ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-01-2022, 03:18 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

It's Tony D. He's drunk posting and chasing MILFs at the Slippery Noodle.

Margot and I can see him sitting right over there.
CletusPyle (12-01-2022), Lov2fish (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 05:25 PM

Thanked 1,120 Times in 623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Last time I saw Luck he looked like he had lost 40 lbs of muscle, I can't see him ever coming back, but he might have some influence over Harbaugh. This is probably all bullshit, but maybe Luck would make a good GM, he certainly has the intelligence and pedigree to step into an executive position.
Plus I think he moved back to Cali to attend grad school at Stanford.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dewey 5 For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 05:51 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Shit it is desperate time with this team. I’m rooting for Brylok and Margot. At least I have a rooting interest now

Last edited by Oldcolt; 12-01-2022 at 05:54 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Brylok (12-01-2022), ChoppedWood (12-01-2022), CletusPyle (12-01-2022), Dewey 5 (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 06:04 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
He has nerve damage in that injury, there is no real way to fix that. Besides, he was right to walk away
nerve damage in his ankle?

i have no problem with him being retired except i miss watching him play
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (12-01-2022), Lov2fish (12-01-2022), Oldcolt (12-02-2022), Racehorse (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Perhaps Harbaugh as HC with roster control and Saturday as GM for all the behind the scenes stuff.

Luck will be there to let Jim know that he likes the way Jim built the team and he is not a big of a prick as some might say. Getting an endorsement from Luck may mean something to Jim.

I would love Harbaugh to be coach. I think most of you would hate it after about 3 games.
ChoppedWood (12-01-2022), CletusPyle (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 06:31 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Perhaps Harbaugh as HC with roster control and Saturday as GM for all the behind the scenes stuff.

Luck will be there to let Jim know that he likes the way Jim built the team and he is not a big of a prick as some might say. Getting an endorsement from Luck may mean something to Jim.

I would love Harbaugh to be coach. I think most of you would hate it after about 3 games.
Great fucking post!
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 06:38 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post

I really hoped he'd come here at various points. I think even in 2014 when he was about to leave SF... and we eventually went to the AFCC... Still wanted him over Pagano.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (12-01-2022), Racehorse (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 06:51 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

I am fully in the camp that this team needs Harbaugh. Need that toughness, that take no shit attitude, and the former ties with the history of almost getting us there and a chance to finish his career by completing that loop... man

So, pie in the sky shit..
Saturday to GM
Harbaugh coach

Lose the rest of the games. Get what, the # 6 - 7 pick? So you're picking what, 3rd best QB?

1st and second are likely some combination of:

Stroud- don't want him, been proven you can eliminate his effectiveness
Young- too small and has played with nothing but 5 stars whole career, of course you're gonna look great- another bama burn out IMO
Levis- meh, looks to me like a Mac Jones type- will have his moments but isn't going to take you to the land of perennial title contender because he is on your team.

Only two QB's that interest me out of this class: Penix, and Richardson. Convinced that in today's NFL you have to have a strong, fast, elusive guy with a big arm.

Penix- those knees are a worry but that arm is special. Have to pass, because in the master plan, he poses too much risk. You take him and he plays, and he blows out another knee, and you're drafting for the same position again in 2024.

Richardson- watched the FSU game, and they drew parallels to Josh Allen, and you can see the reasons. He will be a project, but he is a hell of an athlete and can throw missiles. He does have the same profile as Josh Allen coming out- freak athlete, great on the run QB, but needs to work on his reads and precision.

Here's where things get interesting.

We need a bona-fide franchise LT and a franchise QB, and you aren't getting both of those in the same draft.

There are two scary dudes in next years draft in Maye and Williams. Maye has the hallmarks of Luck (if you watched their game against NC State, that looked exactly like Luck in his prime Stanford days) and Williams of Mahomes- feet are incredible and does magical things with the ball in clutch moments- you can't go wrong with either, and they probably go 1-2 next year.

So, can you SUCK bad enough next year to land one of those two- quite possibly, but you gotta try to do it.

Focus on sucking hard the rest of this year. Pass up the QB in the high single digits and snag the top LT this year.

All out quest to be the worst team in football next year.
Trade Taylor for high draft pick, either for draft capital in 2024 to move up or if we end up with #1 or 2, then that pick may be a 10-15 level 1st rounder as well.
Cut as much old dead weight as possible. Hell, might as well get something for Buckner and let him have a decent chance at winning a title while he can still walk. Get more draft picks for the next couple years.
Tons of youth gets PT.
Ride with Ehlinger as your QB.
New LT learns on the job.
Rainman moves to RT.

Next year, all-in for either Maye or Williams.

And you hope that in 2025 you see a remarkable Peyton, Edge, Marvin rise from the ashes scenario where your core is set for a run of 6-7 years as contenders.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 07:31 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

o

When your favorite team is having a bad year, you generally want to reach for something, anything, that might spark interest and/or hope for the near future.

I understand that kind of thing, but I also think that it's important not to take such rumors/hopes too seriously ...... outside of the highly unlikely possibility that the Colts run the table and finish the 2022 campaign at 9-7-1, this season is shot, and there is nothing that we can do about it except to wait patiently for next September (or at least until April, when the NFL draft occurs.)

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 12-01-2022 at 11:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 08:38 PM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
I'd like to dig deeper into this topic, but I'm late for my lunch date with Margot Robbie. Gotta run
Nice! I'm having dinner with Gal Gadot tonight. We should all get together and hang out sometime.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Brylok (12-02-2022), ChoppedWood (12-01-2022), CletusPyle (12-01-2022), Oldcolt (12-02-2022), Racehorse (12-02-2022)