ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-03-2017, 06:28 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts
Default quick thoughts on another pagano lead blowout loss

1) we should definitely ban dam and apballin. ban them until pagano is fired. bring them back and then ban them again for being stupid enough to support the worst coach in the history of the colts.

2) brissett just isnt that good. there is nothing more there. he can't read the defense fast enough. he doesn't play smart ball. he is fine in a role of coming in for 2 to 4 games but that is it. there is a reason the pats gave up on him. he just simply wont work in that offense.

3) zero leadership on this team. especially on defense but as a whole there is nobody. not a single leader on this team.

4) tj green made 2 tackles. holy shit. i think i counted 3 but one wasn't really him.

5) even with brissett playing like ass, this offense just isn't constructed properly. they do nothing well. they hang their hat on the hopes of a big play. they can't do shit. and the route combos per down and distance are just baffling. especially against a pass rush like the jags

6) Good is interesting to me. the guy might be a keeper at rt. i watched him a lot today. he just has to stick with proper technique. and he fails to do that. still he had a good game today. he can play and be dominant. he is the only offensive player i give a shit about the rest of the year.

7) haeg is at best a backup swing lineman. at best

8) it is inexcusable to be this bad on d against the jags offense. pagano should not be on the sideline next week. period. enough is enough.

9) i was really impressed with mack on his pass protection. while he wasn't good he was willing and seemed to be getting better. and then today happened. after a few times of sticking his head in there he checked out. didn't want any part of it. if that happens again, you cut him. can't play in the league with that piss poor effort. i don't care how good you are.

10) rogers made a couple nice catches. i am curious what he can do in a real offense

11) AC continues to play well.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (12-03-2017), Dewey 5 (12-03-2017), DrSpaceman (12-03-2017), GoBigBlue88 (12-03-2017), Lov2fish (12-03-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 06:46 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

I agree on Rogers
sherck (12-03-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 07:00 PM

Honestly did not watch the game and was glad I missed it. I didn't even tape it to be able to watch it later. I had other plans.

Sounds like I made the right choice.

4 more weeks with Pagano. I would expect many of the players to be "checking out", if they have not already, in the next several weeks.

The lack of leadership on the D has been the problem since Pagano arrived.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:08 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Good stuff, Omaha. Just a few quick ones from me...

1. Glad you saw that from Good. I don't know if I'm sold on him at RT, but he's the only guy besides Kelly I've ever seen pancake someone on this line.

2. This is the most bored I have ever been watching the Colts, and I'm a football nerd. They're not just bad, they're boring. They have no guts. They go 3-and-out, punt, then allow a long drive. There just isn't anything to get excited about around this team, and that has to terrify Irsay and Ballard. How many plays actually interested you today? Maybe a Mack run, Hilton TD and Basham sack? Maybe 3 or 4?

3. Brissett is clearly a QB2, but if he's going to play QB1, he has to pull the damn trigger. I don't know how many times Hilton was wide open only for Brissett to take a sack. He doesn't see downfield, doesn't go through progressions quickly enough and doesn't understand what to do when he makes the decision NOT to throw. This kid is a mess, honestly. And more evidence that players backslide once this coaching staff gets a hold of them.

4. At least Kamar Aiken made me laugh today?

Last edited by GoBigBlue88; 12-03-2017 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

I believe all 4 sacks were avoidable today if he throws the ball away. It is his nature to keep the ball and try to make a play. It's not smart and he needs to get rid of it.... this is ALL ON THE COACHING. They are doing nothing to change his thought process in these situations

Glad Wilson got to play today. Made some mistakes and will hopefully get better but he was not an upgrade over the starters we had in Melvin and Disir and Hairston. Not saying that will always be the case and will improve with playing time. Nothing special right now

congrats to Frank Gore..... easily one of my favorite Colts these days
Old 12-03-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
Good stuff, Omaha. Just a few quick ones from me...

1. Glad you saw that from Good. I don't know if I'm sold on him at RT, but he's the only guy besides Kelly I've ever seen pancake someone on this line.

2. This is the most bored I have ever been watching the Colts, and I'm a football nerd. They're not just bad, they're boring. They have no guts. They go 3-and-out, punt, then allow a long drive. There just isn't anything to get excited about around this team, and that has to terrify Irsay and Ballard. How many plays actually interested you today? Maybe a Mack run, Hilton TD and Basham sack? Maybe 3 or 4?

3. Brissett is clearly a QB2, but if he's going to play QB1, he has to pull the damn trigger. I don't know how many times Hilton was wide open only for Brissett to take a sack. He doesn't see downfield, doesn't go through progressions quickly enough and doesn't understand what to do when he makes the decision NOT to throw. This kid is a mess, honestly. And more evidence that players backslide once this coaching staff gets a hold of them.

4. At least Kamar Aiken made me laugh today?
i am not sold on him yet. I think he can do the job and do it well but I need to see him do it week after week before I am sold
Old 12-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

At least Pagfuck didn't lose another lead today
Racehorse (12-03-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 08:40 PM

I would add a comment abt Quincy Wilson to this list, just the fact that he was a complete non-factor / seems to me his position on the depth chart was well-deserved, something we weren't sure abt before today.
The Following User Says Thank You to OneVoice For This Useful Post:
Puck (12-03-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneVoice View Post
I would add a comment abt Quincy Wilson to this list, just the fact that he was a complete non-factor / seems to me his position on the depth chart was well-deserved, something we weren't sure abt before today.
Being a non factor is a good thing for a cb
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (12-03-2017), Racehorse (12-03-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneVoice View Post
Yet he received praise for his play against Arizona and then between an injury and coaching idiocy he does not see the field for 11 weeks? You may be right but I'm hoping he gets a start next week to see if game speed continuity helps him pick his performance up.