ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-26-2023, 09:28 PM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts
Default Thoughts on the Bucs.

1. Pittman is a beast. Pay the man.

2. I think Pierce gets a bum rap sometimes. He just isn’t that involved on a week to week basis. I’m sure it’s tough to stay focused.

3. They need to get Downs more involved. He’s a playmaker.

4. Until they showed Shaq Leonard in the box, I didn’t even realize he wasn’t there.

5. Defo is a beast but they miss Grover badly.

6. Overall I was disappointed in the defense, especially the run defense. Tampa is one of the worst running teams in the league and the colts gave up 125 yards. Ebukam was a really good signing.

7. Mallory is ok but he feels like a less talented version of Ogletree.

8. Moss is the best backup running back in the league.

9. JT is really really good.

10. What can you say about Minshew? He is just so frustrating to watch. He makes the routine plays interspersed with some of the most boneheaded plays you’ll ever see. He reminds me in that way of Wentz.

11. I thought this was one of Steichens worst games so far. The decision to go for it on 4th and 6 in the 3rd quarter was awful. Inexcusable really.

12. At the end of the day, the Colts are in the playoffs as of right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (11-27-2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 09:43 PM

Thanked 1,666 Times in 796 Posts

6. Overall I was disappointed in the defense, especially the run defense. Tampa is one of the worst running teams in the league and the colts gave up 125 yards. Ebukam was a really good signing.

These 2 points are really the same point. Without Grover we've really struggled with run defense, esp inside the tackles.

I just don't know what to make of our TE group. It feels like we don't ever use them. Is this scheme? Minshew just not making the reads? Or are they really ineffective? It seems like every now and then we get crucial plays from TEs, but its clearly not consistent and I don't know why.

10. What can you say about Minshew? He is just so frustrating to watch. He makes the routine plays interspersed with some of the most boneheaded plays you’ll ever see. He reminds me in that way of Wentz.

Just a little but he is so much better than Wentz.

11. I thought this was one of Steichens worst games so far. The decision to go for it on 4th and 6 in the 3rd quarter was awful. Inexcusable really.

That was a mistake but really it's my only coaching complaint of the game.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (11-26-2023), Racehorse (11-27-2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 09:56 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

How did Harrison do outside of the early INT? I didn't get a chance to watch the game closely due to travel, but was excited to see him have an impact right away.
Old 11-26-2023, 10:10 PM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post

These 2 points are really the same point. Without Grover we've really struggled with run defense, esp inside the tackles.

I just don't know what to make of our TE group. It feels like we don't ever use them. Is this scheme? Minshew just not making the reads? Or are they really ineffective? It seems like every now and then we get crucial plays from TEs, but its clearly not consistent and I don't know why.

Just a little but he is so much better than Wentz.

That was a mistake but really it's my only coaching complaint of the game.
I agree he’s way better than Wentz but his interception today reminded me a lot of Wentz’s int in overtime against Tennessee when he threw into triple coverage. Just inexcusably bad.

As for Steichen, I firmly believe that 4th down call was the sole reason that the game ended up close. They were up by 10 midway through the 3rd quarter. Tampa hadn’t really moved the ball consistently all day. Mayfield was gimpy.

There was not a single good reason for going for it there and about a hundred good reasons against it.

It was a horrible call and I still can’t figure out why he did it. It’s not like it was 4th and inches. It was 4th and 6 if I remember correctly.

You punt that ball all day every day.

The only thing I can think of as to why they went for it there is Steichen wanted to put his foot on their throats right then and there. But it’s an awful decision because, if it doesn’t work, it completely flips the momentum of the game.

Which is exactly what happened.
Old 11-26-2023, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Was at the game today. Seeing Maniac there and he was cheering us on was classy By both him and the organization for highlighting him

The out of know there was Chuck Pagano and his wife on Kiss Cam. He laughed hard when his face was shown. Again pretty cool

Oh Yea. I was also on the Jumbotron for service vets.
albany ed (11-27-2023), apballin (11-26-2023), bigalbert (11-27-2023), ChoppedWood (11-26-2023), Colts And Orioles (11-26-2023), Hoopsdoc (11-26-2023), Ironshaft (11-27-2023), Mr. Session (11-27-2023), Racehorse (11-27-2023), red raindog (11-28-2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 10:43 PM

Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I agree he’s way better than Wentz but his interception today reminded me a lot of Wentz’s int in overtime against Tennessee when he threw into triple coverage. Just inexcusably bad.

As for Steichen, I firmly believe that 4th down call was the sole reason that the game ended up close. They were up by 10 midway through the 3rd quarter. Tampa hadn’t really moved the ball consistently all day. Mayfield was gimpy.

There was not a single good reason for going for it there and about a hundred good reasons against it.

It was a horrible call and I still can’t figure out why he did it. It’s not like it was 4th and inches. It was 4th and 6 if I remember correctly.

You punt that ball all day every day.

The only thing I can think of as to why they went for it there is Steichen wanted to put his foot on their throats right then and there. But it’s an awful decision because, if it doesn’t work, it completely flips the momentum of the game.

Which is exactly what happened.
I agree, maybe with a better QB you do that kind of thing, but not Minshew, there is not enough room for Error. I was also a bit put off by the lack of running the ball in the first half, we have 2 legit RB1s, fucking use that and not have a top 30 QB throw every play, even if TB is a great run D at least pretend you are a solid running team.
Old 11-26-2023, 11:03 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,663 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I agree, maybe with a better QB you do that kind of thing, but not Minshew, there is not enough room for Error. I was also a bit put off by the lack of running the ball in the first half, we have 2 legit RB1s, fucking use that and not have a top 30 QB throw every play, even if TB is a great run D at least pretend you are a solid running team.
They are doing that because the teams are coming out in a base defense. They are daring Minshew to throw so effectively that they have to go nickle.
Old 11-26-2023, 11:10 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Was at the game today. Seeing Maniac there and he was cheering us on was classy By both him and the organization for highlighting him

The out of know there was Chuck Pagano and his wife on Kiss Cam. He laughed hard when his face was shown. Again pretty cool

Oh Yea. I was also on the Jumbotron for service vets.
Almost seems like a Vinateri situation like they told Leonard he needs to hang it up and he just doesn’t wanna let go
Old 11-26-2023, 11:25 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Almost seems like a Vinateri situation like they told Leonard he needs to hang it up and he just doesn’t wanna let go
Oh yea Adam swung the Anvil to fire the crowd upi before the game
apballin (11-27-2023), Racehorse (11-27-2023), red raindog (11-28-2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 11:56 PM

Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
They are doing that because the teams are coming out in a base defense. They are daring Minshew to throw so effectively that they have to go nickle.
Still dumb with Minshew as a QB and Moss and JT, I am not talking running every first down like Pagano, but what did we have 6 or 7 runs the first half, dumb.