ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-09-2019, 05:54 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
brissett did well and I am not bagging on him, but I am not sure he will ever be terrifying.
I don't know, don't know....

I don't know any more about him than the next guy obviously. What I do think though is that he is a guy people are going to look to as a leader and if he can build confidence to the level that guys on this squad start thinking "ya know what, we don't need Luck to do this, he's pretty F'ing good", I think JB could explode under Reich's guidance.

I was out so it was hard to keep track but I kept seeing posts in the game day thread about how they had no confidence in him, that Luck had sapped all the energy from the team. I kept seeing a guy making good reads and delivering some nice throws and orchestrating a good team.

The guy has a rocket arm, it may not be a laser rocket arm, and it may never get to that laser level. But I gotta believe with 4 guys like TY, Cain, PC, and Hines- we're going to see some monster bomb TD's. If we can establish the run like we have shown we can- dude has the chance to destroy some defenses with the deep ball.

One thing we knew about Luck- he was tough, ummmm Brisset got sacked 52 fucking times- and he got up and played pretty much every down. I think we can already pin that toughness label on JB as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Spike (09-09-2019)
Old 09-09-2019, 06:20 PM

Thanked 4,396 Times in 2,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
I don't know, don't know....

I don't know any more about him than the next guy obviously. What I do think though is that he is a guy people are going to look to as a leader and if he can build confidence to the level that guys on this squad start thinking "ya know what, we don't need Luck to do this, he's pretty F'ing good", I think JB could explode under Reich's guidance.

I was out so it was hard to keep track but I kept seeing posts in the game day thread about how they had no confidence in him, that Luck had sapped all the energy from the team. I kept seeing a guy making good reads and delivering some nice throws and orchestrating a good team.

The guy has a rocket arm, it may not be a laser rocket arm, and it may never get to that laser level. But I gotta believe with 4 guys like TY, Cain, PC, and Hines- we're going to see some monster bomb TD's. If we can establish the run like we have shown we can- dude has the chance to destroy some defenses with the deep ball.

One thing we knew about Luck- he was tough, ummmm Brisset got sacked 52 fucking times- and he got up and played pretty much every down. I think we can already pin that toughness label on JB as well.
He's not Luck, but he is pretty good...based on one game.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:55 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
He's not Luck, but he is pretty good...based on one game.
I kinda look at it from the standpoint of what Reich / Sirani can do for a guy in terms of game elevation.

I think they can take a good player that wants to work hard and commit to the program, and they can put them in the upper tier of QB play, maybe top 12-15 guys at the position.

I was on Brisset way back saying I thought he was a guy that could get it done.

I know we have a very limited sample size but it won't take me a lot of games to move all the way to the VERY good player, turned into an elite level QB just based on the fact he came in as a skilled guy that needed some refinement and some skilled guys around him, including manning the sidelines.

I kind of look at Luck as a baseline HOF'er regardless of coach, but with Reich he could have elevated to icon stature with multiple MVPs.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-09-2019)
Old 09-09-2019, 07:57 PM

Are we bringing in any kickers tomorrow?
Old 09-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,665 Times in 2,050 Posts

One game doesn’t make or break a career. Going to see where we are six games in. Can Brisset pass us to a win when the run is shut down?
Old 09-09-2019, 08:18 PM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts

Briskets performance yesterday was really encouraging. He may not play in a more challenging atmosphere all season and he was really really good.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:10 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Briskets performance yesterday was really encouraging. He may not play in a more challenging atmosphere all season and he was really really good.
Atmosphere in KC will be brutal on SNF and trying to keep pace with Maholmes.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Atmosphere in KC will be brutal on SNF and trying to keep pace with Maholmes.
I agree. I meant the 110 degree heat.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:28 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I agree. I meant the 110 degree heat.
It was 80 degrees with no humidity. Trust me, I live 25 minutes away and it was a pretty nice day.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
It was 80 degrees with no humidity. Trust me, I live 25 minutes away and it was a pretty nice day.
Alright then forget I said anything, smartass.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (09-10-2019)