ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 06-21-2020, 12:18 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
James has only played his rookie year, his sophmore season ended early bc of injury. Still he was able to surpass Adams int total in just his rookie year. I call Adams a thumper bc he makes his best plays near the los, not in the secondary or both. I think Sanders was a thumper, its not a negative term. He was decent in space and could break on the ball if he wanted to, although he dropped a few he should have caught, but he played best coming down to the los and was known as a big hitter like Adams is. If thats what we wanted our SS to do then I think he would be a good get, not for 20 million of course. I think they want guys that can make breaks on the ball in the air and cause turnovers in the passing game and play the run. If you want a safety that can blitz off the edge, make plays in the backfield, and knock the hell out of guys, then Adams should be your guy. Personally I would make him a will lb, I bet he would do well in this style of defense as a will.

As for Watson, I don't necessarily disagree, but the guy is 24 and I think he has a much more positive rep around the league than that.
We just disagree on what the term "thumper" means, I think. I hear that, and I think David Harris, Bart Scott, or any other number of 3-4 ILBs that were one dimensional run stoppers. For me, a "thumper" is going to struggle in coverage and not be able to do much of anything outside the box.
Old 07-25-2020, 04:39 PM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Wow. Seahawks trade two 1st round draft picks to Jets for Jamal Adams.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1287118553179729935

Quote:
The #Jets held firm on their star and planned to do so until they got a huge offer. And this is huge. Good work by GM Joe Douglas here.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1287118070729904129

Quote:
A massive haul for the #Jets: Star safety Jamal Adams goes to the #Seahawks along with a 4th rounder in 2022... in return Seattle sends . . . . a 1st rounder, a 3rd and ANOTHER 1st in 2022 to NYJ — and safety Bradley McDougald. Crazy.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (07-25-2020)
Old 07-25-2020, 05:10 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Wow, nice haul for the Jets, have to assume those will be late firsts still seems solid considering keeping him long term seemed unlikely for them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (07-27-2020), Racehorse (07-25-2020)
Old 07-25-2020, 06:51 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
Only a n elite QB or an elite pass rusher is worth 2 first round picks. Utterly stupid move on the Seahags part!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (07-27-2020), Racehorse (07-25-2020)
Old 07-25-2020, 09:12 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Wow, nice haul for the Jets, have to assume those will be late firsts still seems solid considering keeping him long term seemed unlikely for them.
Only if they draft good players to replace him. Now they have a pro bowl hole in their defense.
Old 07-26-2020, 01:10 AM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Only if they draft good players to replace him. Now they have a pro bowl hole in their defense.
There is always that anytime we talk draft picks, but it seemed unlikely they would be able to keep him long term, certainly beats an eventual 3rd round comp pick or a shit trade.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:01 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Only a n elite QB or an elite pass rusher is worth 2 first round picks. Utterly stupid move on the Seahags part!
Schneider doesn't have a good first round track record, and Adams is probably better than what would've been available at those picks. I like this trade for both sides, but I like it better for Seattle for leveraging their strengths and weaknesses to try to maximize their competitive window.

Quote:
Given their position, this is just about the best outcome I can imagine for the Jets. Unless Darnold drastically improves, this will lead to higher draft position for the Jets with their own pick (which gives them the potential to access players of Adams's caliber) and give them 2 of the top roughly 25 players from each of the next two draft classes. Putting together a lot of high end cost controlled talent is a good formula for success in a cap driven system.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:15 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

In a normal year I think Seattle gave up to much. I'm not sure about this year. The draft is going to be much more of a crap shoot as there is zero chance that there is a full college football schedule this year. It is hard to truly value draft picks in a year like this.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:57 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

I've only just seen this news, as I've written off the NFL playing this year, but two 1sts, a 3rd, a 4th, and a player is a ridiculous amount to pay for Adams. Dude is really good, but he isn't worth all that. I'd be furious if the Colts had done that deal. As others have said, good on the Jets for getting that ridiculous bounty. They'll screw it up, but still...
Racehorse (07-27-2020)
Old 07-27-2020, 07:44 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
The Jets could have five first round draft picks in next years draft and probably still screw it up
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (07-27-2020)