ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-24-2023, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
If you have my TV service its in the NFL Folder.

I do have your service

Just hadn’t stumbled upon the right connection

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-28-2023, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red raindog View Post
I do have your service

Just hadn’t stumbled upon the right connection

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
One important tip on watching sporting events with the TV service is that you need to "update" the Live TV group THAT DAY for the proper games to show up in their respective sports channel.

If your "update" was from a previous day, then you can find the sporting event on its state/city/network channel but it will not show up in the MLB, NFL, NBA marked channel for your team.

BUFF: If you are watching live sports, update your live TV section every day.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (12-29-2023), red raindog (12-28-2023), Spike (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
One important tip on watching sporting events with the TV service is that you need to "update" the Live TV group THAT DAY for the proper games to show up in their respective sports channel.

If your "update" was from a previous day, then you can find the sporting event on its state/city/network channel but it will not show up in the MLB, NFL, NBA marked channel for your team.

BUFF: If you are watching live sports, update your live TV section every day.

I do that

Like I said - finding the feed among all the feeds in the NFL folder was the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-13-2024, 09:25 PM

Anybody else having trouble with shockwave tonight. I was watching a show went to update live tv to find game and now says my account is invalid. Paid up thru May

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2024, 09:45 PM

Thanked 1,339 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalbert View Post
Anybody else having trouble with shockwave tonight. I was watching a show went to update live tv to find game and now says my account is invalid. Paid up thru May

Haven't had that, but I had a heck of a time w/ it last night. Kept getting the error that it couldn't find the movie/show. Finally got it working ok after restarting my Firestick the 2nd time and w/ updating the movie and series library for the umpteenth time.

I checked it this morning, and it was working fine but haven't logged on it since.
Old 01-13-2024, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Haven't had that, but I had a heck of a time w/ it last night. Kept getting the error that it couldn't find the movie/show. Finally got it working ok after restarting my Firestick the 2nd time and w/ updating the movie and series library for the umpteenth time.

I checked it this morning, and it was working fine but haven't logged on it since.

I unplugged the stick and then got it working. When I updated live tv it kept spinning and then after forever it said invalid account but now is working

The Following User Says Thank You to bigalbert For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-13-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 01:53 PM

Question for you guys who have had the TV Service for awhile: how often do you upgrade/replace your Firestick and/or router?

I haven't really had any issues w/ Live TV (at least during Colts games), but I do seem to have to do a lot of restarting the Firestick, Cache clearing, and sometimes restarting my router to get the movies and series to work sometimes. Both my Firestick and router are from ~June of '20, so thinking it might be time.

Amazon is running a deal where you can get the latest and greatest Firestick for $40 (and I could maybe get it for a little less if trade in my old one). My router is through my internet and TV provider, so I could probably get it changed out for free. But I don't have any buffering issues on any other streaming apps which I run through my smart TV so I think it's probably more the Firestick than the router.
Old 01-16-2024, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Question for you guys who have had the TV Service for awhile: how often do you upgrade/replace your Firestick and/or router?

I haven't really had any issues w/ Live TV (at least during Colts games), but I do seem to have to do a lot of restarting the Firestick, Cache clearing, and sometimes restarting my router to get the movies and series to work sometimes. Both my Firestick and router are from ~June of '20, so thinking it might be time.

Amazon is running a deal where you can get the latest and greatest Firestick for $40 (and I could maybe get it for a little less if trade in my old one). My router is through my internet and TV provider, so I could probably get it changed out for free. But I don't have any buffering issues on any other streaming apps which I run through my smart TV so I think it's probably more the Firestick than the router.

Internet companies usually do not install very good routers. Always best to purchase your own. I have the for sale on the website and we monitor them and keep them updated on firmware. Or you can order one from Best Buy.

You really need to lock off all folders/channels you are not using so your firestick is not trying to refresh and download shows you wont ever watch. Like the foreign stuff. Need to do that in Live TV Movies and Series
on the app.
Settings
Parental controls
you can set a code or use 00000
go through and lock everything you dont watch

You can check your firestick to see how much capacity you have left That will tell you if you need a new firestick.

You also need to go in and delete all apps you dont use. They are always working in the background and use data

How to uninstall APPS on Firestick
https://youtu.be/WPZG7ehA08E?si=wAuy-1x7EGvS28Ij

This is a great app to have

https://youtu.be/zXM-alMM3nY?si=_nMSObN16tZfIByZ
Spike (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 04:45 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,271 Times in 2,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post

Internet companies usually do not install very good routers ...... ) it's always best to purchase your own.

o

And modems ...... instead of renting a modem for $15 per month, you can buy your own for less than $100, and you break even after 6 months. After that's, it's all proverbial profit.

I don't pay a dime for TV service because both of my TV sets are smart TV's, and I get thousands of free movies, TV shows, and live TV news programs ...... if and when I purchase Puck's service, it will be the first time in a long time that I will be paying anything for my televisions.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 01-16-2024 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-16-2024, 07:55 PM

Thanks Puck (and C&O) for the recommendations.

I've kept over 1 GB available on my Firestick, so I don't think it was a capacity issue. But I went ahead and deleted the Apps I don't use, so I'm at ~2.7 GB free now.

I'll go ahead and at least lock the folders that I don't use. Hopefully that and deleting my unused apps will fix any issues I've had. If not then I'll look into getting my own router. Although it's included in the promo bundle I'm on, so would like to just keep using it (or a replacement from Altifiber) if I can.

Thanks Again!