ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-02-2023, 09:31 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,661 Times in 2,046 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Just listened to Holder on the JMV shoe, pretty damn revealing convo and man does it sound like this is a toxic stew of "not my problem" throughout the organization, and I'm going to go out on a limb, but it seems Saturday's biggest frustration may be with Nelson.

Apparently his angered words today were more focused on the lack of reaction from the guys on the field even moreso than the Thibodoux antics. And if you look at the pictures and words he seems to be implying that it's Nelson's job to go knock his head off for it, which I agree with 100%. This team has nothing to play for, who the fuck cares if you get suspended for the final game, go out standing up for your guy, re-confirm your status as the bad ass of the team you careless fuck!

Sadly, I think Nelson has to go. I don't think this is him having problems because the dudes around him suck, I think he can't deal with the losing and has basically taken the "not my problem" approach and doesn't even care anymore. When will he care, how do you gamble on that happening?

Also, and I know these guys have to be careful about what they say for fear of being shut out from intel, but Holder sure as fuck seemed to imply that Frank Reich wanted no part of trying to manage anything other than the play book and that as a result there was / IS no discipline and that Saturday has tried to bring it back but is not having a lot of success. In a lot of words it seemed to parse out as:
This team is very soft
This team is not disciplined
This team doesn't have a culture of accountability
Frank Reich didn't care about any of that, just wanted to put focus on the execution
Both Ballard and Irsay were okay with that until Irsay wasn't
Irsay realized there was no one holding anyone to account- including Ballard so he went outside the organization due to no trust of Ballard's regime
Now Irsay needs Harbaugh and Harbaugh would come here and demand a lot of control
Doubtful Ballard could stand that so he would be gone (good)

So, if Harbaugh says he would come but he becomes Belichek, are we good with that? I would certainly be as I fault Ballard for a lot of this shit. I also think Irsay would likely give Harbaugh the space to make the moves he feels are necessary to improve the team, which I would suspect is cutting a number of entitled players that I don't think Ballard would accept.

https://1075thefan.com/the-ride-with-jmv/

Did I listen to a different piece? Holder said Saturday and Glenn would not have tolerated that stuff and there would have been some dirty play coming as payback.

I didn't hear any of that other stuff about accountability, Nelson, and stuff. Holder did say Saturday's more of a disciplinarian than Reich. He also said that just being a disciplinarian, that in of itself isn't necessarily going to win you games.
Old 01-02-2023, 09:33 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
They couldn’t hire him tonight if they wanted to because of the Rooney rule.

Having said that, there’s no way in hell he’s coming to Indy if he has ANY other offers.
Yup, will have to go through the process.

Michigan fans are gonna run him out of town. Whelp back to mediocrity for that program.
Old 01-02-2023, 09:49 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
https://1075thefan.com/the-ride-with-jmv/

Did I listen to a different piece? Holder said Saturday and Glenn would not have tolerated that stuff and there would have been some dirty play coming as payback.

I didn't hear any of that other stuff about accountability, Nelson, and stuff. Holder did say Saturday's more of a disciplinarian than Reich. He also said that just being a disciplinarian, that in of itself isn't necessarily going to win you games.
Yeah him and Glenn would have gotten even. Him and Glenn were the "leaders" of the line, ala the once super hero turned pancake survivor Nelson. I read into it that as a leader you have a responsibility to go get even and he didn't. To me, that's a shot at Nelson for not being a leader (and in turn being a no-care guy).

He stated that Harbaugh would want to have significant input on personnel and Frank wanted nothing to do with those things. To me that's journalism speak for Frank basically didn't do shit that involved understanding guys, personnel dynamics, etc... basically a disconnected tactician that held no one to account for shit- which uhhhhh Matt Pryor got snaps at LT despite proving he was potentially the very worst OL to ever play.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
apballin (01-02-2023), YDFL Commish (01-03-2023)
Old 01-02-2023, 11:42 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Yeah him and Glenn would have gotten even. Him and Glenn were the "leaders" of the line, ala the once super hero turned pancake survivor Nelson. I read into it that as a leader you have a responsibility to go get even and he didn't. To me, that's a shot at Nelson for not being a leader (and in turn being a no-care guy).

He stated that Harbaugh would want to have significant input on personnel and Frank wanted nothing to do with those things. To me that's journalism speak for Frank basically didn't do shit that involved understanding guys, personnel dynamics, etc... basically a disconnected tactician that held no one to account for shit- which uhhhhh Matt Pryor got snaps at LT despite proving he was potentially the very worst OL to ever play.

I heard that part, that he let Ballard handle the roster and he handled the coaching. That's reading into it a lot more than I would I think.

JMV shot back in the next segment he wondered if Harbaugh would really want to handle all the roster duties though. That's a lot of work. I think he will have input. But I think Reich had input too because Ballard would go out and find guys his coaches preferred. He didn't draft in a vacuum. Plus just coming from college I bet Harbaugh would have some valuable input. I don't think Ballard would be opposed to the coach having a say in the personnel matters.
Old 01-03-2023, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I heard that part, that he let Ballard handle the roster and he handled the coaching. That's reading into it a lot more than I would I think.

JMV shot back in the next segment he wondered if Harbaugh would really want to handle all the roster duties though. That's a lot of work. I think he will have input. But I think Reich had input too because Ballard would go out and find guys his coaches preferred. He didn't draft in a vacuum. Plus just coming from college I bet Harbaugh would have some valuable input. I don't think Ballard would be opposed to the coach having a say in the personnel matters.
Man I just don't know. Lots of speculation that Ballard was not on board with this Saturday thing to start, so has to feel somewhat usurped. So then Harbaugh comes in and starts casting swing votes on players, not sure how Ballard could stomach it.

At the end of the day I do hope it is Harbaugh and I hope he is given wide latitude to change this team into something entirely different than it is now which is a tragically flawed team with no one that seems to feel like they have the platform to demand a higher standard.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
apballin (01-03-2023), CletusPyle (01-03-2023), Dewey 5 (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 02:49 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Neither Harbaugh nor Sean Payton will be coming to the Colts. Save yourselves the trouble, and forget about it.
JAFF (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 04:20 PM

Thanked 2,634 Times in 1,552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Neither Harbaugh nor Sean Payton will be coming to the Colts. Save yourselves the trouble, and forget about it.
I can't see Harbaugh leaving Michigan...but if he does want back in the NFL, I would think the Colts would have a shot at landing him. But Ballard would have to agree to give up some control, he'd probably quit first!
Old 01-03-2023, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
I can't see Harbaugh leaving Michigan...but if he does want back in the NFL, I would think the Colts would have a shot at landing him. But Ballard would have to agree to give up some control, he'd probably quit first!
As far as not leaving Michigan. Has a great thing going, but how much further can it go? 2 straight final 4's is rock solid, beating OSU back to back, hugely impressive. But, what is really the ceiling? Can they truly get over the Dawgs / Bama hurdle? Looking at GA's recruiting classes, tough to see a lot of opportunity in the next few years to beat them.

No more NIL, no more recruiting, no more having to tip toe around fragile young egos. Plus you know Jim / another owner will give you keys to the franchise and one last chance to get that ever elusive Lombardi.

I think there's a really strong chance of him leaving actually.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (01-03-2023), Ironshaft (01-06-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 09:40 PM

Thanked 1,120 Times in 623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Correct. Harbaugh will end up in Carolina or Denver & my guess is Denver if they are in fact offering 20mill.
Old 01-03-2023, 10:11 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I have no idea who will eventually be our head coach next year but I see no reason why Harbaugh would not be interested. Sure we look like shit but nobody who just fired their head coach did so because everything was hunky dory. Harbaugh is an alpha dog with a huge ego, he believes he can make any team relevant. I would imagine he would want considerable input as to who our new QB will be-don't see that as an issue with our history. Defense is pretty good and we have a horse at running back. Irsay wants to win now for obvious reasons, he can and will pony up the bucks. Harbaugh has a relationship with Irsay-ring of fame and all that crap. I would imagine there is a degree of trust between them. Irsay gives coaches a ton of chances so Harbaugh would have time. Not saying it is going to happen, just that I don't think it is necessarily a no.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (01-03-2023), Ironshaft (01-06-2023), Racehorse (01-04-2023)