ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-25-2017, 12:09 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcase448 View Post
When good players around you step it up for the playoffs, you can do that.

Manning overcame that with a handful of talent surrounding him versus a deeper team no doubt.

Luck is not Manning.
Flacco had one hell of a run that postseason. Saying it was players stepping up around him serves him short.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
apballin (08-25-2017), Coltsalr (08-25-2017), Pez (08-25-2017), Spike (08-25-2017), YDFL Commish (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 12:52 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
How many teams with lousy QB's win Super Bowls? The hardest thing to find is a franchise QB, the rest of the team is up to management and that is where the Colts have failed.
Joe Namath & Jets, Terry Bradshaw & Steelers
Old 08-25-2017, 01:02 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
I get rebuilding, don't you? Or the Colts management team for that matter.
It should have been started by trading the rights to luck.

STARTING a rebuild with a QB doesn't work. Especially withe the Colts management/ownership. All it gets you is a wasted career as we are witnessing here.

The Cowboys will likely win the NFC? They rebuilt their o-line, THEN drafted a QB. Did you see what that line did to our d? Now we are trying to rebuild our o-line and Luck has spent time on IR and is injured even now.He has been battered like Rice's wife and running for his life every game of his career.
Hmm... No one has ever accused me of being a great football mind, but the Cowboys were pretty sold on Romo at the time they started investing in their O-Line. It's also not clear that Prescott would not still be a backup if Romo had not went down in the preseason.

Also, I think it's a stretch that the Cowboys (or any team) would pass up an opportunity like Andrew Luck because they were focusing on their offensive line. That's like electing to kick after an OT coin toss, or pags faking a punt against the Patriots.

I think others have said it in this thread, but the issue is that Grigson, Irsay and Pags didnt focus on the foundations they need to build around a talented QB in order to be successful.

I wonder how much Andrew Luck cares for Ryan Grigson, considering the indirect damage he's doing to his career. Or Pagano for his power run load of bullshit.

I guess under your logic we should shop Andrew Luck now, develop our line and then take a chance on a QB in the 2020 draft?

Also, the cowboys were one and done last year against the Packers. I'm not sure I would crown them NFC champions yet (they are who we thought they were).

Last edited by Pez; 08-25-2017 at 01:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 01:40 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:

STARTING a rebuild with a QB doesn't work. Especially withe the Colts management/ownership. All it gets you is a wasted career as we are witnessing here.

The Cowboys will likely win the NFC? They rebuilt their o-line, THEN drafted a QB. Did you see what that line did to our d? Now we are trying to rebuild our o-line and Luck has spent time on IR and is injured even now.He has been battered like Rice's wife and running for his life every game of his career.
Yeah, I'm not interested in being a team in need of a franchise QB. How's that working out for Houston, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Miami, the Bears, etc? The only things being wasted here are your posts. Well, maybe Irsay...
Old 08-25-2017, 03:33 PM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post

I guess under your logic we should shop Andrew Luck now, develop our line and then take a chance on a QB in the 2020 draft?

Also, the cowboys were one and done last year against the Packers. I'm not sure I would crown them NFC champions yet (they are who we thought they were).
Too late, damaged goods...

And we were none and done
Old 08-25-2017, 03:34 PM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Yeah, I'm not interested in being a team in need of a franchise QB. How's that working out for Houston, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Miami, the Bears, etc? The only things being wasted here are your posts. Well, maybe Irsay...
Wasted on imbeciles I agree lol
Old 08-25-2017, 07:09 PM

Thanked 4,292 Times in 1,757 Posts

Quote:

You are a dumb person.

You never pass up on the qb of you need one
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Brylok (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 09:09 PM

Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
You are a dumb person.

You never pass up on the qb of you need one
I'm beginning to think troll.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Brylok (08-25-2017), Butter (08-25-2017), DrSpaceman (08-26-2017), Maniac (08-27-2017), Racehorse (08-25-2017), VeveJones007 (08-25-2017)
Old 08-26-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Caldwell has had success elsewhere and Pagano has 0 losing seasons, 3 playoff appearances, 2 division titles, and 52 career wins in 5 seasons, so I'm not so sure I buy your "3/4 times" argument.
You honestly think Pagano and Caldwell are good coaches that will ever have huge success again in the playoffs in this league?

Lions completely collapsed down the stretch last year and all of Caldwells playoff wins as a head coach came in his first season as the Colts coach.

The same season I might add that he ruined a potential 16-0 season for the Colts, a BRILLIANT coaching move, and was outcoached in the SB.

Pagano should have been fired two seasons ago. No real colts fan can deny that he has added nothing to this teams success the last few seasons. They are continuously outcoached and unprepared, fall behind early by double digits way too often
Old 08-26-2017, 09:38 AM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Caldwell has had success elsewhere and Pagano has 0 losing seasons, 3 playoff appearances, 2 division titles, and 52 career wins in 5 seasons, so I'm not so sure I buy your "3/4 times" argument.
Caldwell probably got the shaft a bit since '11 really wasn't his fault, but as others have pointed out most of his success was the '09 season with the Colts where the team was pretty much a carryover from Dungy's teams.

Also, Caldwell's baffling decisions to call timeouts at the end of games which allowed the other teams to run another play and get into FG range or better FG range were inexcusable. His timeout call at the end of the Jets game is the only play that rivals Clappy's fake punt in terms of stupidity on the Colts sidelines that I've seen.

Now on to Clappy McWoodchopper. For starters he has 43 wins not 52 since 9 of those are Arians', and his record is pure fool's gold since we play in the AFC South which with the exception of Houston in '12 was (and still should be) 6 easy wins a year.

His playoff wins are also fool's gold. KC had half of their D get hurt in the 2nd half which allowed Luck and Hilton (along with Mathis) to bail the team out as they had (big surprise) showed up completely unprepared for the game. In the '14 playoffs the Bungles were down to their #5 WR and a FB as receivers and Manning had a torn quad and couldn't throw the ball past 10 yards. Of course when we played a good and mostly healthy team the following week we were completely embarrassed.

Anyway, why most Colts fans want Clappy gone doesn't have much to do with his record and much more to do with the following:

-~75% of the time the team starts games deer in the head lights and look like they just rolled out of bed after a late night and had no idea they were supposed to be playing football that day. This clearly shows Clappy and his staff are unable to put together effective game plans and get the team ready to play.

-Way too many embarrassing blowout losses. This is more Grigs' fault but the coaching staff's inability to effective game plan certainly plays a factor in this.

-Clear lack of fundamentals on the team and little or no accountability held for players doing stupid shit on the field. For example: Chester Rogers is still fielding punts inside his own 10. Why the hell has that not been corrected yet?
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (08-27-2017)