ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 07-05-2020, 10:24 AM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCN#1 View Post
As some have mentioned, I am thinking now the season will go forward but with empty stadiums and pushing those TV revenues to survive. Football in EU (Soccer) seems to work OK doing this... strange for sure but games are happening and TV viewers are there.
I hear there will be a waiver option, if we have games.
apballin (07-05-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 09:02 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCN#1 View Post
As some have mentioned, I am thinking now the season will go forward but with empty stadiums and pushing those TV revenues to survive. Football in EU (Soccer) seems to work OK doing this... strange for sure but games are happening and TV viewers are there.
So what happens when they have a few practices on game week and then 10 people on the team test positive?
Old 07-06-2020, 02:24 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
So what happens when they have a few practices on game week and then 10 people on the team test positive?
Who knows, that’s one of the big questions. Play the game with replacement players? Cancel the game?
Old 07-06-2020, 03:54 PM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Rivers was reported to have asked the same question.
Maniac (07-06-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 04:09 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Who knows, that’s one of the big questions. Play the game with replacement players? Cancel the game?
With the current roster limits they won't be able to field a team. They will have to change the roster limits/rules to allow practice squad players to play or something just to even make it possible. That's not even getting into if one position group gets hit hard, which is possible since they share meeting rooms and such.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:50 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Whatever they end up doing, some team will find a way to bend the fuck out of the rules to gain an advantage...cough(pats)cough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
JAFF (07-06-2020), Racehorse (07-06-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 06:34 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,020 Posts

Quote:
With the current roster limits they won't be able to field a team. They will have to change the roster limits/rules to allow practice squad players to play or something just to even make it possible. That's not even getting into if one position group gets hit hard, which is possible since they share meeting rooms and such.
Field an offensive line made up entirely of guys off the street? Yikes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Maniac (07-07-2020), Racehorse (07-06-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 03:18 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

It's jumping off and fixing to absolutely shred us now. Y'all mofos wash your hands several times throughout the day, wear a mask in public, and isolate yourselves as best you can. Mandatory mask wearing in all public buildings goes into effect in my county at 5PM. I've already been doing that, so I'm used to it. I still need to buy a box of gloves tho (and more TP).
I'll be 45 next month. Y'all older, more stubborn mofos need to keep yourselves alive and do whatever you can to help yourself and others. We might disagree here and there, but I don't want any of you to die. Zero chance for a season. Buckle up...here we go. God help all of us.
JAFF (07-09-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 11:04 AM

Honestly, I am licking doorknobs trying to get it.

Yeah, there is a chance that I could get serious medical compilations from it or die, but I can do that at a MUCH higher risk percentage while driving to work every day. Have you seen some folks driving?

Yeah, if I get it, there is a chance that I could pass it to someone else. That is true of EVERY communicable disease on the planet. COVID is no different. We cannot completely change our lives based on a chance...and, honestly, a unbelievably small chance as long as the person you are interacting with is under the age of 75 and does not already have serious health issues.

Herd immunity hits when 93% of the population has the virus. I am just trying to do my part of helping us get there as a nation.

At 51 and with some of the "risk" factors (high blood pressure, high blood sugar), I knew that life would not be risk free.

I rate this about as dangerous of my getting skin cancer due to spending too much time outside without sun block as a teenager building tennis courts for my summer job. It might happen and it might not but I don't think the risk is higher for me dying from COVID, honestly.

And, my personal pet theory, if it were not an election year, this would have passed with about as much concern as when 85,000 Americans died during the 2018-2019 winter from the flu. No news articles. No national freak out. Just.....life. This fear mongering is primarily an effort to effect a Presidential election. If it were in a non-election year...

My personal freedoms don't end where another person's fears begin.

Last edited by Ironshaft; 07-07-2020 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:02 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I'm 67 years old. Been a doc (obstetrician) for over 40 years. Lived thru AIDs doing deliveries (very bloody) before a cure. Took it in stride. This is different. I have never seen my fellow health care workers scared. Every single doc I know who works with COVID either doesn't go home after work (hotels mostly) or strips in the garage and immediately takes a shower when they get home. Every one. They are not just scared, they are terrified, mostly for their family. It is a bad disease that we are just learning about. It apparently can have long term consequences we are just beginning to learn about. The whole world except the US and Brazil are taking it seriously. We will see if the entire scientific establishment is correct, or if the trumpists got it right. over time. If the NFL follows guidelines and does contact tracing and 14 day isolation for contacts the season seems impossible. Has anyone seen what the plan is when someone tests positive? I am glad they are trying. Don't think they will be able to pull it off. Hope I'm wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (04-20-2022), Maniac (07-07-2020)