ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2022, 03:17 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post

Lots of empty seats back in the early 90s, I know I was there. They actually had some good teams in the mid 90s and then when Peyton came into town pretty much a sell out. The Dome only held 57,000 and when they were crap it it was never full. Of course for the first 5 years people came because it was new and exciting, didn't matter how good they were, we had an NFL team!

Right now there is enough optimism for the future that most people (including scalpers) are not giving up their season tickets. But they are selling them to the opposing fan base at an alarming rate, and that will only get worse if they don't get this shit show back on track!

I'm just saying that with cities like San Diego, San Antonio, Portland, Austin, and even Columbus OH if this team is in the cellar of the AFC South for the next 5 years ....... they might be in trouble! The NFL also wants some teams in Europe at some point....you can only have so many franchises or the talent gets too thin !!!

o

I don't see any chance at all that the Colts would leave Indianapolis in the foreseen future for 3 reasons ......

A) ) Jim Irsay and his family ...... the last thing in the world that Big Jim and his family would want would be to give all of those narcissistic whiners who endlessly claim that the Colts were "stolen" from Baltimore any more ammunition for their complaints, and for the l "You see ??? You See ??? The Irsays did it again" l talk to complement their already nauseating demands about giving the Colts' name and franchise records back to the city of Baltimore.

B) ) Peyton Manning ...... as long as that living legend is still alive and breathing, the Colts wouldn't dare jeopardize the eternal, legendary legacy that he left behind with a move out of Indianapolis. Manning didn't just save the Colts from leaving Indianapolis in the first place, he firmly entrenched them as a mainstay and a staple in Indianapolis in the second place.

C) ) Eminent domain ...... I'm pretty sure that the city of Indianapolis would not be as head-strong and short-sighted as the city of Baltimore was in early 1984, when they essentially forced Robert Irsay's hand by threatening to literally take his team away from him within 24 hours ...... there is a good reason why Irsay snuck of town overnight in the Mayflower trucks.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-06-2022), TheMugwump (12-08-2022)