ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Ballard gets judged on if a player works out or not. That’s just how it goes. Regardless of if ballard had anything to do about it
In the court of public opinion, that’s absolutely true. However, if we are trying to fairly evaluate his real-world performance, it’s irrelevant unless it can be tied to something Ballard knew or should have known at the time Campbell was drafted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Should have drafted Metcalf, he was there for the taking. As I write that he catches a TD pass and shrugs off Gilmore’s tackle like he’s a scrub.
And to address Chromeburn’s comment, yes, in retrospect of course it would have been nice to draft Metcalf instead. At the time, I believe Metcalf was considered pretty raw and potentially too muscle-bound to be as flexible as a WR needs to be, but obviously that appears to be wrong. That one is on Ballard and every other GM who didn’t pick him I guess. I will say that when healthy, Campbell has been every bit the explosive receiver that was projected when he was drafted, so it’s not like we took a talentless player instead. Just a different type of receiver, and one who unfortunately appears to be more injury prone than advertised.