ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 08-14-2019, 09:29 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts
Default Player injuries

Fans aren’t entitled to medical information. If Luck, or any player, wants privacy on their injury then that is their right. And not all injuries are the same. Setbacks happen.

I am tired of hearing that “the colts handled this poorly” or “the colts trainers fucked up”

People have no idea what is truly going on and it doesn’t matter
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Butter (08-14-2019), Chromeburn (08-14-2019), indycolts2 (08-15-2019), Oldcolt (08-15-2019), Racehorse (08-15-2019), rcubed (08-16-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 09:30 PM

Hey dudes
Old 08-14-2019, 09:33 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

I don't disagree. But either release as little information as possible, which I'm okay with or be unified in what the entire organization is publicizing.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:37 PM

I will agree to some extent and disagree to some extent. If the Colts want to say that Luck is out with and injury and we do not know when he will return then that is fine. They do not need to give any additional explanation. However they should not mislead the fans. The colts have clearly stated or implied that Luck was not seriously injured and in fact had a minor injury that would not affect his playing time. They opened the door. I live in WV. We go to one game every year. Granted we always get club seats and made the weekend out of it so it runs about $2,500.00. If they tell me that Luck will not miss any time then i consider committing to the the Atlanta or TN game under what is a false premise. If they simply state we do not know when he will return then I make the decision knowing that I do so with the understanding that Luck may or may not play. They do not have to tell me anything just don't lie/mislead me.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I don't disagree. But either release as little information as possible, which I'm okay with or be unified in what the entire organization is publicizing.
No doubt that irsay needs to stfu. Although I do find it funny when he blurts out shit and people have to answer for it. Seems like a sitcom
Old 08-14-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
No doubt that irsay needs to stfu. Although I do find it funny when he blurts out shit and people have to answer for it. Seems like a sitcom
Old 08-14-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMichael557 View Post
I will agree to some extent and disagree to some extent. If the Colts want to say that Luck is out with and injury and we do not know when he will return then that is fine. They do not need to give any additional explanation. However they should not mislead the fans. The colts have clearly stated or implied that Luck was not seriously injured and in fact had a minor injury that would not affect his playing time. They opened the door. I live in WV. We go to one game every year. Granted we always get club seats and made the weekend out of it so it runs about $2,500.00. If they tell me that Luck will not miss any time then i consider committing to the the Atlanta or TN game under what is a false premise. If they simply state we do not know when he will return then I make the decision knowing that I do so with the understanding that Luck may or may not play. They do not have to tell me anything just don't lie/mislead me.
I couldn’t care less about your issues seeing a game. Go watch the colts. Whoever is out there and shut up

If they give an optimistic timeline, why wouldn’t they, and it doesnt work out then tough luck
Old 08-14-2019, 09:43 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Yeah, there a lot of times I wish that Irsay would stfu. Still I wouldn't want any other owner in the league representing the shoe.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Fans aren’t entitled to medical information. If Luck, or any player, wants privacy on their injury then that is their right. And not all injuries are the same. Setbacks happen.

I am tired of hearing that “the colts handled this poorly” or “the colts trainers fucked up”

People have no idea what is truly going on and it doesn’t matter
Your right about the publics need to know, but when it comes to the NFL and the injury report, thats a different story. Teams have lost draft picks for misrepresenting a players injuries.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
Your right about the publics need to know, but when it comes to the NFL and the injury report, thats a different story. Teams have lost draft picks for misrepresenting a players injuries.
They are still allowed to be vague and give little info.