do the above then the record will take care of itself. Of course if they had done the above the past couple years then the record would have already taken care of itself and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Last edited by IndyNorm; 01-31-2017 at 11:03 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Butter (01-31-2017), sherck (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 11:59 AM

Thanked 1,195 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
The other 4 posts above pretty much address what Clappy McWoodchopper and his band of dipshits need to do, but to add my .02:

-Install effective game plans and get the team ready to play. This has been something Pags and staff have been incapable of for the past 4 years as ~75% of the time the team starts a game looking like they haven't stepped on a football field for a month and have no idea what to do against the opposition (who most of the time are doing what they've just been doing all year like Sherck points out). It wouldn't surprise me if he actually has the coaches and players literally out chopping wood during the week instead of watching film and practicing.

-Large reduction in bone headed penalties and plays. From stupid penalties, to missed assignments, to trying to return punts from the 1 yard line, this type of crap has absolutely plagues us the past 2 years. This shows clearly a lack of discipline on the team. Need to tighten up that belt big time.

-Improved game management. No more losing games when you take the lead with only 40 seconds remaining or losing a 2 TD lead with only 5 minutes to play to a team with Brock Osweiller as their QB b/c you're playing too soft and/or trying to run the clock out for the entire 4th quarter.

-Improved play calling. Enough with the 7 step drops all of the time and other plays that are getting Luck killed out there, and for god fucking sake figure out what to do when the other team starts blitzing.

-No more god awful fakes and trick plays. The next time this team tries anything anywhere near as stupid as the infamous fake punt then not only should Pags and anyone involved be fired, but they should also be flogged and then tarred and feathered while being sent out of town.

-Quit playing down to the competition. When we play a bad team like the Jags or the Bears we should be either blowing them out or winning comfortable. Not falling behind and either falling short in a come back or barely squeaking out a win.

If he and his staff are able to do the above then the record will take care of itself. Of course if they had done the above the past couple years then the record would have already taken care of itself and we wouldn't be having this conversation.
I thanked you solely for the phrase "Clappy McWoodchopper." That is an INSTANT classic!

Now, I will go read the rest of your post!

Cheers,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
coryjeb (02-02-2017), IndyNorm (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 12:14 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
I thanked you solely for the phrase "Clappy McWoodchopper." That is an INSTANT classic!

Now, I will go read the rest of your post!

Cheers,
Yep, Pagano has a new name, Clappy McWoodchopper. Love it
IndyNorm (01-31-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 09:58 AM

I really hope this motherfucker wises up and fires Pagano.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonsForehead View Post
I really hope this motherfucker wises up and fires Pagano.
We can drop f-bombs now?

Fuck yeah!