ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-24-2018, 08:19 AM
Accidental Administrator

Default Dolphins

I'd like to say this is some sort of "trap game" or some other cliche, but I would prefer to think that our discipline and our preparedness mneas there is no such thing as a trap game. The Phins have been sucking lately.

They have only put up 18 points over their last two games, their offense is ranked 28th, 21st rushing and 26th passing. They are getting Tannehill back after six games out. While I dont believe a whole lot in rust, after such a long absence it may be that some communication issues take place on their offense.

Nothing but respect for Frank Gore. If I've ever been tempted (I'm not) to say that I wish someone would be able to run against us it's this week. I'm still a little weirded out by us getting rid of him. Our defense faces the 4th all-time leading rusher who has 95 career TDs and over 15,000 yards. I think forcing gore to the outside will be key to limiting his production.

We will need to play disciplined football, their offense is backed into a corner and desperately need a win. I would imagine they will do a few wildcat snaps and perhaps some other stupid gimmicks that will keep us on our toes.

If we are able to get consistent pressure on Defense from our front 4, we can make Tannehill's return be a long afternoon.

Here's how AP is ranking us vs them:
Phins offense 28th, 21st rushing, 26th passing
Phins defense 27th, 30th vs Rush, 26th vs pass
Colts Offense 9th, 14th rushing, 10th passing
Colts defense 20th, 14th vs rush, 23 vs pass

Offensively, we need to run the ball and set up play action. Over the last 5 games, the Phins have allowed 174 rushing yards PER GAME.

If we rush for 179 yards I cant see us walking away with anything less than a blowout.

These are the Kind of games that playoff teams win. The vegas dudes have the colts and 8 point favorites.

28-10 Colts.

Tannehill throws 2 picks, Andrew Luck gets sacked twice and throws a pick. Marlon Mack gets 125 yard rushing, and Jack Doyle gets two TDs.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (11-24-2018)
Old 11-24-2018, 01:09 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Tannehill is amazing. No way we can beat him. Colts lose
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Butter (11-25-2018), VeveJones007 (11-25-2018)
Old 11-24-2018, 01:09 PM

I am very curious how how run offense performs and the pass rush this game
Old 11-24-2018, 02:06 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Colts always struggle with Phins for some weird reason, but I don't think Colts would even think to have a trap game right now. Too desperate for that.

I think the matchup is actually favorable this week considering Kelly's injury. That would worry the hell outta me against the Jags, for instance. But this game is built for a simplified OL ask and establishment of run game, which should be Boehm-friendly in theory. If Colts control TOP against this team, I think they win (not that that stat is super meaningful, just don't see Tannehill as the type to be perfect on limited drives).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
Pez (11-24-2018), VeveJones007 (11-25-2018)
Old 11-24-2018, 02:19 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

That heat and humidity is a nice home field advantage. It messes with the pats every few years. I really think any given Sunday these teams can win or lose as long as the QB is fairly decent. They will likely come after Luck bc they have nothing to lose. I think this will be more competitive than people believe. But we should pull away in the 4th.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:43 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
Colts always struggle with Phins for some weird reason, but I don't think Colts would even think to have a trap game right now. Too desperate for that.

I think the matchup is actually favorable this week considering Kelly's injury. That would worry the hell outta me against the Jags, for instance. But this game is built for a simplified OL ask and establishment of run game, which should be Boehm-friendly in theory. If Colts control TOP against this team, I think they win (not that that stat is super meaningful, just don't see Tannehill as the type to be perfect on limited drives).
Ball control has been pretty up and down for this offense so far. It might be that more possessions means more opportunities for Tannehill to turn the ball over.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
That heat and humidity is a nice home field advantage. It messes with the pats every few years. I really think any given Sunday these teams can win or lose as long as the QB is fairly decent. They will likely come after Luck bc they have nothing to lose. I think this will be more competitive than people believe. But we should pull away in the 4th.
Game is in Indy. Heat and humidity are no factor
Pez (11-24-2018), sherck (11-24-2018), TheMugwump (11-24-2018)
Old 11-24-2018, 06:40 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Game is in Indy. Heat and humidity are no factor
Yeah I would be a little more worried about the team having a letdown on the road perhaps, but at home, I think they handle the fins without much issue.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
Yeah I would be a little more worried about the team having a letdown on the road perhaps, but at home, I think they handle the fins without much issue.
Let’s hope so, Jesus.

I still feel this team can lose every single week
Old 11-24-2018, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

I hope Mack can do something tomorrow. He’s back to playing like an over rated player again. He needs to step up every game. It just 2 per yr